It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mint Issues PR Quarter With Spanish Inscription

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

US Mint Issues PR Quarter With Spanish Inscription

apnews.myway.com

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - The U.S. Mint on Thursday introduced its first coin with a Spanish-language inscription in honor of Puerto Rico.

The quarter is the latest in a series that already has recognized all 50 states and, like the others, it depicts the traditional profile of George Washington on one side.

But the reverse side shows a sentry box on a Spanish colonial fort and a hibiscus, the U.S. territory's official flower, along with the phrase: "Isla del Encanto".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.statequarterguide.com
en.wikipedia.org
www.visit-the-coqui.com
puerto-rico.suite101.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Should Puerto Rico be allowed to Vote?
Should Puerto Rico Become Our 51st State?
Puerto Rico - Bankrupt - One Place - I would NOT want to be - Dangerous Before - Now What?
Puerto Rico's governor says 'government is bankrupt'

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So, the question here is, if Puerto Rico is getting a new quarter, with Washington's face on one side and a Spanish Fort on the other side, does this mean that this is a low-grade way to indoctrinate Puerto Rico into the United States utilizing the coin as a mean of advertising in advance?

I can remember many articles where it has been debated over years about the American citizens living in Puerto Rico demanding that it be allowed to brought in as the 51st state of America, as well as the citizens of Puerto Rico not wanting this to happen, at all. If the island nation has been near bankrupcty in the past, is this a way as well of arranging another "Bailout Package" through trying to shift to the U.S. Dollar, through the quarter?

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Or:

Sometimes a quarter is just a quarter.

I don't see the conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Or:

Sometimes a quarter is just a quarter.

I don't see the conspiracy here.

Okay. Well, I appreciate your comment anyway. I was not delving into it a lot.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
with all the steps being taken as of late it could mean anything..

or it could mean nothing,

but I'm thinking the former not the latter

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I can see your point. I just thought perhaps the timing was odd, whereas America is going through an economic crises, we're being called out by China as being economically weak, the powers that be are attempting to make an international monetary systems, and now this quarter for Puerto Rico.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
there are no such things as coincidences anymore, especially in these times, the NWO is coming out strong

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Does Washington DC have a quarter?

Looks like it.
www.usmint.gov...

Looks as if all the US held teritories are getting a quarter.

hmm. Now if we can only get Canada to change their coinage so it doesn't look so dang close to ours!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Puerto Rico is a US territory and has been so since 1898, despite what some Puerto Ricans claim it is not an independent nation.

The island's 4 million residents are litterly split 49% and 49% for either statehood or retaining colonial status with the balance being the 2% who favor independence. Irregardless, only the US Congress can admit them as a state or reject them.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Does Washington DC have a quarter?

Looks like it.
www.usmint.gov...

Looks as if all the US held teritories are getting a quarter.

hmm. Now if we can only get Canada to change their coinage so it doesn't look so dang close to ours!

Wait a minute, doesn't the United States Government consider Canada as another state?

Just kidding. Or am I?

new topics

top topics

join