It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

City workers taunt G20 protesters

page: 4
15
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

That's a load of poppycock.

You've got food. You can still live somewhere. You can even find free food if you need it. You probably have a TV and a washer and dryer.


Pardon me for having to be the one to tell you, but this isnt all about "you." Or me. The protests arent all about this latest stock market collapse and if you think they are you need to seek out some edumacation on the issue.

People have been protesting these sorts of meetings for decades. The underlying issue is "what should be the human price for profit?" And many are protesting not their own abuse but the abuses of humans worldwide.

Not everyone takes the selfish and shortsighted view that "as long as I have food, screw everyone else." You are entitled to hold it, but not everyone agrees that wealth for a few should cost millions their health, their nations resources, and their dignity.

Someone who would willingly trade their dignity for an iPhone would not understand this, and therefore, I dont expect you to agree.


Originally posted by Aeons
You need to find out what abuse really looks like. What being Poor because someone took from you is like.


Respectfully, you dont know a damn thing about me or my upbringing.




posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan
 


Sorry how would smashing Starbucks windows for 'advertising/taunting' protesters, be considered doing the NWO's dirty work?

Not that I condone it, just asking.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I hate to be one to advocate anything destructive, but the way I see it, this is necessary.

People all across the planet have been placed firmly under the thumb of the bankers. And the idiots in the worlds' Governments have ALLOWED this to happen.
As Hannan said recently - "when did we start allowing bankers to write policy? They aren't capitalists, they are monopolists... corporatists."

And this is precisely correct. Bankers will grab any asset they can.
They should not have a voice in society's policies, yet these foolhearted Leaders have allowed that to happen...

As I said, sometimes you reap what you sow. The French Revolution took this exact path.
"Those who do not learn from History's mistakes are bound to repeat them."

I hope that the good British folk send a message to the leaders that business as usual is no longer acceptable. If they do, others will follow.

And then we'll see this madness stop.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Aeons

That's a load of poppycock.

You've got food. You can still live somewhere. You can even find free food if you need it. You probably have a TV and a washer and dryer.


Pardon me for having to be the one to tell you, but this isnt all about "you." Or me. The protests arent all about this latest stock market collapse and if you think they are you need to seek out some edumacation on the issue.

People have been protesting these sorts of meetings for decades. The underlying issue is "what should be the human price for profit?" And many are protesting not their own abuse but the abuses of humans worldwide.

Not everyone takes the selfish and shortsighted view that "as long as I have food, screw everyone else." You are entitled to hold it, but not everyone agrees that wealth for a few should cost millions their health, their nations resources, and their dignity.

Someone who would willingly trade their dignity for an iPhone would not understand this, and therefore, I dont expect you to agree.


Originally posted by Aeons
You need to find out what abuse really looks like. What being Poor because someone took from you is like.


Respectfully, you dont know a damn thing about me or my upbringing.



Well said! *'d for that one.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan


Exactly. Who do you think can afford to take time off work to protest?



Maybe people who have LOST their jobs and have no chance of gaining another due to pro-discrimination for unlawful immigrants?

Just one example off the top of my head,thanks for asking.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
... no-one elected Gordon Brown into the position he's in right now... Or has everyone forgotten there was never an official election?


There has NEVER been an election for a PM. The PM is simply the leader of the party which has the most representatives in parliament.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Right now i am so proud of our brothers and fellow average people of england. They are doing right now what we all should be doing here! And whats up with the brainwashed police? They hold back the citizens of the country and protect the very evil that threatens this world. I hope to god they can get inside that bank....

My heart goes out to the protesters in hope they can defeat this evil.

I only wish i was there to help.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
UPDATE: Police line charges protestors tonight in London

:O my mate is calling me now saying that people are getting angry no one can leave still ,the police marched 20-30 ppl away and still around 3,500 at the Bank of England all waiting to go home for the next protests tomorrow.


He told me that a line of riot officers advanced whacking protestors and tearing down the makeshift barricades they made. atm it's according to him "tense as f**k"



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan
 


I know there's no specific election for a PM per sae... But there was never an official thingy-mah-bob which bought Brown into power is essentially what I meant.

He took over as Blair's successor before all the voting at the time came about.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by Essan


Exactly. Who do you think can afford to take time off work to protest?



Maybe people who have LOST their jobs and have no chance of gaining another due to pro-discrimination for unlawful immigrants?



About 7 or 8 people then?


Sorry but you lot have fallen for the scam and can't see the bigger picture. I bet you can't find a single protestor who has less money than I do. But I run my own business - I don;t smash other's people's businesses because I think everyone should have the same money. Or because I thing I'm God and know better than anyone else. Nor do I do the dirty work of the NWO.

We will persevere. Whatver you lot try. We will not give in. Ever. We are British.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N
 


I mean leave a written copy so they'd get the point that they're being jerks.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth
 


Those 20-30 were the provacateurs. I saw that on Sky just a bit ago, thought about linking it here.
Is there any doubt? The provacateurs did their jobs and were led away.

Get ready because now it will become no holds barred.

(Damn sucks that I can't go as far as I'd like with my remarks.)



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
About 7 or 8 people then?


Sorry but you lot have fallen for the scam and can't see the bigger picture. I bet you can't find a single protestor who has less money than I do. But I run my own business - I don;t smash other's people's businesses because I think everyone should have the same money. Or because I thing I'm God and know better than anyone else. Nor do I do the dirty work of the NWO.

We will persevere. Whatver you lot try. We will not give in. Ever. We are British.


I too, am British... And I can personally name 23 people I know PERSONALLY, who've lost their jobs due to this bullsh*t. I can name at least 2 right now, who've not got jobs and probably have A LOT LESS Money, than you do.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes, I think that you people who believe in the Agrarian Utopia and other such nonsense don't really give a carp about anyone but yourself. IPhone or not.

No, I don't believe that everyone who makes more than 50,000 more than I is out to get me. No, I don't think that every world leader is an evil person out to destroy humankind.

You feel free to think that everyone who disagrees with you deserves to have thier businesses burned down, and their lives threatened. I'm sure you do it out of a sense of entitlement, you just misname it as being on my behalf to protect all of the rest of us. Right.


Regardless of your Pol Pot type fantasies, organizational stability and plans about how humanity and global bureaucracies work is a natural point of conclusion of anyone who is sane. Working to make things work isn't a great horror.

Understanding that most people aren't out to get you, and have good reasons for why they are pursuing their agenda is the first step in making changes. Not the last. No number of effigies and setting fires to banks is going to make your plans (such as they are) come to fruition.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

Originally posted by Essan
About 7 or 8 people then?


Sorry but you lot have fallen for the scam and can't see the bigger picture. I bet you can't find a single protestor who has less money than I do. But I run my own business - I don;t smash other's people's businesses because I think everyone should have the same money. Or because I thing I'm God and know better than anyone else. Nor do I do the dirty work of the NWO.

We will persevere. Whatver you lot try. We will not give in. Ever. We are British.


I too, am British... And I can personally name 23 people I know PERSONALLY, who've lost their jobs due to this bullsh*t. I can name at least 2 right now, who've not got jobs and probably have A LOT LESS Money, than you do.


Then they can go back to school and retrain.
That's what living in a country that isn't run stupidly gives you.
Choices.
Even if you don't want to have to make them.



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 


Just like to say. I don't believe that everyone who is in the banking sector or the areas where the more elite/powerful go, are out to get me.

As I've said numerous times there are MANY people who work in these sectors who have NO CLUE what they're actually helping to work towards or against and not EVERYBODY should be held accountable.

I also do not believe in incitement/violence/aggression of ANY kind from EITHER SIDE. - A lot of the protesters are unintelligent or ignorant to the fact they're doing MORE damage to the UK both financially and infrastructurally as well as other things; than they are good.

But it also doesn't change the fact that just because some of us are paranoid; it does NOT mean they aren't out to get us



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by longstalker

My heart goes out to the protesters in hope they can defeat this evil.

I only wish i was there to help.


My heart goes out to the police in the hope they can defeat this evil

I only wish I was there to help

......



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Then they can go back to school and retrain.
That's what living in a country that isn't run stupidly gives you.
Choices.
Even if you don't want to have to make them.


This country isn't run 'stupidly'?

Give me a break....


ETA: It's also not about not having the skills to get other jobs, each person I know personally... Has a multitude of talents and had this situation not be happening would have been able to find another job EASILY - Probably wouldn't be out of their current job to begin with.

When did people losing their jobs and not having one turn into anything about skill rather than the issues of our current climate?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

About 7 or 8 people then?
Sorry but you lot have fallen for the scam and can't see the bigger picture.


I 'saw the bigger picture' long enough ago and got OUT of the capitalist scene.
I too,run my own business,am pretty skint,seem to get by anyway by hard work.

But there is no scam
Cost of living rises,wages drop,people are being replaced by immigrants who work for less.

Check out some numbers some time...

Check out the planned raise in costs and tax again come April
Check out the figures of people losing their homes...new claims for benefits..applications for local authority housing..repossessions of goods..credit defaults..

Glad you're doing ok though.


[edit on 1-4-2009 by AGENT_T]



posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N
 


Don't give him the satisfaction of baiting you.



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join