It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia Info

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Searching the web, I'm finding vague info at best or more mainstream sites such as minutemanproject.org, but mainly news articles that don't really relay much info.

Searched here but not a lot of solid info either. My search wasn't exhaustive though, I might have missed something.

Having said that here's what this thread is about. As are most of my threads, this is just a sounding board and information dump. Although all posts are welcome.

How do you form a militia? Or a better question--How have men formed succesful militias in the past?

Is there a master list or a good milita site?

What good is a milita? If the SHTF won't militias be the easiest targets-both to find and to eradicate radicals without causing a huge public outcry?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ya know. I am probably not going to be much help to you. I never really gave much thought to this subject. I always considered myself to be sort of a lone wolf, This is interesting, however. Maybe help could be found in early U.S. history. Surely these early freedom fighters in the late 1700's have left some sort of material that might be found. I don't know. Never looked for it. Anyway, I look forward to seeing if any other posters have information on this subject, or ideas, etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
if you were in the new mexico region i'd say hell, lets start our own militia. i'll be training for the NM national guard this summer, infantry and recon jobs might prove to be useful later. as far as arming your militia, well, to be a "legal" militia each "militaman" would have to have to own a federal firearms lisence, which would draw attention to you anyway. i say knuckle up regardless

look into the montana freemen, or montana patriots. they were the real deal, but the FBI annihilated them soon after 9/11 or shortly before. so yeah, you could say militias are prime targets for federal assults.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
(doublepost)

[edit on 31-3-2009 by iTruth]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It really would depend on your location!
Many of the States have their own militias, and alot of them are NOT sanctioned by the state governments...which is pretty cool i'm my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

You won't find much info here in the survival forum for a reason. For one we are survivalist's, not militia. For two trying to form militia's or even talking about it is a trigger to the government. They tend to pay attention to people who discuss this particular subject.

Now if you want to form a survival group that gets together to practice and to hook up after TSHTF, that's a different story. As long as you don't display any radical anti-government ideals.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
reply to post by amazing

You won't find much info here in the survival forum for a reason. For one we are survivalist's, not militia. For two trying to form militia's or even talking about it is a trigger to the government. They tend to pay attention to people who discuss this particular subject.

Now if you want to form a survival group that gets together to practice and to hook up after TSHTF, that's a different story. As long as you don't display any radical anti-government ideals.

Well said the link between militia and survivalists is tenous at best, most militias caused huge problems for survivalists with their extreme views, which supremacy, anti government standpoint etc. Its because of arses like the Posse Commitatus that decent guys like Randy Weaver got hammered. Most militiamen seem to focus entirely on running around with guns, where as survivalists just see guns are tools just like a drill or shovel. Survivalists are not against anything except complacency.
NR

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty paranoid, so with that disclaimer don't you find it interesting that we're starting to see quite a lot of these types of posts lately? Members with low post counts creating threads and then similar "strangers" joining in. This is usually followed by non-posts by the more regular posters, then curiously, silence.

No? Okay, I'll take valium.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
reply to post by amazing

Correct.

I'd suggest that you find two or three like minded folks...a cell if you will, and go from there.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

I agree...we are NOTHING to do with cells, resistance units, or the like, more 'the self-preservation society'

...now, here's the plan, we load the minis with the gear..

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by Nirgal

I agree...we are NOTHING to do with cells, resistance units, or the like, more 'the self-preservation society'

When do we get to blow the bloody doors off?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jmurman
I'd suggest that you find two or three like minded folks...a cell if you will, and go from there.

Just as long as wherever it you go, it's a hell of a long way from me

[edit on 31-3-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by Nirgal

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off !!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
that could be the anthem for survivalists

" its the Self pres- ervation socie -ety"

It would be an improvement on

" its the end of the wurld as we know it "

BTW I always thought the Merkins had Militias to keep us Brits at bay, So Shirley they dont need them now ???. Anyhow their plan failed badly because the l;ast time the US military and Militias clashed with the Brits they lost big time.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty paranoid, so with that disclaimer don't you find it interesting that we're starting to see quite a lot of these types of posts lately? Members with low post counts creating threads and then similar "strangers" joining in. This is usually followed by non-posts by the more regular posters, then curiously, silence.

No? Okay, I'll take valium.

You are not the only one who has noticed it. but its not just here in the ATS self-preservation society forum its all over ATS and several other forum sites I frequent. Hay you got an extra Valium

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Real militias don't publicize themselves, don't set up websites, and don't make it easy to gather information on them.

Any websites, newsletters, and jerk-offs who run around in the woods wearing their Walmart camo for TV news cameras are either wannabes or CIA disinfo units.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
By strict definition, the militia is every able-bodied, adult.

Therefore, we are militia.

The problem with many "named" militia is that they are a bit over the top, and are usually skewered toward one bias or another.

You already are the militia. I am. We all are.

We should all be concerned about those who would violate or suspend the Constitution.

Then we cowboy up.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
For starters, I am not part of any organized militia.

That said. In my area there is an underground militia, mainly comprised of ex-military. They are extremely quiet, unaproachable on the subject to most people, and do not publicize their existance at all. Thats all Im going to say about them. One would guess this is common throughout the country, generally militias wouldnt come out with a web site asking Joe six pack to sign up. You need to be rather paranoid to start a militia, by definition a web site stating who you are and what you are doing runs counter to the idea of being paranoid.

I lived in Michigan years back, during the time that their militia was on the radar screen, then the OKC building exploded. Some say it was the work of an ex-Michigan militia man. If it was or wasnt isnt the point, the entire organization was under intense scrutiny from the feds and the public.

That type of attention does not appeal to me at all. I prefer to be left alone to my own devices. I work with a group of survivalists not to preform military movements, but to learn how to work together in the event the world we know does not exist any longer. Survive, not take over cities. Thats a survivalists goal.

Ill agree, this forum does seem to have a good pile of new people asking some questions that havent been posed in the past. I think a proper internet term would be phishing.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

...you're not going to be sick

reply to post by Northern Raider

...you're not 'avin yer migraine...

...and you're both sittin' in the back of the bloody mini!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Dear Mr CIA,Homeland Security, NSA,FBI,MI5/ 6/ 7, Special Branch, CID, etc please note we survivalists dont want to overthrow anyone, we are not against the democratically elected governments of our sovereign nations. We just want to be left alone to try and be good self sufficent , independant citizens going about our lawful business.
The chaps from the Conspiracy, NWO, anti UN, Alien abduction, Blaim the Jews/ Chinese/ Vanderbilts/ Osmonds factions who have a fetish about being spied upon, abducted and anally probed are on a different section.
Thanks for dropping by to check us out.
NR and his law abidding chums.

Psst its the NRA who are out to overthrow you, Homer told me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join