It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Reprimands Father of Girl Killed by Drunk-Driving Illegal Alien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.cnsnews.com...

Congressman Reprimands Father of Teen Killed by Drunk-Driving Illegal Alien for Calling Criminal Aliens 'Banditos' Friday, April 03, 2009

(CNSNews.com) – In emotional testimony before a House joint panel this week, a Virginia man recalled the death of his teenage daughter in 2007 – a death caused by an illegal immigrant who was driving drunk and who had been arrested twice before the crime, but was not deported.

“Two years ago this week, my 16-year-old daughter, Tessa, and her best friend Allison were killed as they were sitting at in intersection waiting for a red light to change,” Ray Tranchant said, as friends placed a photograph of Tessa Tranchant on an easel behind him.

Since his daughter’s death, Tranchant, a professor from VIrginia Beach, has become an advocate for the enforcement of immigration law. On Thursday, as Tranchant applauded local law enforcement in Virginia for its increased efforts to work with federal immigration authorities since his daughter’s death, he referred to individuals listed on the Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s database of illegal aliens with criminal backgrounds as “banditos.”

That comment drew a rebuff from Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.). “Mr. Tranchant, can I share with you as the father of two daughters, I thank you for bringing your testimony here, but I suggest to you that if we refer to people as banditos, as you referred to them in your testimony, it does not help to solve the problem,” Gutierrez said. (snip)

Drunk driving illegals are everywhere. DUI is part of latin culture and they don't see a thing wrong with it even if they kill someone. We need to stop all immigration, legal and illegal, from latin countries.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

DUI is part of latin culture and they don't see a thing wrong with it even if they kill someone. We need to stop all immigration, legal and illegal, from latin countries.

I wouldn't generalize DUI is part of Latin culture or agree that ALL immigration from Latin countries should stop. But I do think any illegal in the US that gets arrested should NEVER be allowed back in public. That is inexcusable.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon

. But I do think any illegal in the US that gets arrested should NEVER be allowed back in public. That is inexcusable.

Forget the arrest requirement. Anyone caught here illegally should be deported and never be allowed to legally enter the country again.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Main Entry: ban·di·to
Pronunciation: \ban-ˈdē-(ˌ)tō\
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian
Date: 1591
: an outlaw especially of Mexican extraction or origin

Source

Perhaps Rep. Luis Gutierrez needs to learn more English; as noted above, according to Merriam-Webster, the father of the girl correctly used the English word "bandito".

I tried to e-mail this information to Rep. Luis Gutierrez, but he only accepts e-mails through his website from his constituents.

If anyone has an actual e-mail address for him I would greately appreciate it (However, this issue annoyes me so much I may actually mail an actual paper letter to him.)

[edit on 3-4-2009 by craig732]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, I do have to agree, why call them banditos?

"Scum sucking bottom feeder" is much more accurate.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Perhaps Rep. Luis Gutierrez needs to learn more English; as noted above, according to Merriam-Webster, the father of the girl correctly used the English word "bandito".

I tried to e-mail this information to Rep. Luis Gutierrez, but he only accepts e-mails through his website from his constituents.

Americans should not vote for anyone with a mexican name since they are always mexico-firsters.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
...thread stinks of racism big-time...

new topics

top topics

join