It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I discovered how to time travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I really don't want to share it, but I figure someone will discover anyway, so I will say how it is possible.

One can't move a human body and consciousness through time, at least not without great difficulty and risk, but one CAN move subatomic particles into the future, and if we can move them into the past, it is possible to have a two-way kiosk of information that can communicate between two different times.

How it works: a time machine is built in one year, let's say 2019. A series of subatomic particles are sent out, arranged in a code that a computer on the other side in say 2029 will translate.

People in 2029 read the message, and send back subatomic particles arranged in a reply message to 2019.

In theory, one could encode audio, video, and even smell into these particles and send them through time.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

2nd line

Mod Edit: A line of LOLs and "2nd line" is still a 1-liner.
One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I really don't want to share it, but I figure someone will discover anyway, so I will say how it is possible.

One can't move a human body and consciousness through time, at least not without great difficulty and risk, but one CAN move subatomic particles into the future, and if we can move them into the past, it is possible to have a two-way kiosk of information that can communicate between two different times.

How it works: a time machine is built in one year, let's say 2019. A series of subatomic particles are sent out, arranged in a code that a computer on the other side in say 2029 will translate.

People in 2029 read the message, and send back subatomic particles arranged in a reply message to 2019.

In theory, one could encode audio, video, and even smell into these particles and send them through time.

So...

I will say how it is possible.

Start with hope.

Sprinkle in a dash of risk and difficulty

Whisk in a small how it works blurb, ensuring that amateur pseudo-science and speculation is mixed well

Finish by topping off the prize with a light layer of impossible to prove speculation, and far-out 'theory'

And... VOILA. How to time travel, in just a few easy steps.

Take care on your time travels people, I hear 2029 is warm this time of year.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I to have discovered how to time travel.

What you do is you get in youre car and start driveing, where you have just been is the past, where youre going is the future, and where the car is now is the presant.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

close but its alot harder..

take one human turn him into a string of particals

take a black hole

send particals to event orzion of black hole somehow get them back

wala you just time traveld due to gravity

not bad aye

btw thats a fact not a joke LOL the joke is tryin to do it..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

close but its alot harder..

take one human turn him into a string of particals

take a black hole

send particals to event orzion of black hole somehow get them back

wala you just time traveld due to gravity

not bad aye

btw thats a fact not a joke LOL the joke is tryin to do it..

You make it quite obvious that you were writing your post while I was writing my post. Please save yourself time, effort, risk and difficulty by following my more straight forward breakdown on the proper method of time travel I mention above.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You did not discover this, Dr Ronald Mallet did and is well on his way to proving that theory:

-Kdial1

[edit on 30-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
According to Einstein, if one is suspended in a fixed location in space,.. not moving, you're still moving trough time at the speed of light, so in a sense we're all time traveling constantly. But alas, only forward.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
awww sorry dear king i am sorry

I just wanted to go into abit more detail as i like the idea of gravitationl distorstions and the effects it has on the speed of particals @ the event horzion that would make you go faster than the speed of light without the need to worry about the mass as its bending space and not adding the mass of the particals...

oh well back to ready quatom c for dummies lol

dont facy the "partical thing tho" sounds abit mmm iffy haha

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I used to try opening a portal back in time right in my home to send a voice message(audio only) in my room to warn myself not to fall in love with that girl XD

Of course, it failed(didn't hear any warning).

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

thats because time is the mesurment of the expansion of the universe

gotta love it aint chaaaaa

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Ironic part is thats possible

take communication satalite send it into space going greater than the speed of sound send the message back close to or at the speed of light

and you would get ur message in the future from the past

radio waves travel slower than light dont cha know ; )

all relitive if one applies abit o logic

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by ahnggk

radio waves travel slower than light dont cha know ; )

all relitive if one applies abit o logic

Basic Electrical theory, radio waves travel at the speed of light.

Link

Just thought I would let you know.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Okay, here's a simpler method and the science to prove it.
Same basic principles apply.

Assuming the quantum inseparability principle is true, any two particles once in contact will continue to share reactions to stimulus instantly over any distance. These reactions are instantaneous, faster than light. All we need to do to start this experiment is entangle just two particles in this way. Trap each particle in a different container. Then if you apply any energy to one of the particles, the other one will react in the same way. This creates a condition where we can have the particles in one of two states. Hence a binary coding system, or Morse code if you prefer.

Let's now assume the theory of relativity hold true. If you travel near the speed of light, time distortion takes effect. Let's say you travel at near light speed away from the earth for two years, then return to earth at the same speed. Four years of time will have elapsed from your perspective, however earth will have experienced a longer period of elapsed time, you will seem to have been gone for 8 years.

Follow me so far?

Now, put one of our quantum instantaneous communicators aboard the ship with you. Keep the other one at Mission Control. Now, on earth four years pass by, the apex of your trip. Mission Control sends a message. You receive this message at the apex of the journey, 2 years after you left earth (from your perspective on the ship). The message has then traveled backward in time by two years! You return to earth, you are now back to experiencing time the same as the rest of the planet.

Suddenly your communicator starts spitting out a message. It's from YOU two years in the future. It's a list of Lottery numbers for every week between now and when the message was sent.

Hope this all made sense to you. I'm fairly sure there has to be holes in my logic on this one, but no less than the OP, so I figured, why not. Thought experiments can be a lot of fun. If anyone can disprove this premise, please post back as I've been thinking about this one for awhile.

Hope kingdigitdigitdigitdigit replies, love to hear your thoughts on this one.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Missletow]

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Missletow]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What would be the point of time travel?

If you change the past, have you changed the present?

Change the past?
Go back and kill Hitler? How do you know a worse (its possible) tyrant takes charge and makes better battle plans? All the tech 'benefits' of the war, will be lost, from jet engines, rockets down to your golf ball. Not to mention your computer tech which would put your time machine in a paradox state.

So changing the past is a Pandora's box, best left closed, and anyone in the future would not change the past for similar reasons.

What about a world catastrophe like nuclear war?
You would be changing the past in order to protect the future, therefore creating another paradox. If you've changed the past, then there would be no reason for you to send the message back to have changed it

It's hard to think about this without a joint.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

"It's hard to think about this without a joint."

Drug talk is frowned open here.............s up.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
you didnt discover it, it is being worked on right now and it sounds like it would work build time machine and you can travel in time but only to the point the time machine is built because sending info back before that would go no where.

Anyway here it is

www.keepbusy.net...

Rap your head around it and Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
well infact it may seem it does when the wave length itself is not constant only the measurment of the paramters

laws of quatom P

do not apply when we consider the spilts in the specturm.. if one can ampifly de pamifly shown in the wave legntha and ampitute the correct would be. for each length of the wave would infact be a verasion of a quatom calculation

given the properites of the wavelenght

understand one thing light is a propent - made up of something witch can be mesrused calculated and used and abused

one day you will understand this i hope...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The ONLY true form of time travel.

Is the lack of sleep.

Thus you experience MORE time.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

*sigh*

Really Darko? You're gonna make me do this to you of all people?

Ok, you have discovered a THEORY of time travel, not an actual method, as I do not see a design for such a device or any math in relation to how such a thing would work.

Thread Title should be changed to:

"I THINK I KNOW HOW TO TIME TRAVEL"

That's all you've done. Although somewhat of a good idea if there was more depth to it, a calculation or two, but as it stands...

Were hard to impress

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join