It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is NOT precious...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

"We as a species are in it together. I believe we all should work on a fair system, and there should not be people who can get away with doing nothing, just leeching off of others. When I get the feeling that there is someone who will be like that or is, is when I think their life is not precious. That is when, I do not care for their life."

You expect people to act "fair" in a system that is unfair?

I think you should realize the main source of WHY people are that way. We live under a monetary system that forces people to use money to survive. Not everyone can be a CEO of a corporation and not everyone can make a butt load of money. It is not designed into the system. We (because I am poor) are ALL victims of this faulty system.

People don't have access or aren't being taught with the same information, therefore people will make different decisions in their life. You are trying to justify killing people based on bad decisions. I use to be a thug/gangster when I was young. I carried a gun, I got in fights, I did and sold drugs, and I caused trouble...but now here I am posting a reply on this site and I am finding spirituality and am a COMPLETELY different person.

I have changed.

For you to not even give someone the opportunity to change is and just rid the world of them, to me, is sadistic. Who are you to make that decision or anyone for that matter?

You just seem frustrated with people in general and it's understandable. I am a pacifist at heart and I couldn't even hurt another human being (even in self defense).

People are lost and scared. I think you lack a lot of knowledge that would change your perception of this world. The people you speak about are a very small percentage of the human race. Not everyone is "bad". They are just oblivious and lack guidance in life, but that's no reason to take it from them.

Everyone has a right to exist, a right to learn and make mistakes, and hopefully learn from them...as I have.

Oh, and thanks for not killing me

I'm a a much better person now.

Peace be with you. I hope one day you find some clarity.

-The Spiritual Warrior

[edit on 30-3-2009 by The Spiritual Warrior]

[edit on 30-3-2009 by The Spiritual Warrior]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
How about instead of killing them we buy them a meal and a beer

That alone would sure do a lot more than your killing-system.

Instead of preaching hate, help people. And I don't mean by being an ubber-math-geek and doing someone else homework, if you see a girl crying try to make her laugh
if you see a guy who tries to hide behind drugs, talk to him and see why is he doing it.

You said that "when someone harms another person they lose all respect from you". And you want to have them killed?

Just tell me what kind of magic power do you have, that let's you decide if someone should live or not?

-
My English isnt the best, so skip the comments about it
-

[edit on 30-3-2009 by aNdReSk]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I don't know about "Precious" but it certainly isn't sacred. We are all just cockroaches, wildebeest on the riverside.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Sorry but I think the premise of this post is evil and Nazi-like in itself.

It's the "life unworthy of life" idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Aw you high schoolers and your ideas its so cute.

What your forgetting my not so well informed friend is that people that are violent and take drugs are doing so for a reason and you can bet your bottom dollar that reason has something to do with the society we all live in,which, in return, IMHO falls on to the state and the governing bodies that are supposed to speaking on our behalf - We elected them after all

Have you met and alcoholic? have you sat down and had a chat to a homeless drug addict? Have you met a person that can't control his/her temper? - you will find that they have something in common - Underlying issues.

You Highscoolers think you know it all you think you do but I can assure you, there is more to learn.

Education, incorporating life, in my opinion starts when you leave school.

I suggest you get a job volunteering to help homeless people, pretty quickly your giant protective buble will burst and you will get a understanding of what lifes is really like.

If this opinion is based from the level of education you have received from your school and parents I dread to think where you are going to go from here.

Is this why there are so many school shootings in the US ? pupils trying to do away with the 'uncleaned'

[edit on 30-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I agree there are many people that take more from the system than they put in. But I think you're wrong in blaming people. It's the system that creates and encourages different classes that is flawed. I realize that classes are an outcome of living but power needs to move from the rich to the poor and everything inbetween. Everybody should have a say. But when the rich try to keep power, thats when problems start. Without a lower class to stand the upperclass becomes the lower class.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hello. I am going to read through your post real quick and make notes. After that I will post a summation to your points. So lets go.

*Well first off I have to hand it to your parents. They have their bearings when it comes to what's important in life (family and their well being). Let's continue...

*Yes there are some people who take drugs and are bastards about it. I don't see what their level of poverty has to do with if they show common courtesy or not. Everyone, no matter financial standing, has the ability to be decent with each other. Let's see...

*Hmm, we have a way of dealing with those who infringe on other people's rights; incarceration. To date the compromise in this field has been to pay for the lock up of people we don't want walking around on the street. We post the rules of what will get you in jail, and if you decide to break them it is out of your hands.

*I don't like all this talk about “we...are in it together”. You also mentioned something about “society”. I think where your problem arises from is you collectivist mentality. I will address this later...

*Again another mention of this “system”. The best way to get rid of welfare bums is to get rid of welfare. If you want welfare you are going to have to take the losers that go along with it. Sorry...

*Whenever anyone starts talking about species, and those not fit to live you got to stop for a second. I'm just going to read through the whole thing and finish up...

Finished reading. Okay, you are all ass backwards here. Let me explain. It is fine for you to judge others as inferior based on their job description. It is even okay for you to use this reasoning as a justification for abortion. Where you have to stop is all this “we are in it together” nonsense.

People give great credit to this thing called “society.” I have never met society, but if I do I will punch him in the nose. This is a planet of INDIVIDUALS, not a collective ant farm. People voluntarily interact with each other in jobs, shopping, community, and so forth. It is never stated that anyone owes you anything.

For a person who talks about how humans should be ruled by the natural order, you sure have an unnatural view of the world. In nature everyone fends for themselves. Sometimes they group together in packs, sometimes not. Point being that there are no rules or laws that say you have to obtain a certain job in order to exist.

Again you can keep all of these views, but you can never try and actively enforce them. No matter what you think, you do not have any domain over anyone else. My life is not measured by my job title, or how much I help “society.” I am a man, and I decide my worth. If you should try to act upon me then you will be met with equivalent force. If I am defeated then oh well, but I (and many others) will not be defined by a third party.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMot
I read the first post, and all I could see was a rant of a kid who doesn't even know what life is. he is still living with his parents! He has no credibility to start a thread like this stating that life is not precious. Yes it is, and if it's not, I dare the OP to take his own unprecious life. Yeah, didn't think so.

It is every bit as inappropriate to "dare" suicide as it is to imply logic in genocide. Neither are a joke. Reconsider this...toxic words aren't good for anyone, (especially those who take them to heart). Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
From what i have witnessed in my life, people are scum, and think nothing about destroying others. Just look how the police are mostly serial killer types, and the people who run things just seem to want to start wars and cause every piece of sh1t under the sun, to anyone else.

I can never understand, someone being a gang stalker, and going to mass on sundays, just what is that about, what type of person justifies what they are doing to themsleves,a nd then goes to mass on sunday.

What is the point of being a beast in society and then going to mass on sunday?

That question sums up so many of the people in this world, especially today in the west.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i think your opinion is coming from a high social pedistal....i think you need to come down from that cloud you are on... technically you are speaking of communism....which on paper is a FAIR system. to bad humans cant make it work....i do agree that you need to contribute to society....i dont think you can bunch up all those groups you mentioned together of such simple standards...for instance, if you think about it, the elderly are in that group you speak of....they no longer work, the "leech" off of society (which i dont mind paying for)....so that being said...should i OFF your grandparents? not such a great idea when your personaly family get folded into your plan huh? i do agree that the dredges of society should be handled...though i dont think you have put enough thought to your method....take this into thought...instead of prisons....state farms...prisoners are then GIVING back to society! mental patients....give'em some art classes, lol lets see what they can come up with those imaginative minds they have.... as far as your views on drugs....i'm sure you've taken some sort of them....not exactly an illegal one....but i'm sure you've had a beer once before...alcohol IS a DRUG...and if you are in high school...its an ILLEGAL DRUG for YOU! so unless you want to put your neck on the line...i suggest you rethink your ways and methodology on how to move forward as a CIVILIZED species. i would love a reply....thank you for your honest opinion....at least you are using your right to free speech that others less fortuante than you or i cant. i'm sure a lot of the "degenerates of society" would love to reply to your statement in their own defence....but cant b/c they lack a computer, internet, cable tv, car,clothing, food.....get the picture....thank you for your time and effort in this matter!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yet another person who would have never even seen me born.

The decision is not yours.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Cooperation and sustainability lead to the concept of life having value, and life is subjectively the highest value of anything, as without life, you can't really place a true value on anything, that takes subjective sensation based perception.
That which encourages the survival of the many is worth more to protect and encourage than that which discourages survival of the many.

With regards to what you said about the murderers and thieves, you are kind of correct, where reform is an option, ie alteration of attitude, that is a good attitude to take, and is kind of a requirement in terms of re-entering society.
With regards to disease... Disease is that which threatens life, and that is worthless.
I'm all for the curing of HIV and way less depleted uranium out there, and global warming and CO2 levels dealt with in a way that would lead to the enhanced survival of humanity, and metaphorically, that clearly states that I am opposed to inorganic debris that harms sentience, and I am opposed to virus that harms sentience. THe virus and the pollution is what requires eradication.

I am in favour of that which helps groups of cooperative sentient beings who are working together to increase probability of survival, and can cooperate and potentially help other groups of sentient beings have a higher probability of survival and happiness.
I am happy to wish and pray for all such groups of sentient beings to be successful in the endeavour to survive.

I'm quite liking freedictionary.com, we like honest definitions.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think the point of the OP is that if humans as a species do not change or become enlightened to the fact we are here to do somthing and that we are part of a much bigger picture. We shall be going the way of the dinasaur! I dont beleive we are here because of pure chance! and everything happens for a reason.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nurture, not nature, molds a person and her beliefs i.e. environment fashions her thoughts and actions. The current corrupt monetary system perpetuates corrupt circumstances. The only way around this flawed environment is a money-free resource-based Venus Project.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Its easy in high school , when your a young age .. all the worlds problems are black and white .. and you think you have all the answers .. yes i was your age once too!!!

Eventually you realise that NOTHING in this world is black and white .. to quote a cliche its all shades of grey ... and guess what those shades of grey are relative to your position so may not be the same as other peoples shades of grey .. one day in your mid twenties you will wake up and say 'OMG i just realised i don't have all the answers others opinions are valid also'

All this aside ,

to tackle two major points of your post.........

You cannot kill people for killing people .. this is the height of hypocrisy ..
i quote a monty python line

'No sir i am not happy with the situation .. if i was to shoot some bugger at home they would hang me .. over here someone shouts point and fire and they pin a well done badge to my chest!!'

HYPOCRISY!!

secondly ..

it is not your's , mine or anyone else's place to judge what quality of life 'is a quality of life'

what you think is a quality of life may not be anothers interpretaion of the facts. as its all relative

so it is not your place to judge them.... i wonder why you do ?

[edit on 30/3/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

'No sir i am not happy with the situation .. if i was to shoot some bugger at home they would hang me .. over here someone shouts point and fire and they pin a well done badge to my chest!!'

one of my most very favorite lines - the Python is deep

and it is hypocrisy - if killing is wrong - it's wrong

we should all be afraid to live in a world where everyone agrees it's OK - in special circumstances

edit to add: one of most very favorite lines - slightly altered :-)

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

the lines not verbatim , its pin a medal to my chest .. trying to find a clip now .. coming up short..

we should all be afraid to live in a world where everyone agrees it's OK - in special circumstances

what a great line .. 'special circumstances'

edit to add above quote

[edit on 30/3/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for the respectful post, even if in disagreement.

I am not stating that all drug users should and what not to be included in my thought. In fact, drugs are not at all of my concern, I only stated that in the majority of cases, it brings about a bad environment.

About law enforcement jobs..wouldn't it be more beneficial for those people to get jobs and pay taxes, rather than suck the taxes dry?

Police and such will always be around and should...but even if they are doing nothing regarding rounding up REAL criminals (not mis demeanor stuff), the job could focus on more of a "community service" type influence. To say that there will be all of those people without jobs is ridiculous...at the worst, they will have a slight change in work.

Now, the tobacco industry might take a hit....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Seems I remember a historical figure who had similar ideas on how to deal with people who weren't contributing to society... what was his name again, oh yeah,

Adolf Hitler, that was his name, seems he got down to business too, killed some 9 or 10 million "unwanteds" before the Allies put a stop to him... Honestly this sort of opinion is rather ignorant...

As for whether life is precious, on a cosmic scale it is extraordinarily precious. You see we've only found life here on Earth so far and until we find it elsewhere we must assume that life is an extremely rare phenomenon that results from only certain rare conditions. So all life on Earth has value, unless we find out that there's life on every other planet out there in the whole Universe and even then chances are our own form of life, here on Earth, will be unique and even "precious"

Adolf Hitler rounded up a group based on religion.

I noted rounding up a group of people who have no respect to life.

Example being a murderer that gets 20 years in prison. Why stop there?

There should be respect for everyone. Now, the first person to break the chain is the one that gets punished.

Some of you are missing my point and trying to imply I wish to round up any poor person or drug user and that is not the case.

I want to debate whether or not people who, lets say kill another person, should be left to live and feed off of tax money?

Like an Egyptian type punishment system, but where everyone is "equal". Eye for an eye, unless one side does not wish to bring about such charges.

So, if you think my idea is the same as Adolf Hitler just because I used the words "round up and kill", read the context.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

My apologies. You are correct on that matter, but I still feel that some of you are getting the idea that I want to exterminate the poor, or drug users, etc, which is not the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join