It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

160th Special Operations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I was just wondering if there were any other members of the 160th Special Ops that would like to relate their "other worldly" experiences. I was a member of the 160th for ten years and without going into specific details (due to security and personal reasons) I can state for a fact that I have seen things that could not possibly be from this planet. I am not comfortable talking about it to this date, but maybe someone else that was in this unit would like to share their stories. I am curious to see if our stories are similar.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SFC Reese

You were a Night Stalker?

It's going to be very hard getting people to share their experiences without sharing your own first. Could you give us a general idea of what happened?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What's up high-speed..?

Right down the road from you - 3/101st aviation from 93 - 96.

Well, got a buddy in there - u2u the name (maybe) and see what's what...

Funny story...

I caught wind of the night stalkers after signing up for SFAS...talked to a few berets that told me it was a tight outfit and the TDY pay was tops...

So, I meet with the 3/5 platoon sgt. (55Bravo here) and things go just fine...I'm already counting the days to being a night stalker and all the fun that goes with it...(yes, the job is serious and deadly, just tealin' how I felt about it then, right or wrong)

Well, the previous month I had to go to Air Assault school
and showed up drunk as hell...long story short - got AR 15 and 2 weeks extra duty...and it was my very own Sgt. Major that picked me up, ran me about 3 miles (yes, I puked a few times) and then smoked me in front of the WHOLE battalion...

In the end, 160th contacts my battalion to verify my MOS, ect. and guess who gets on the phone to represent..? Yes, the goddamn SM...

They denied the transfer...

But hey - Black Hawk Down happened about 6 months after that...maybe I got lucky...

Appreciate the post...take care.

content edit!

[edit on 3/30/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yup. I'm with Savior here. You can say anything you want on an Internet Forum without backing it up....but, good luck getting people to listen to you with an open ear.

Just sayin'

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Its been over 20 years since I was in the service and like I said, I'm really not comfortable talking about it...lets just say I have seen, more than once, flying craft that were definitely NOT man made, and have also seen the "pilots" that were flying them. Thats all I can say at this time.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hey man...

Don't take this wrong, but what was your MOS and where did you do basic?

Thanks...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Were these "Pilots" what we imagine as the typical top gun type, or something else? Also, can you elaborate just a little for us on the type of crafts you've seen?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFC Reese
Its been over 20 years since I was in the service and like I said, I'm really not comfortable talking about it...lets just say I have seen, more than once, flying craft that were definitely NOT man made, and have also seen the "pilots" that were flying them. Thats all I can say at this time.

Then why bring it up at all? I mean I can say that twenty years ago I was recruited by the CIA to fix planes at a private airstrip outside Kansas City so they could do runs between The States and Colombia. It doesn't make it true, nor interesting and there wouldn't be any reason to bring it up...UNLESS I was prepared to talk about it.

It's a forum, man. We talk about all sorts of stuff...anonymously, for the most part.

Let some out.
Cuhail

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhailbut, good luck getting people to listen to you with an open ear.
Just sayin'

I will listen with an open ear....

Besides there are always ways to check a good story... and I am willing to bet this story will be a lot better than the usual fare around here lately...

news.soc.mil...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I agree Zorgon, and good link by the way, but the OP made a point of dropping bombs like he did and then go on to say "That's all I'm going to say about that..." and then open ears won't matter anyway.

My initial observations tell me it sounds like someone fishing for other's imput as he builds a story. But, I think a bit devious like that. I just see things like I see them. I accuse not, nor is my mind -in any way- made up. I'd like to hear more of what Mr Night Stalker brought into, this- his thread.

Pipe up, Sergeant Reese,

Cuhail

PS EDIT: I have to say with a chuckle that the Conspiracy Theorist in me is kicking me in the ankle and yelling "He's looking for active service members of the outfit, posting on ATS all the 'secrets' they swore to keep secret!!!"
But I tend to mute that buzzing pretty well...but it's there.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Cuhail]

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You know i never thought of it before,But i have a family member that was in
the navy.He was in Seal Team 2,From around 62 to 92.
I have never thought about asking him about anything concerning UFO's.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Its been over 20 years since I was in the service and like I said, I'm really not comfortable talking about it...

If it has been over 20 years and you are still not comfortable with it, how do you expect others to be open and forthcoming?

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
If you are for real, contact ATS owners, get verification.

I agree with Sumner, though not exactly the sentiment behind it. I am not saying you are a crackpot or that there is reason at all to believe it. However as others have mentioned, anyone can claim anything in a forum. Why bring it up at all if you are not going to be open?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Its been over 20 years since I was in the service and like I said, I'm really not comfortable talking about it...

Then what's the agenda? You want to know if there are other 'MIBs' around on ATS? OK, so you get a couple. Then what? Start corresponding by U2Us? Why not send out a user generated mass U2U on ATS to find out if there are more of your ilk?

If that's not your aim, then why don't you come out with what you want to actually come out with? You said you were not comfortable talking about it. Then why start a thread in the first pace?

I don't understand as I'm pretty dumb!
And that's why I was in spec ops for 30 years!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I did not start this thread to give out my civilian or military experiences or history. Frankly, that's none of your business, and I couldn't give a damn if you believe it or not. This was intended for other members of the 160th, past or present, to share their stories if they are willing. So if you haven't ate it, slept it, walked it, talked it, or[SNIP]it, move on to another thread more suited to YOUR expertise.

MOD EDIT
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well this thread is not going anywhere good luck with it SFC Reese.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Here is a forum just for you, where you can discuss amongst those you may know since that is all you are looking for - those who have served with the 160th:

www.forum.militaryltd.com... Assuming this is the same unit (160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne)
)

You can contact these people www.specialoperations.com... and aske them for some specific forums.

Another place: www.socnet.com...

And Ranger forum: www.airborneranger.com...

I know a few special ops (not 160...um, one was 75th) that post on specific forums related to their MOS. Im sure you would know about them - but they are out there.

If you are not willing to share HERE, then I doubt anyone else will be willing to come out and share with you. Gotta give if your going to take. usually.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thank you for the info...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just have to say here, if you where never in the military then have some %*& respect for the OP. Have you ever had rifle rounds flying by your head? Have you ever been in hostile territory in a escalated combat situation? Have you ever watched your friends die? Then stfu.. thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I did not start this thread to give out my civilian or military experiences or history. Frankly, that's none of your business, and I couldn't give a damn if you believe it or not. This was intended for other members of the 160th, past or present, to share their stories if they are willing. So if you haven't ate it, slept it, walked it, talked it, or # it, move on to another thread more suited to YOUR expertise.

If you did not intend your comments or questions for public consumption, then your first mistake was posting them in a public forum.

When you made a claim, in a public forum, your made it our business insofar as this forum is concerned. And regardless of who you intended this thread for, it is in a public forum, therefore anyone and everyone has the ability and right to ask questions and offer criticism.

Now, I cannot speak for others, but I asked for general information. Could you give us a general idea of your experience? Or perhaps you could tell us why you think other Night Stalkers would be certain experiences, as opposed to other units? (suggested by the fact this was intended for other Night Stalkers, not for the military-at-large.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join