It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is NOT precious...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Mr apeman (since I can't read your name there in the dark type)

It should be obvious why we should permanently eliminate the miscreants.
I don't want to pay to warehouse them, do you?

How about instead of exterminating these people ... you just put them to work .. maybe doing the jobs no one likes .. or something that benefits the whole country/community .. How about when we put these people in prison we make them pay for themselves .. and then some more ...

Not saying this would work .. just saying there are alternatives to mass slaughter of human beings.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You said

We as a species are in this together.

and then you said

THOSE people, should be gotten rid of. Or, without beating around the bush, killed.

I thought we were all in this together? Your talking about an us versus "them" scenario which never solvs a damn thing and is quite the contradiction toward your first statement.

You see, we all contribute to the poor population and we all contribute to the "leeches" of society. Its not "their" fault. We really are in this together.

But you must also ask yourself whether or not our society is actually benificial to mankind...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
our entire authority system is
up. People who go to jail are heavily fined so much so that steeling may become their only option to pay the extensive bills they are charged with. You can go to prison for one xanax at the age of 19 and lose all your freedom and they send you down into the pits. So now he cant go to college, he cant find a job and hes a registered felon while having 15,000 dollers to pay before the year is up because of his fine! So now he is forced into the slums and now hes living with drug dealers and criminals just to get by because now thats the only place he can go! That young mans future is ruined and he has to resort to crime because of his penalty! You dont think that happenes? Your kidding yourself.

Its the ENTIRE SYSTEM THAT IS
UP!!! Not the homeless guy on the side of the street preaching the end of the world. That homeless guy aint there because hes lazy. You really think thats a life anyone desires?

No offense, but I disagree with everything the OP said and find it ignorent. So maybe you were handed things growing up, but other people in this world really do have to fight to survive.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

so, more or less - you're saying people should be killed because you're cheap? :-)

huh - an angle I hadn't considered

a utopia made up entirely of tightwads

[edit on 3/31/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
You were saying in other words that criminals should be killed. It is fair enough to say they should be in solid confinement for the rest of their natural life without seeing the outside world. I agree when you said they are of no help in society. For a criminal to be killed is unjustifiable because it is still taking a person's life and is the same as murder. Killings only influence immoral actions obviously. I, as a citizen, have compassion for social justice. Death sentences are the government committing murder. Murder is murder. Nothing else. Of course they may not help but out of consideration, innocent people should be thinking the law should seperate criminals from us. Vengeance gets nowhere without seeing the moral point of view. Abortion is murder. Abortion is something that can be easily discarded by considerately adopting. If a woman does not want to have her baby, someone else can have it.
Life is precious if you want it to be. It's how you make the most of it. It's all about how positive or negative a person is.
I agree that uneducated / poor people are stuck in a situation where life does not mean much but in time they can eventually break out of the hatch depending on their inner strength.
I notice that both our views on this subject are slightly different, but hell, so what!? After all, we are different. At least I prove a point

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Typical BS that I'd expect from kids your age. Sorry OP, you can't be judge of who lives and who dies.

Until you get out of your home and into the real world to see the many reasons people suffer and become "unproductive" I respectfully submit that you keep quiet.

Sorry, but having lived in a poverty stricken, war torn, 3rd world country for 17 years, a world where children have to grow up faster and even work at a younger age in order to help the family, I think I know a little more as to a great many reasons why people become "unproductive".

I keep saying this to many middle class american high school children that I meet that have your same sad "holier than thou" view, that is that you honestly don't know what you've got, and that you've become nothing but ungrateful snobs who just aren't happy unless you "remove" the so called "riff raff" from your "world" without even bothering to realize WHY there are poor people in the first place.

As with many here who replied here, I agree that you have now lost any and all respect. Go back to playing your Xbox 360. Some of us real productive members of society have real issues to attend to.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Goodness gracious, not even halfway through this thread and there's almost nothing but judgements being thrown around on all sides.

The only thing I want to add to this very low vibratory thread is that the people who kill, lie, deceive, manipulate, destroy, and anything that causes one to vibrate with a low frequency will be taken care of by nature and the coming changes in conciousness. Until then take care of yourselves and stop judging everyone underneath the stars without getting to know why they do the things they do or why they've resorted to such things.

One of my fellow friends on this site once said how insane it is that people act as if they know other people when they don't even know who they themselves are.

Lead by example. The people you want destroyed is a direct reflection of your own inner self. You become them by words alone, not even actions.

Be In Peace.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Actually, you are WRONG! Hitler didn't JUST round up a group based on religion.
Hitler was a huge follower of Eugenics and wanted to create the "perfect master race" which he, just like you are condoning, made a judgment on who meets his prerequisites for the "master race" (blonde and blue eyed)

YES, he did kill homosexuals, people with disabilities, people with mental illnesses, yes, elderly, and people who were easily proned to diseases, his excuse? They were not "fit" to be a part of the "master race"

He even had german scientists working hard on making studies determining the "intelligence" of people of different races. Apparently he thought that blacks were the race with the least amount/capacity for intelligence than the white race.

He also did kill jews not just because of religion but because he, just like you, believed that they were "leeches" of german society. He believed that because many jews were big business and bank owners, that they were cheating the system and abusing the system. It was the perfect excuse "Germany is in financial crisis due to these jews who are leeching off of our system"

You must've been asleep in class or your teacher is holding out information on you because I remember reading about this not only in class, but also from books outside of high school.

So yes, I agree with the previous poster that you do come off as somebody who promotes Hitler's ideas of a "master race" the only difference being your "criterias" as to who should belong to this "utopia" and who doesn't.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Question]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

Originally posted by OhZone
Mr apeman (since I can't read your name there in the dark type)

It should be obvious why we should permanently eliminate the miscreants.
I don't want to pay to warehouse them, do you?

How about instead of exterminating these people ... you just put them to work .. maybe doing the jobs no one likes .. or something that benefits the whole country/community .. How about when we put these people in prison we make them pay for themselves .. and then some more ...

Not saying this would work .. just saying there are alternatives to mass slaughter of human beings.

That's what my state does and I'm quite happy with it, they put them to work cleaning the roads and what not. At least they have them doing something instead of just killing them.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Suppose you were given a task to perform. But unfortunately, no one thought fit to explain the nature of that task to you. How good a job do you think you would do?

1/ Identify what is being attempted.
2/ Identify what impedes that attempt.
3/ Act on those evaluations.

Is life precious? Have you ever tried doing anything without it?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
hi there,

i just wanted to say that life that we see is only of the physical realm.. that is the majority of humans only see that. what most dont understand quite as of yet: is reincarnation. Life, is just a cycle... of course we're just a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things..

but we reincarnate to gain refinement and a better way of understanding.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You are a hypocrite OP.

Matthew 7

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Wouldn't that first require even being aware that there is a beam in one's own eye?

I have the impression that the OP isn't even that aware.

Edit to add: So, that means the OP isn't a hypocrite, but is just ignorant. (And ignorance is a form of innocence.)

[edit on 31-3-2009 by L.I.B.]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

i see your point but its not so black and white, there was a homeless bum type guy that hangs around by the beach in our local paper who jumped in and stopped 2 guys beating on a young girl, getting hurt himself, while the so called decent members of society turned away.
the girl, her parents and the police praised him.

now i'd always crossed over avoiding him, but the paper told his story and it truely is not his fault.

I GUESS I WAS JUST IGNORANT TO THE FACTS AS ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE

ASK YOURSELF... what would YOU do with HIM?????

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What you speak of is totalitarianism. You want the world to run by your rules, and you want to violently punish any person who doesn't follow your rules.

As human beings, we're graced with free will. You're infringement on that free will makes you no better than those you would round up and "get rid of". Probably worse in many cases.

Yes, if everyone had the same rosy vision of existence, and made an effort to materialize that existence, we'd all live in peace and harmony. The problem is that when you're dealing with 6 billion individuals, all with free will and a different perspective, there's going to be some differing ideas.

Don't presume to know what's best for other people. You don't. Don't tell me you've made it all the way to high school and haven't been told to "walk a mile in someone elses shoes...". The OP simply oozes intolerance. The same type of intolerance that gives birth to things like war, oppression and even genocide. Live and let live and all that.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
life is not precious ... you sounds like youve been indoctrinated into the Z-Big fan club ..

so, deviants and criminals, and people who just make mistakes or like being lazy should be rounded up and done away with .. would you be willing to pull the trigger?

or better yet, how would you feel if someone decided your life, or your families werent worth the paper theyre printed on?

ignorant.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Sorry for missing your question which is

"Why do I judge"

Now, as stated, I am not a "religious" person and do not think it is gods duty etc. WE live in this world, and as far as anything beyond simple logic, it is our duty to rule it. There is judging all over the world, not that any of it is right or wrong. I have every right to make a judgment.

But, it is something like this. When a group of individuals hurt the well being of those who have done nothing wrong, it is the ones inflicted who have the right to choose what should be done to the criminals.

So, if I end up paying (through taxes, or afflicted family members) for the expenses it cost for a criminal to continue living, I would get upset. I feel as if this is the case with many people who do not give a crap.

Now, your idea of making criminals work is fantastic. Not sure if they do at all in todays world, but I can assume not for most of them. If they would "pay" their stay in jail - so be it. But, thats how it should be for all people with "petty" crimes - such as drug abuse etc, that are residing in prison. That would still leave the murderers in the open, along with any welfare abusers, etc - that LEECH off of society. Not people trying to get on their feet, but leeches.

Some of you say eye for an eye is hypocritical.
I look at it this way. Whatever you do to one side of the equation, you must do to the other. So, lets just keep it balanced from the start and nothing from their on will "happen". You view it one way, I view it the other.

So, it is everyones right to judge what happens. It is our world, and all of our actions affect each other.

For those of you calling me a sociopath...get real. If it makes you feel any more correct, or if you do not like having a simple talk, go ahead and continue saying it. But obviously trying to outcast someone will fix the problems - right?

Maybe you can get off of your own high chairs and read the thread in the context of everything. I am getting sick of repeating the group of people I am focusing about. Somehow you hear the word poor, and you assume I want every person doing drugs, living in a torn down house, dead. To whose criticizing my age...I can say this. Your own comments do not have any weight until you are 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100, dead. Whatever. It is a failed argument. I guess any child prodigies in this world we should disregard too because of age. So, argue the information given and not the person typing it...and thank you to those who are actually contributing to the thread.

A question to you all.

Maybe I respect life so much I would go to the extreme of preventing anything happening to it in the first place?

Another question. If you were being oppressed, and forced into being a slave, would you not want to rebel and kill those imprisoning you?

I do not see how those same people who were slavers any different than people who kill someone else in todays world, or live off of someone else's work. Life is not always sacred or precious. It can change. It is what it makes itself.

If you are a business person who make jobs for many etc, (IMO) it is a good life.

But if you enslave thousands, it is a corrupt one.

Respect from the start, and if you break that respect, extreme consequences follow.

And for the last time...I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE POOR, OR DRUG USERS!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

Resorting to and selling drugs is one thing, initializing violence/murder is another.

Going to jail for a dumb crime like drugs, and then getting stuck in the ghetto is not who am I classifying. It will be those who from there on out say screw it, do not get a job or some sort of pay legitimate(excluding prostitutes and drug dealers, someone makes a choice to use them)pay, and then feed off of whatever government assistance they can get for the rest of their life.

At some time, they need to be totally taken off, unless one can prove they are working a full time job and still do not have enough money for life essentials.

I will agree that the system is messed up and does ruin many good lives. When one thing changes for the better, something else gets worse though.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Totalitarianism - absolute control by the state or a governing branch of a highly centralized institution.

I am pretty sure I offered one idea about a select few who commit serious crimes (even if not labeled by the judiciary system).

If you consider that totalitarianism...I plead guilty. Perhaps do not use such words that have no real connection with the thread just to enforce the likeliness of your opinion being better than my own.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If life is not precious and you are saying we should get rid of all the "# ups", then who will be working the jobs, you don't want to do, and not even that, what if one of this # ups, would have some kinda bad luck and falls on his head, discovers the cure for cancer, and 20 years later your grandma doesn't die from it because of the cure. Killing anyone, any person with consciousness, is a complete waste, as we never seen anything like it in this universe, a life is more value then anything else in this world, maybe you should stop focusing on others and focus on yourself, get yourself to the point where you are surrounded by the people you want to be around, don't bottleneck yourself with this "# ups", grow up a couple of years and notice that your not really better or worse then anyone else.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join