It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxes! Taxes! Taxes!, I can take it anymore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Searching for ways to send as little taxes to the government as possible. Here in California our new 8.75% plus local sales tax started today. Any suggestions.

Here are some things I have been doing.

Ordered my $5 foot long to go (no sales tax on to go food)
Bought a camera online from NY. (no sales tax, shipping was a third of the tax I would have paid here in Ca)
Craigslist, Ebay, other internet purchases.
Garage Sales
Barter

I want to send letters to the state and other retailers telling them of my desire to resist these taxes.

Any ideas, what are you doing.

Any good tax watchdog groups I can join, I am done sitting on the sidelines.

Anyone joining a tea party on the 15th.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If California fails to receive the revenue of the new tax hikes because of people like you and I that try our hardest to "stick it to the man" by avoiding these taxes, they will simply come up with new taxes or close the loop holes of the existing ones. We are only delaying the inevitable.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Forgot to mention you poor smokers. What a load of crap that is....good thing only people who make over 250k actually smoke.

So what now, roll your own, quit.

Have a smoke out for a week. just no smokeing for a week and watch the tax receipts dry up. But if you could quit for a week I guess you could quit for good.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Your right.........They are creative and bad, but hell if they are going to screw me, I am going to put up a fight, plus I am curious just how creative can they be. Tax the beaches, sunlight, put in red light camera on every corner. They might as well earn it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
try this one. Just came across it few days and still looking into it myself.

www.freedomworks.org...

Government will try to bleed us for every penny they can get. Soon it will be impossible to get around it. About the best thing can hope for is that some bright lawyers can read through some of these laws and find reasons as to why they should be unconstitutional or maybe they could files charges against the government for misuse of government funds.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
ax his beers,
If he cries, then
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers,
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me
to my doom..."

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax,
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest expense
Inventory tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road usage taxes
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class
in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What happened?
And I still have to "press 1" for English

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Leave California.

Barring that, all other methods to reduce your tax burden would require a significant lifestyle shift and generally not one for the better.

Stop consuming to stop the sales tax. Opt to rent to stop paying property tax. Get rid of you car and any other registered vehicles to stop property tax. Quit your job to avoid income taxation or work under the table.

Eventually you will either be on unemployment living section 8 or trying to live on a small homestead in the vast CA forests. Both of those are likely to land you in prison or shot to death by the feds.

You can look into these guys: www.givemeliberty.org

A word of warning: the ADL hates you for not loving your tax burden. Disliking or questioning taxation makes you an anti-semite and a white supremacist.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
We cannot simultaneously make wars and be a world police and pay less taxes

I believe that it would be only fair to tax more those who actually supported the war, but as a nice guy, I have no problem with "helping" my war mongering fellow countryman to pay off our war debt (if some of that tax money is gonna go towards that)

Bring them on, I say, lets not leave our debt to our children

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
What happened?

For the sake of honest evaluation, we were fresh out of the second industrial revolution 100 years ago -- a revolution that was largely dominated by the United States, and rocketed America to the top of the global hierarchy. Taxes probably didn't have anything to do with it.

Likewise, The Great Depression didn't end with the New Deal, and it didn't end with WWII. It ended with the invention of the transistor, at Bell Labs.

Clinton didn't fix the economy, the internet revolution fixed the economy.

Politicians want us to think that monetary and fiscal policy leads to economic growth, but it doesn't. Technological advancement leads to economic growth.

Of course, this attempt at honest analysis doesn't change the fact that I wanted to break something when I found out that rolling tobacco is now going for $4.50 a pouch.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
What happened?

100 years ago we had pretty much no middle class, and many people might as well have been slave labor. 50 or so years ago was when the middle class was huge, which was when the top marginal tax rate was over 90%.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
my advice to you is the following:

Begin moving though your environment using public infrastructure as little as possible (no sidewalks, no roads, no public transit, etc).

This is an important 'step' for you as it will begin your transition from a world where services are provided for you through the use of money you pay in taxes to the world where you don't have to pay a penny, but you no longer are provided with the services.

No longer consume ANYTHING that is dependent on any form of infrastructure.

Okay, in this stage you will really prove your worth because here is where you will suddenly realize 'ya getting around w/o using anything provided by tax dollars was HARD, but holy-friggen-cow I can not even EAT now, that is unless I am producing my own food!'

Ya that's right, you can no longer BUY anything to consumer because it ALL is dependent in one form or another on public infrastructure paid for in taxes, bummer huh?

But your sick of paying ALL THOSE DAM TAXES so this seems like a good option for you, no?

Remember in this phase you are consuming NOTHING that depends on taxes so no sneaky using city water or electricity when you are growing that food in your garden, no turning on lights at night, no heat when it gets cold and defiantly no more posting here on ATS.

bummer dood.

Alternate #3

QUIT YOUR CRYING

ya taxes are kinda lame, I do not LIKE paying them. But I realize how INCREDIBLY dependent our current world is on them to FUNCTION.

I swear when I hear people crying about having to pay taxes all I can picture is 12 year old, spoiled children who just assume EVERYTHING gets done by mommy and is therefore FREE!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Personally, I don't mind paying taxes. I understand that they are necessary for everything we need to do, Animal. I got it and I'm with you on that.

My problem is the amount of taxes we have to pay. Everything is taxed double, triple time and I don't quite think it's very fair.

That's my point about taxes. I hope I didn't come off as a spoiled child crying about something. I have been working since I was 15 years old contributing to our economy and am in no way "spoiled". I just wish it wasn't so hard to keep a dollar in my pocket every now and then.

Times are hard right now, you know?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I really think that if you itemize you should be able to deduct ALL sales taxes incurred during the year. That would entail a lot of verification and paperwork though.

A more constitutional approach would be to eliminate income tax and go to sales tax only. Property taxes and capital gains taxes could still exist under this scheme, but would put the burden where it is most applicable. It would eliminate all types of tax shelters as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crsb123

Oh you dont want to pay taxes? Thats fine an dandy, we can change that but dont go complainin' to your local congressman about them pot holes popping up everywhere, or that bridge that collapsed.... wait I know how to solve that, get folks to pay week sums to maintain those, oh wait would that be taxes then

But thats not what you were talkin bout? You folks think you dont need to pay income taxes right?? Well thats all fine and dandy, cut spending on the military and double the cost of that plasma TV yall always wanted, then you wont have to pay any taxes on your income.

top topics

join