It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

160th Special Operations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I just have to say here, if you where never in the military then have some %*& respect for the OP. Have you ever had rifle rounds flying by your head? Have you ever been in hostile territory in a escalated combat situation? Have you ever watched your friends die? Then stfu.. thank you.

His experience in the military, or claim of being in the military, does not insulate him from questions, comments, or criticism. Being this is a public forum (and being America) we can scrutinize his claims, regardless of his service.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFC Reese
I did not start this thread to give out my civilian or military experiences or history. Frankly, that's none of your business, and I couldn't give a damn if you believe it or not. This was intended for other members of the 160th, past or present, to share their stories if they are willing. So if you haven't ate it, slept it, walked it, talked it, or # it, move on to another thread more suited to YOUR expertise.

My! My! What’s with your attitude dude? You seem not to have learnt the basics of courtesy and decency in your unit, what? Your reply is offensive and disgusting to say the least! Is this how they communicate in the 160th? Poor Show. And no one asked you to give out your so called military experiences or history. Save it. We don’t have time to listen to nonsense anyway.

An officer is a gentleman. That’s what’s taught at West Point. But you seem to be neither!

Darn! The types we have to put up with here.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Is this how they communicate in the 160th?

Wow, insulting his unit. You're really trying to get his feathers up, aren't you, Mike?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Criticize all you want but do not mock. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Uh, that officer and gentleman stuff is crap.

And in the more elite groups, yes, there is an attitude, and that attitude is a way of life. Helps you get past the rough spots.

There's a few things I would only discuss with others who shared those events, as there are things in certain special groups in the military, where one is required to do THINGS, required to put up with arbitrary parameters, endure some rather frustrating things that limit you, disgusting things you are required to do, and horrific and troubling things one sees.

We learned long ago that those who have not experienced those very same things can't begin to discuss them intelligently.

So we hold to our own. Because those outsiders don't even have a basic frame of reference to begin to comprehend the events.

It's not arrogance, more like self-preservation.

Sarge, you share what you can with who you can. Wish we could hear more, even if you can't be specific, but if you can't, some of us understand.

There's a lot of stuff I won't own up to nor discuss with anyone except others who have the same reference point.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by dooper]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Uh, that officer and gentleman stuff is crap.
And in the more elite groups, yes, there is an attitude, and that attitude is a way of life. Helps you get past the rough spots.

Save the moral lectures dooper. I've been in the elite Special Forces myself for the last 30 years and operated in all environments - from conventional to guerrilla warfare, from counter insurgency and LICO to counter terrorist and spec ops. So I don't need lectures on attitude and it being a way of life etc etc.

But I find that being an officer and a gentleman doesn't deter one from being aggressive and whacking the crap out of the enemy as and when required. It's all about a high standard of training and experience in actual combat situations. And a bad attitude doesn't help any!

Cheers!

[edit on 31-3-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
*ATTENTION*

Post on topic and in a civil manner or your post will be removed and you may be post banned.

Thank You

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The only thing I remember about the 160th is that my 2/5 came in and saved your butts... But that's just another thread now, isn't it?
Like many others, I'm having a hard time swallowing a vague, unsubstantianed pill from a person who can't simply identify his MOS.
Typical Army... evasive and ashamed he didn't join the Corps...

[edit on 31/3/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sarge, I apologize for some others.

After all, you specifically did ask for other members of your unit to talk to.

For that, you got your **** jumped into.

And then preached at.

And Sarge, you and I both know that officers in SF are just there to sign the paperwork, so don't let this discourage you from posting on other topics.

And we have to forgive our Marine friend for demonstrating his pride. Those Marines are great guys, and love to rib the Army! Marine blood, Army blood, it's all American, and it's all red!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sarge, I apologize for some others.

After all, you specifically did ask for other members of your unit to talk to.

For that, you got your **** jumped into.

And then preached at.

And Sarge, you and I both know that officers in SF are just there to sign the paperwork, so don't let this discourage you from posting on other topics.

And we have to forgive our Marine friend for demonstrating his pride. Those Marines are great guys, and love to rib the Army! Marine blood, Army blood, it's all American, and it's all red!

Yeah, I love you guys... hugs all around!

Seriously though sarge, what's with all the teasers? Kinda reminds me of some guy on here a while ago that talked the talk. Turned out he was noone.

If you're going to hang it out there on a forum, why not expound a bit.

Otherwise, just be that guy that sees me wearing a unit t shirt at the bar, buys me a beer, and sits next to me for the next 45 minutes telling me how he was a Marine sniper in 'Nam and has confirmed OSOK's at 2500 yards... Yeah. Super.

Just calling them how I sees 'em...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

Typical Army... evasive and ashamed he didn't join the Corps...

It's funny that a comment like this can still get my hackles up lol

Former 97B3O, I never got the call from the 160th but I never actively pursued it either, my unit had more than enough fun and excitement all on its own without looking for more.

I've ran across a couple 160th guys before but never really got into any " otherworldy" chats, just the usual operational chatter you get when sitting around having a drink. In my line, we kept our secrets close to our vest, to which i respect that from other units, if you tell me thats one thing, but im probably not going to offer up that information unless you are directly invloved and need to know, and even then, it would be only what you needed to know.

I've heard stories here and there from other operators about strange incidents but nothing that i could verify as being "truth" as i did not see it with my own eyes so its all conjecture. I have come across many areas that were off limits even to me, but i chalk that up to " i didnt need to know" so i wasnt told.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I just have to say here, if you where never in the military then have some %*& respect for the OP. Have you ever had rifle rounds flying by your head? Have you ever been in hostile territory in a escalated combat situation? Have you ever watched your friends die? Then stfu.. thank you.

Have you?

I have, and I have never been in the military. I would suggest that you read the T & C of this site and read the stated purpose for the existence of this site. Discussion, DISCUSSION is the purpose of this site. If you don't want a discussion then watch TV.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFC Reese
I did not start this thread to give out my civilian or military experiences or history. Frankly, that's none of your business, and I couldn't give a damn if you believe it or not. This was intended for other members of the 160th, past or present, to share their stories if they are willing. So if you haven't ate it, slept it, walked it, talked it, or[SNIP]it, move on to another thread more suited to YOUR expertise.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by elevatedone]

Why don't you go move to a site more suited to your needs. Go find some 160th reunion site or something so you can exchange all the past stories that you're not comfortable sharing and are none of our business yet you make a public post about

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You come here, you start a thread looking for people to share their stories while you won't share your own because your "not comfortable"?
The very least you could do is provide something to back up your claims, but instead you attack people who request you prove your claims?
What kind of special ops is uncomfortable with anything? Its the rules of the world. if you make a statement you be darn sure you can back it up. That goes anywhere and you well know that. Man up and walk the walk.

BTW guys.. this guy registered today just to make this post. Reese is the name of the guy John Connor sent back to help his mother in Terminator.

We may have a troll. I would love to be wrong about that.. but it smells like chicken!

[edit on 31-3-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It's not arrogance, more like self-preservation.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by dooper]

Self preservation?? Is that what you call it when people very respectfully ask questions about your post and you react like a cornered animal? Frankly I think being smart and obvservant enough to adapt to your environment and observe some degree of decorum is all the self-preservation you need around here. What a bunch of baloney.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by longfade

I wasn't speaking of "self-preservation" here on ATS. I speak in more general terms, commonly known as "polite company." To avoid being subjected to often unknowing judgment, it's sometimes best to keep certain things low key.

Now I don't know if the guy is for real or not.

He specifically asked about contacting others from his unit.

He never suggested he wanted to discuss anything in the open here.

I ran into a guy who said something that keyed me to the fact that he was a participant in the debacle commonly known as "Black Hawk Down," he didn't want to discuss it openly, dropped a couple key words, and we took if U2U.

Some people just don't want to discuss some things openly.

He clearly indicating he's an enlisted man, and then we have a guy who feels compelled to let everyone know he's "an officer and gentleman."

Like I'm impressed.

And what does West Point have to do with the subject matter? Nothing. Nothing but self-promoting puff.

Funny how the pseudo-elite work that junk into a post, even when uncalled for. And certainly not solicited.

Whatever.

I would venture that the "Sarge" won't return.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
My initial observations tell me it sounds like someone fishing for other's imput as he builds a story. But, I think a bit devious like that. I just see things like I see them.

Ah I see your point... start a thread like this and hope real members of the 160th will talk... then take their stories and pretend elsewhere.... Hmmmm and a few of us just gave him a bunch of cool links...

If it smells like chicken... it s most likely a duck

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Have you ever been in the situation that I, or nearly every other contributor to this forum, has been in at some point in their lives that also warrants some %*& respect ?

That of being a rational human.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be in Govt and military projects or somewhere else, somewhere like kiddies corner ?

The only alien or ufo content so far seems to be able to be summarised by "I once flew something and saw something that might be interesting but I'm not going to tell anyone about it".

ATS seems to be more and more PTS lately, Pre Teen #e

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
hmmmmmmmmm, I'm an old bleached blond of a Grandma and my crayon is dull but the OP did write he has seen stuff not of this Earth and this is posted in the Aliens and UFO section.

If he was simply looking for the 160th guys to talk to he could have done it in another way not the way he has done it here in this forum.

As I see it if someone wants to get something out and talk in secret they wouldn't use there personnel computer they would do it from another in hopes of not being caught.

Since I am who I am.... I probably know a he** of a lot more about UFO's and Aliens then just about anyone here and I stopped talking, kinda sorta

My mama always told me to use the sense I was born with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join