It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is saying that the anarchist protests are staged.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

And things do happen without them being staged. The problem I see here is that we're arguing if they're all cops/agents provocateuring, when we should be wondering why there are any cops/agent provocateuring!!!

It's like one or two of them is acceptable or something.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Not at all. The OP says that Alex Jones claims the protests are 'staged'. That is different from police agitators amongst the protestors, this implies that the whole protest is orchestrated by 'them'.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
I wouldn't be surprised. No wonder Anarchists always get a bad rap.

True Anarchists are not the ones going around throwing molotov cocktails in business windows.

I am sorry but I think they are perfectly capable of doing such things, thus the word anarchy

www.merriam-webster.com...

Oh I give up.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's called provocateuring, and yes they really do things like that to demonize protesters in general. Hell's waiting boys!

Peace

They do?

I never thought about it, where can I find this information?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

As if a dictionary created by capitalists wanting to make money off of your words would be able to define a movement with so many ideas and so many different people in it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hmmm, while I don't hate the guy, Alex Jones, in his way, is not the person I want representing me on issues.

He's bombastic, rude, and blows a lot of hot air, in my opinion, to detract from issues, and causes people just to look at him, and question his motives.

He defeats his own purpose in a lot of ways. Makes himslef out to look like a nutter, thus detracting from issues.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
I have an interest in this topic - but do you have sources for me to read so that I can contribute in an educated fashion rather then just spouting my opinion?

Since no one seems to be linking it, here is the Infowars article that I believe the OP is talking about:

Agent Provocateur Riots Commence in London at G20

An excerpt that I particularly agree with:

On Twitter, Snufkin21 says Stop the War protesters booed the media present “for hyping up the G20 violence”. The huge media presence has been criticized by a number of people on Twitter who believe it’s encouraged extreme elements to “play to the gallery”.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That's a typical media pattern that we see with lots of stories.

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
As if a dictionary created by capitalists wanting to make money off of your words would be able to define a movement with so many ideas and so many different people in it.

To be fair, that's a pattern that seen with just about every dictionary definition of a philosophy or social movement, not just anarchism. Complex ideologies, especially those evolving and active in the news and world events, cannot be easily summarized with 'definitions'.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Hmmm, while I don't hate the guy, Alex Jones, in his way, is not the person I want representing me on issues.

He's bombastic, rude, and blows a lot of hot air, in my opinion, to detract from issues, and causes people just to look at him, and question his motives.

He defeats his own purpose in a lot of ways. Makes himslef out to look like a nutter, thus detracting from issues.

AJ doesn't want to represent anybody. You have the right to listen or not, but when the validity of the message becomes contingent upon the superficialities of the messenger, you only hurt yourself.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

LOL OH dear god

Medieval Latin anarchia, from Greek, from anarchos having no ruler,

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have never even listened to AJ.

Guess i have to now.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Its Latin/Greek meanings have little to do with how modern day anarchists see themselves and behave.

Actions, not definitions.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

AJ doesn't want to represent anybody. You have the right to listen or not, but when the validity of the message becomes contingent upon the superficialities of the messenger, you only hurt yourself.

Peace

Well, I'm not quite sure how to reply, here.

Obviously, he is representing himself, hoping to draw people in, with the videos he makes.

If they guy didn't want to attract people to his cause, thus having him represent them, he wouldn't go to the expense. He is somewhat of a leader for his causes, whether or not you believe so. He's made a name for himself, thus somebody some people look up to.

I will still take a peek at what he has to say, for sure. His extreme paranoia alone makes him entertainment worthy, even thought he tends to give me a headache!

I do appreciate your pointing out, that I should not look to his paranoia, and behavior to discredit what he says, but, he is a bit overly sensational.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I do appreciate your pointing out, that I should not look to his paranoia, and behavior to discredit what he says, but, he is a bit overly sensational.

Messeges by shy shrinking violets seldom get heard.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Since no one seems to be linking it, here is the Infowars article that I believe the OP is talking about:

Thanks Ian.

When I think protesters, I think of the Vietnam protests (which I wasn't present for) by the Hippies, the Bob Dylan song-writers, the Woodstock performers, and the bell-bottom wearers.

Violence doesn't solve anything - but I suppose if you are looking for a way to discredit those, it wouldn't surprise me that there would be "planted protesters" to give the rest of them a bad name...

- Carrot

[edit on 4/1/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
confava.com...

Obama managed to offend thousands of people at the G20 Summit by attempting a joke that didn't go over well. Thousands of protesters have been detained and Obama himself was physically attacked.

The riots broke out after Obama made a comment during his speech about the Queen and tried to give her an iPod, but no one seemed to laugh. While some people in the room were genuinely offended, others took advantage of the mood to jump on Obama in the name of the Queen.

Once hands were laid on Obama, others began defending the president, and the roughly 40,000 protesters outside of the G20 Summit began getting violent. Troops were called in to calm the crowd and were forced to zip-tie thousands of protesters. Tanks eventually hit the streets, but it didn't phase protesters who weren't planning on moving any time soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Is that story for real?

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Messeges by shy shrinking violets seldom get heard.

Well, that is true, but I do think over doing it, can also have harmful effects.

While I'm not discounting the guy, and do watch his videos, I have still not made up my mind whether or not he's completely insane or not.

So, yes, I have watched the non shrinking violet he is, and just don't know about him.

I'm sure he could care less what I think of him, I'm one of his viewers, so hence, I can only be honest with my opinion of him. That is what he projects to me.........so............?????

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

You do know that is an April fools joke

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/4/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Yeah I figured that out. You can always remove it if you like.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join