It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Give Queen a IPOD

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The queen switches it on, gets a top secret message, about the way the world is heading, and directions to the new secret bunker and then:

'This ipod will self distruct in ten seconds!'

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Giving the Queen an Ipod is one thing. Low class, yes. But what kills me is it was loaded with his speeches and pictures. What arrogance!

I hope the first thing she said is "how do I erase it?"

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Couldn't he at least have given her something actually "Made in America"?

You mean like a Big Mac? I don't think she wants that garbage.

Originally posted by Britguy
Oh! I keep forgetting, all that outsourcing of jobs means there's not really much of any use still made there.

Case-in-point.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

I don't like Obama, and I didn't vote for him. But I must say that truth is always important to me, even if it means I have to defend him on something. I sure as heck don't want to, that's for sure!

I'm wondering why Fox news all day yesterday kept making a big deal about the iPod, but then there was one....ONE....news correspondent, in London, who reported on the whole story. Not O'Reilly, and certainly not Hannity, who has lost all his crackers in my mind....the guy is an embarrassed to all conservatives, I think. But I digress....

The Queen already had an iPod for music, but reportedly wanted one for videos and such. So the Obama's bought her one, uploaded it with videos and pictures of her visit.

Actually, I thought this was a very thoughtful gift, which I'm sure his staff helped put together. I doubt protocol would let him or his wife do anything that would embarrass the country, on purpose.

Now, back to his crappy spending bills.....

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
...you people are arguing whether or not obama should have given her an ipod........wow.. did you forget that the queen still represents the reason thousands of people died during the revolutionary war??? imagine if you go back in time and tell them as they are dying that the current president is giving a "gift" to the queen?? .....wow and when the last time you heard a president giving a gift to any leader of a foreign country??? its treason......even if it is a small gift... the very act of it shows how close obama is to the queen...Obama is in fact related to the queen of england www.abovetopsecret.com... and maybe this gesture shows who is really in charge..................

[edit on 3-4-2009 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RR98

Degrading a class of people and using them as a reference as a lack of education and ignorance is ignorance at its best.

to imply the Obamas are only successful because of affirmative action is nothing but hate mongering and degrading.

This post reeks of bigotry and brings down the quality of ATS.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Actually, I think it's a very appropriate gift. Why all the junk framed photographs, Rolex, Cartier, and Tiffany gifts. The iPod was filled with memories which is something much more meaningful than an autographed photo.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
People just want any excuse to hate the man, don't they? The man has made plenty of real mistakes since he took office. The fact that people find giving the Queen of England an iPod and its apparent ramifications to be newsworthy means that the idea of celebrity ultra-scrutiny has reached the white house. For the people that have cited this as a good reason to dislike Obama, consider for a long moment that your basing a political opinion on his choice of gifts rather then his policies. If these kinds of things are newsworthy, when much more important things are happening involving both the world and president, then the MSM has defeated us with the idea of info-tainment, even if we're not using them for our 'news'.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by TheDustman]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hari Seldon

The President of the United States in the Oval Office with Crayolas. Yeah, there's a promising headline.

I thought that was the main headline for the past 8 years of the Bush admin, complete with Teletubbies coloring books?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Can't keep up with this thread. Very busy.

I think it was a brillant gift. How else do you think we could keep the queen under 24 hour video and voice survellience?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join