It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia Info

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Couldn't agree more with your entire post. That is the way it is around here too. There is no harm in a bunch of ex-mils hanging out, having some beer, fishing, hunting, etc. Right?

I'd say that "militias", if they are formed at some point, would recruit heavily where the original Patriots recruited: Taverns. Almost every bar I have been in recently has a loud guy commenting unfavorably at the CNN or FOX or whatever news is on the TV.

I'm of the opinion that it's a very dangerous time in this country, and it might be a swell idea to not be TOO vocal at this time. You don't want to show your cards before the hand's been played out...

There is a definitely a LOT of phishing going on here though. I'll bet half the "alphabets" don't even know what agencies are operating where. Gotta love compartmentalization! That said, take care what you post.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The crazy loons thinking for one second that the government was going to kick in our front doors and abduc.......................................................

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Aye.

Birds of a feather flock together, and all that.

Some interesting observations here.

At times, it doesn't pay to advertise. Much better to be the surprisor than the surprisee, much like it's far better to be the ****-or (screw-or) than the ****-ee (screw-ee.)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't think you're going to find any serious militia operating a website, a bulletin board, or an email group. I'm not slamming them; in fact, a serious militia group that is well-organized, well-armed, well-fortified and well-prepared to do battle with federal agents has all of my admiration and respect.

But part of being an effective and well-organized militia is staying off the grid and below the radar. Because, let's face it, if the government thinks you're a serious militia group, the government will kill you. And that's why there are militia groups in the first place, because we've allowed the central government to expand beyond the powers accorded it in the U.S. Constitution, and it has become so sinister and corrupt that nobody can defeat it by nonviolent means.

No, I'm not advocating violence, I'm just explaining how deadly serious is the situation with militia groups and the central government. It follows that serious militia groups are not going to sit about and discuss methods of bringing down the government in public forums across the Internet. That would be ridiculous.

I would think that if you do find someone online who's willing to talk publicly about militia locations, motivations, intents and methods, you're probably talking to a government operative who is about to sting you for being a naive buffoon. Take care, Pierre!

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

I was thinking the same thing about a week ago. All these newbies and some pretty radical questions.

Makes you wonder how many are fed and they're trying to get us to show them something so they have a reason to shut us down or worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
that could be the anthem for survivalists

" its the Self pres- ervation socie -ety"

It would be an improvement on

" its the end of the wurld as we know it "

BTW I always thought the Merkins had Militias to keep us Brits at bay, So Shirley they dont need them now ???. Anyhow their plan failed badly because the l;ast time the US military and Militias clashed with the Brits they lost big time.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Northern Raider]

So the tally is even. We're allies now and lets let history die peacefully.

And Nirgal, did you remember the amonium nitrate?

If not then i got it

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

BTW I always thought the Merkins had Militias to keep us Brits at bay, So Shirley they dont need them now ???. Anyhow their plan failed badly because the l;ast time the US military and Militias clashed with the Brits they lost big time.

No, the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution says that a well-regulated Militia is necessary to maintaining a free state, which is why American citizens cannot be denied the right to keep and bear firearms. This wasn't an allusion to the public fending off foreign invaders; rather, based on the colonial experience during the RW, this amendment was included to give The People the power to bring down an oppressive central government, by force of arms if necessary.

Now, if we had to deal with an invasion by Britain again, we'd probably deploy one or two Texas State Troopers to handle the job: One to fight the Brits, and the other to handle the crowds of cheering spectators.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I don't think you're going to find any serious militia operating a website, a bulletin board, or an email group. I'm not slamming them; in fact, a serious militia group that is well-organized, well-armed, well-fortified and well-prepared to do battle with federal agents has all of my admiration and respect.

I don't know on a first hand basis, but I hear the Michigan militia is pretty serious, and as I understand it, well known as far as militias go. They have a website, are quite open about their existence, and even put out a 'girls of the militia' calendar.

But part of being an effective and well-organized militia is staying off the grid and below the radar. Because, let's face it, if the government thinks you're a serious militia group, the government will kill you.

Where did you get this idea from? From before the revolution, militias were not secret or covert organizations. Have you heard or seen any news reports of the government coming down and killing a militia group? If so please share, as I have never seen such a thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
By strict definition, the militia is every able-bodied, adult.

Therefore, we are militia.

The problem with many "named" militia is that they are a bit over the top, and are usually skewered toward one bias or another.

You already are the militia. I am. We all are.

We should all be concerned about those who would violate or suspend the Constitution.

Then we cowboy up.

Kind of like survivalist militia if you want to use the term loosely.

Here in the UK I consider a militia something along the lines of the Territorial Army gone indie or something.
Ever since Michael Ryan did H$ngerford in any notion of militias in the UK has been near-impossible.

In SITX TEOTWAWKI bands of survivalist grouping together would be more like free-lance warriors/travellers and watchers more than a fighting unit.
Kind of like a scout I guess?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by WatchRider]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Sort of. I live in the southern US, and here in my small town, we believe strongly in God, Guns, and Country.

In my little neighborhood, though we aren't all social animals with each other, a number are well armed if need be, several are former military, and to be honest, some of these boys are as rough as a cob.

And that's how the thing would go down if called for. Locals gather, groups of locals gather, companies of groups gather, and so on.

There was a joke made recently about Southerners. In the event we ever needed to supplement our military, southerners would not only show up, but could bring their own military weapons, just like the US Army has.

The last time the government in Washington decided to force the Southerners to abandon their ideas on state's rights, it took a ton of them to do so, and years.

The numbers aren't the same, and now, many citizens of New Hampshire, Maine, Michigan, Ohio, and a couple score of other states have more in common with the Southerners than with the government in Washington.

It won't fly the second time.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

I've got some good replies here. I'm basically not interested in forming a militia for quite a few reasons and I don't think the country is in dire straights yet, we're not in the middle of Sitx or a SHTF situation. How effective are militias, at least at this point?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
reply to post by Anuubis

I've got some good replies here. I'm basically not interested in forming a militia for quite a few reasons and I don't think the country is in dire straights yet, we're not in the middle of Sitx or a SHTF situation. How effective are militias, at least at this point?

Historically not very good in either the US or UK.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

No, the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution says that a well-regulated Militia is necessary to maintaining a free state, which is why American citizens cannot be denied the right to keep and bear firearms.
— Doc Velocity

Didnt do a very good job against GW Bush the Homeland SS or the Patriot act did they ?, In fact going back as far as Ruby Ridge it is clear the right to bear arms got nowhere, same in TX at Waco, an extremist government simply brushed aside those rights. Texans !!! they can even stop a few Mexican wetbacks , Whats that Americanism from Oklahoma " Steers and Queers "
Only joking

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Head on over to awrm.org

It has the national militia standards as well as federal and state laws defining the legality of calling up the militia. The militia is legally, federally mandated.

Whether an organized unit, small cell or lone wolf operator there is good info there.

Lots of retired and active duty .mil over there on the forums who offer up their real world experience.

Keep those MBR's running smooth...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
the only group I am aware is The Fraternal Order of Flatulence. You must be first sworn in as a Most Odoriferous Fellow. They are hard to find, they just kind of sneak up on you. Chances are you know one.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
the only group I am aware is The Fraternal Order of Flatulence. You must be first sworn in as a Most Odoriferous Fellow. They are hard to find, they just kind of sneak up on you. Chances are you know one.

I hear their motto is "silens tamen mortifer" (silent but deadly)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Ahh, you must be familiar with the odor, I mean order. I hear their parties are a real gas.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

[edit on 1-4-2009 by reluctantpawn]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Where did you get this idea from? From before the revolution, militias were not secret or covert organizations. Have you heard or seen any news reports of the government coming down and killing a militia group? If so please share, as I have never seen such a thing.

The original colonial militias existed, again, to protect the local populace against threats beyond the British government's capability to protect them. With the advent of rebellion in the colonies, the local militias were thrust into the unenviable position of defending the local populace against the British government itself (at Lexington & Concord, for a prime example) — this was the trigger of the Revolutionary War.

While American historians have traditionally celebrated the courage of the colonial militias, our modern central government has characterized militias as nothing less than domestic terrorists; and for the last 20 or so years the government has engaged in activities to infiltrate, entrap and persecute militias and their members.

The most outstanding example of this can be found in the sequence of events leading up to the standoff at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, where federal agents attempted to raid the home of a militia member, Randy Weaver, and succeeded in killing his dog, his 13-year-old son and his unarmed wife. A federal agent was also killed in this siege. Weaver sued the federal government for this outrageous action, and the evidence proved that the government was responsible for the wrongful deaths of Weaver's wife and son.

In any other case, we'd call this murder; however, in this case, the government paid Weaver $5 million in "damages."

This is all documented fact. That's where I get my ideas.

What this case proved, more than anything else, was that the central government was not above engaging in covert activities to infiltrate militias, entrap their members, and even deploy armed agents authorized to kill militia members and their families. This demonstrates an extraordinary and unacceptable expansion of government power over the people.

For any modern militia dedicated to exercising their Constitutional rights — securing a free state by force of arms when necessary — it is a deadly dangerous time for them to publicize their opposition to our increasingly oppressive central government. They already know what the government can and will do to stop them.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/1/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
reply to post by Anuubis

At this point they are only good for getting yourself in trouble with the fed. With Obomber trying to socialize our country, sitX is closer than you think

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

After the gift he gave to his monarch *oops!* perhaps he should be "iBombed"?

Maybe it was an iChange?

Yes iCan?

Okay, i'll shut up now...

<< 1    3 >>

join