It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted Over East Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just found the following via a google search:

UFO Spotted Over East Coast
Firefox News - ‎3 hours ago‎

The story can be found at these links:

Worldview Blog

News

Here is part of the story:

It's too soon to be an April Fool's Day prank, but the U.S. Air Force said that a series of flashing lights and booming sounds sighted and heard over Virginia recently must be a UFO.

On Sunday night, March 29th, witness described seeing odd lights, booming noises and in some instances a fireball in the sky over the Richmond area.

Initially, the disturbance was explained as part of a Russian rocket breaking up on reentry.

Geoff Chester, public relations officer with the US Naval Observatory said that the disturbance was consistent with the expected path of the booster rocket from the Soyuz spacecraft, which launched Thursday on a mission to the international space station.

I just found this additional report:

Upset about that fireball? Blame the Russians, not the Klingons

UPDATET
The air force is disputing the Russian rocket story, saying it was a meteor

Here is the link: Update

[edit on 31-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The descriptions I've heard seem to describe a meteorite of some sort. Lame, nothing cool every happens here

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The official explanation claims that it was part of a exploding Russian rocket.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I heard a distant boom on Sunday night and am not at all close to Richmond (100 miles away or so). I made a mental note of it to see if it would turn up in the news.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It seems we have conflicting reports:

1. Rocket from Russian Spacecraft

2. A Metorite

So, which is it?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, as the original report stated that whatever it was, it was NOT a meterological phenomena, it somewhat seems very unlikely it would have been a meteorit. Anyway, this is the Rocket-explanation: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
actually it was falling pieces of the collided satellites and was seen by observers,
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just found a video of the news report done about this. I posted it at the Worldview

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Don't count on official sources for answers to ANYTHING. They will literally say anything to make people shut-up, so they can get back to business.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Just trying to provide as much information as I can find.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A boom in the sky, and no one says HAARP?

That popularity has waned.

After all the signals do heat up the atmosphere in patches
and when they collapse from cooling there has to be a noise.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Theres even less evidence for HAARP than there is for UFO's, why would they be testing it near where people could hear/see it. This seemed like a very solid object flying thru the sky so it pretty much rules out atmospheric distortions.

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
A boom in the sky, and no one says HAARP?

That popularity has waned.

After all the signals do heat up the atmosphere in patches
and when they collapse from cooling there has to be a noise.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Well, as the original report stated that whatever it was, it was NOT a meterological phenomena, it somewhat seems very unlikely it would have been a meteorit.

Just to clarify, meteorology is the study of weather and does not include the study of meteors/meteorites.

What the report is saying is that it was not a weather phenomenon, ie it could be a meteor, and I believe that it was in this case: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I witnessed the event in Va. Beach and I can tell you that most of us here would love to hear something official in regards to what happened. There is footage of the event on wavy.com and youtube for anyone who wants to see
it. Also, Hampton Roads is the largest military installation in the world. We have it all, army, navy, air force, marines, Nasa and because of that
we have more than most of homeland security and it baffles me that no
official statements have been made in regards to what most of us felt was a major event. It is the standard silent treatment, business as usual. If Nasa and the military thought it was a harmless meteorite they would have stated it with proof but the standard statements won't work. It wasn't a weather balloon, swamp gas, or your little old run of the mill meteorite.
This was a huge blue white sphere that flashed three times several seconds apart before leaving a boom that could be heard in the next state. The flashes were seen in four states.
My concern is that we sit on alot of ordinance here, nuclear and otherwise. There were jets all over the place afterward, why for a meteorite or space junk? I saw a huge blue white sphere that was traveling horizontally and there is video on wavy.com to prove this. I guess my question is if it isn't space junk, a meteorite (which by the way no professional astronomer has said it was) or a ufo, what was it? And another question I have is why with all the military bases and their security cameras don't they have any footage or photos of this?

top topics

join