It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could 9/11 Have Been the Heist of the Century?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Was the destruction of the WTC done to hide the evidence that hundreds of millions (maybe billions) of $ worth of gold stored under the towers mysteriously vanished and was this done to enable the Federal Reserve to pay back a long standing debt that threatened to bankrupt it?

As a long time 9/11 conspiracy advocate, I've quite often wondered why the conspirators bothered to go to all the trouble and risk of setting explosives in the WTC towers when the mere fact that two commercial planes crashing into the towers would have been sufficiently traumatic by themselves in combination with the pentagon event and flight 93 to warrant the resulting political response. It seemed to me that plotting to bring the towers down would violate the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) doctrine and therefore risked premature discovery or perhaps only partially successful demolition which would have risked further discovery. And then I read this article.

fourwinds10.com...

Which relates how the Federal Reserve, back in 1931, entered into an agreement with the Chinese Emperor to take possession of a large amount of gold and to return it with interest (also in the form of gold) after 70 years (which would be 2001). Apparently, the owners of the Fed back then, didn't expect the Emperor or his descendants to actually be around to demand repayment and yet there apparently was a living descendant who showed up in 2001 with all the appropriate documentation demanding to be repaid. It seems the Fed was quite a bit short of gold. When I read this, it suddenly occurred to me that maybe there was a connection between this threat to the Fed's solvency and the missing gold from the vaults under the twin towers. For those who don't know that story, here are the salient points.

An unknown amount of gold with a minimum of 800 million $ but perhaps as much as several billion $ was stored in vaults under one of the towers. I believe it was the south tower but I'm not certain if that's the one. After 9/11, witnesses came forward and said that they had see flatbed trucks guarded by armed men leaving the underground parking of the WTC on the weekend prior to the attack and that the trucks were carrying gold bullion bars. Some firefighters who responded to the attacks, and entered the complex via the underground parking area reported seeing an abandoned truck and a car with both vehicles containing one or more gold bars in plain site. After the event, when the site was cleaned up, workers reported seeing a cart piled with gold in the corridor OUTSIDE the vaults. Only $200 million worth of gold was ever recovered.

So here's a theory that worth considering in my humble opinion. The Mossad arranged for the attack via their saudi arabian patsies and made sure that key people in NORAD and the Pentagon were onside. The Mossad then tips off their cronies in the international banking community, who buy many thousands of puts options to reap a windfall gain (estimated to be as much as $15 billion) AND who also have connections to the private banks that collectively own the US Federal Reserve banks. Because the Fed is in danger of being petitioned into insolvency due to being unable to repay the gold loan, a scheme is cooked up to a) lease the WTC towers and then insure them for billions against a terrorist attack b) hire private sector demolitions experts to bring down the towers in order to hide the evidence and then c) clean out the gold bullion stored under the towers just prior to the attack.

Result? The US Government is hoodwinked into going after Israel's enemies. Silverstein realizes a huge multi-billion $ insurance windfall. The buyers of the options also gain a huge profit and a lot of gold vanishes without a clue which the owners of the Fed can then 'lend' that gold to the Fed which can then repay the chinese debt.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Why would they go through all that trouble when they could just have some money printed (like they are doing for the bailouts) and go buy some gold. It wouldnt even matter what it cost as long as you know roughly how much money to print.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
IMHO, the greatest heist of all time is occuring as I type. TPTB have stolen the wealth of all Americans, especially my generation that has worked and saved for more than 40 some years, and close to retirement. This theft will force many of us to forgo retirement and continue to work until we succumb to old age. The future for younger and future generations of Americans is unknown.

The "heist" of this gold is a paultry sum compaired to the trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars "lost" in the markets, IRA's/401K's, government "bailout" programs, government take over of private companies, and the planned deficit spending of approximately 9+ trillion dollars, minimum, over the next couple years.

This debt, plus interest WILL be paid off by you, your children, and your grand children, if we still exist as a sovereign nation.

Time to stop looking at the front man of change and look behind the curtain where the real show is going on.

To them a few billion dollars of gold is nothing but chump change.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Interesting theory, star, and flag for you, I need to look into that some more.
I do know that Larry S was going to dismantle the WTC and rebuild them I also know that Port Authority had ask if they could demolished the WTC back in 1998, but it was denied.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Why would they go through all that trouble when they could just have some money printed (like they are doing for the bailouts) and go buy some gold. It wouldnt even matter what it cost as long as you know roughly how much money to print.

Because the Federal Reserve notes would be practically worthless and not within the agreement. Where would they buy that much gold? Gold that was bought would have to be accounted for. Stolen (allegedly destroyed along with 3000 people) gold would not. With expendable cattle and replaceable buildings paid for by the taxpayers; it would be pure profit for the greedy. They could have their New Pearl Harbor Event and endless war for endless profit and Shock & Awe to frighten the sheep and the Patriot Act and all their precious oil in Iraq and all their precious opium in Afghanistan, all rolled into one.

the Federal Reserve, back in 1931, entered into an agreement with the Chinese Emperor to take possession of a large amount of gold and to return it with interest (also in the form of gold) after 70 years (which would be 2001).

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

I totally agree. They dont have to kill a single person to rob us all blind. They just fill their pockets full of cash and devalue our currency as we watch. Those politicians all have a pair of brass ones... even the women

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

They do not have to kill 3000 people, destroy 3 airplanes, and do billions of dollars of damage to steal a couple of billion dollars worth of gold. They are in the process of peeing away 3 trillion dollars right in front of us. They can just print a few billion dollars worth of cash and buy some gold with it. If there isnt enough on the market they could have just bought the gold that you think they stole. They could account for it however they wanted to because all of this is totally legal according to our wonderful Congress. They are going to print 3 trillion dollars and start passing it out on the street corner. It will all be accounted for, as well as the government accounts for stuff (ie they will loose a few hundred billion and have no idea where it went). We just suckered the Chinese into buying over a trillion dollars in T-Bills. Do you think it is really hard to come up with a few billion dollars to buy a bit of gold?

Granted loaning money to us is like loaning money to your redneck neighbor that can kick your butt. Because how is anyone going to have the authority to make us pay them back.

When Obamer gets calls from the collection agencies he can just change the phone number to the White House or turn the ringer off on the phone.

But I will say that if they did all that to come up with a few billion dollars and to come up with a reason to start a few wars, then I am ok with it. I give them points for creativity and for having some brass ones. I mean to think you would risk your entire legacy and the death penalty to do that just to save us taxpayers a little cash, it brings tears to my eyes.

Bush must have been awesome. He planned this massive illusion and pulled it off without one person leaking a word of what had to be the most well planned, well executed act in human history. To think, he could have just asked for a few billion from Bill Gates or Warren Buffet and they wouldnt have noticed it missing after the check was cashed. But no, he is a proud man and is so intelligent that he planned this whole process just to save a few billion in tax dollars. Come to think of it I dont know what he was better at: planning or communicating.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
By the way have you ever heard of Ft. Knox? We could just grab a couple of truck loads out of there and write an IOU. How is that for accounting?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well.. where did the gold bars go? How many trucks-5 ?
What was the shipping method- cargo boat/oil carrier-? Is there records? If there are records how long would they wait to get it out of the country? A few weeks. Right away? Would they chose the easy option of the New York sea routes. Or would they track it under ground or drive it to Florida for confusion?

In the movie they drove it under ground through giant tunnels-in dump trucks. What was the name of that movie?

And finally: Which Chinese Emporer
?

Meaning did the payout go to the Chinese government or the Dali Lama? (doesn't he feel he is the rightful heir to China and the world?)

In which case, is there going to be a further debt reclaimation.

Some Chinese sources argue that Tibet was still part of China throughout this period.

Tibet

See History of Tibet 1912-1949.

The Dalai Lama returned to Tibet from India in July 1912 (after the fall of the Qing dynasty), and expelled the Amban and all Chinese troops.[158] In 1913, the Dalai Lama issued a proclamation that stated that the relationship between the Chinese emperor and Tibet "had been that of patron and priest and had not been based on the subordination of one to the other."[106] "We are a small, religious, and independent nation," the proclamation continued.[106] For the next thirty-six years, Tibet enjoyed de facto independence while China endured its Warlord era, civil war, and World War II. Some Chinese sources argue that Tibet was still part of China throughout this period.[159]

And since the Dalai lama considers himself to be god reincarnate...
And especially if the head of state or 'emporer' during this 70 year loan was a Buddhist and thereby a lesser than in rank than the Dalai.

Ah geesh. I thought I'd shoot it out there. We may well have a double loan on our hands--especially....especially... if we had nothing to do with the WTC 'return'.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The posts about why bother with a few billion in gold when the Fed can create hundreds of billions out of thin air misses the point. If the attack was planned with political objectives in mind ie. engineering a 'clash of civilizations' against muslim and arab countries, then the opportunity to make a couple of billion $ in gold disappear would have been the icing on the cake. A freebie as it were. As for Fort Knox, that gold, if in fact there is still any gold left there, belongs to the US government, not the Federal Reserve and I imagine that if Greenspan had asked Congress to authorize a gold loan, the Congress would have probably asked why and the whole chinese gold debt thing might have become a public scandal (as in what happened to the loaned gold to begin with).

Actually now that I think more about it, I think the 'Heist of the Century' label is probably not correct. That label could be better applied to what happened to Bear Stearns. SOMEBODY started the rumors that BS was running out of cash even though at that point they weren't. Once the rumors spread, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy but the real scandal is what happened after the Fed told Morgan to pay only $2 per share for BS. Something like 30-40% of BS stock was owned by it's employees. When the takeover by Morgan was announced and the stock plunged to around $2, many tens of millions of shares were sold at that price and then a week later, out of the goodness of their hearts, Morgan announced that it would pay $10 per share instead of $2. The questions that no one seems to have asked is 1) why pay five times more than you have to and 2) did someone know in advance of the $10 per share offer and made a fast 400% profit buying up all those shares of which a lot were probably sold by BS employees and 3) was that party responsible for starting the rumors in the first place?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

We already had more than enough reason to invade Iraq before 911 ever happened. They violated the peace agreement and UN resolutions over and over again.

I am sure that if Bush wanted to invade Afghanistan before 911 then he could have come up with a much easier way to handle it.

All of you "The government planned 911 guys" miss the fact that the government cant do anything without information leaking out. They are for the most part inept at anything other than taxing the hell out of us. So therefore it is 99.9999999% impossible they could have pulled off 911 while everyone watched it on tv. Plus, there is absolutely no reason to have to go through all that trouble to start a war or dig up some cash.

Lets look at it from conspiracy guys mind. They had to use holograms to hide the missles or they had to wire both building with explosives without anyone noticing any of it. So by one of these or other methods they killed 3000 people and wrecked all kind of stuff. They did all that and what did they gain that they couldnt have gained by 100's of easier methods?

They could have gotten the wars started by letting AlQuaida shoot up a shopping mall. It would have been way cheaper and there would have been way less collateral damage. While everyone was distracted by that they could have stolen the gold or printed up some more cash.

I do respect your creativity and all, but it just seems like way too much trouble when you could accomplish the same stuff easier by other means.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

In 2001 the average price for gold was $250.00 per ounce.

A standard gold bar contains 400 troy ounces.

$250.00 x 400 troy ounces = $100,000.00

Assuming there was $1,000,000,000.00 in one of the towers

$1,000,000,000.00 / $100,000.00 = 10,000 gold bars.

A gold bar weighs 27.4 pounds.

27.4 x 10,000 = 274,000 pounds of gold.

The average maximum weight limit on an 18 wheeler is 80,000 pounds from what I could find. I think that includes the semi and trailer weighing an average of 30,000 pounds give or take? Which leaves 40,000 - 50,000 pounds of actual cargo.

I originally was going to say it wasn't possble. Bu after doing the math ( if i did it correctly
i'm half asleep) it actually seems doable with 18 wheelers. Although it would be a logistc pain.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by drock905]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
sounds a bit like the plot to diehard 3, was that released post or pre 911?

top topics

join