It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk shaped object filmed on sts 115 atlantis!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
thanks to luckymauro.
this might just be a ufo filmed by the crewmember of the sts 115 atlantis.
wat does everyone think?
satelite or ufo?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cameronvictor

The notes that go with the video claim it was confirmed as a satellite. If so, what I find rather shocking is that the shuttle crew and mission control didn't know what it was at the time. Don't they keep track of every sizeable object in orbit? Seems rather odd to me.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
the fact that they didnt know in the first place is proof that they lie for a living!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cameronvictor
the fact that they didnt know in the first place is proof that they lie for a living!

Well it raises a few questions, at least. I would not want to be one of the shuttle crew if mission control doesn't know exactly where and what every huge speeding hunk of metal in orbit is when they fire them out there! (although, I tend to suspect they do) If so that seems like an implausibly slipshod and haphazard way to run a space program LOL. I'll definitely have to look into this one further.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
forgetomori.com...

according to this, the audio is not connected to the video

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
The notes that go with the video claim it was confirmed as a satellite. If so, what I find rather shocking is that the shuttle crew and mission control didn't know what it was at the time. Don't they keep track of every sizeable object in orbit? Seems rather odd to me.

It seems rather odd to you because some YouBoob took old footage of a satellite deployment and married it with completely unrelated audio from another mission.

It appears "luckymauro" added the notes in an attempt to explain this.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
forgetomori.com...

according to this, the audio is not connected to the video

Thanks for the link Pauligirl.

The truth may be about as bad. According to the article you linked to, the audio in this video actually related to two UFO's seen near the shuttle and, at first, "there was concern as to if they could be important parts of the shuttle that could have come off" LOL.

"They were ultimately not identified". But apparently neither looked like what is shown in this video. There are links to pictures of these two unidentified objects in the article.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

It seems rather odd to you because some YouBoob took old footage of a satellite deployment and married it with completely unrelated audio from another mission.

LOL Youboobs will be youboobs.

However, the audio still tells a similar story - objects in sight of the shuttle which are not identified by the crew or control. The video just shows a prettier looking supposed "UFO".
Still, lucky should be boiled in oil.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The article regarding these objects seen from STS-115 contains a link to a photograph which it claims is of one of these objects, taken by astronaut Daniel Burbank.

This is the same object as is shown in this video beginning at 5:20

There is also another UFO allegedly from STS-115 at 40 seconds into this video. Maybe there are others too.

This video is discussed in this thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The audio is from STS-115 discussing debris.
spaceflightnow.com...

The video is of a satellite launched from STS-51G
The deployment is visible here, at about 3:20
www.nss.org...

[edit on 3/28/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

The debris photographed on STS-115 seems to be some sort of clip.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7a3c8d16fcdd83bd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/41771269f1fbaaae.jpg[/atsimg]

The Image Science and Analysis Group (IS&AG) performs engineering image analysis in support of the Space Shuttle, ISS, Hubble Space Telescope, and other NASA programs. This group evolved into its current incarnation after the investigation of the STS-51L Challenger accident, and its continued existence fulfills one of the lessons learned of the accident investigation. The value of the IS&AG was reaffirmed after the Columbia accident. Investigations conducted by the IS&AG were critical in determining the cause of the accident. The IS&AG again showed it’s importance to human space flight through support to the STS-114 Return to Flight mission, identifying both debris sources and locations of potential damage. The primary areas of expertise within this group include: static 2D and 3D measurements, high-resolution motion tracking, detailed surveys and monitoring of external vehicle conditions, and thorough imagery screening (film, video and electronic).

ares.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Hi Phage. I answered your posts here.

Calling it 'debris' doesn't seem justified to me, based on the article you posted, as these objects were not positively identified by NASA (unless you have an update in which they were confirmed as shuttle debris?).

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

It seems that debris in various forms is not at all uncommon on shuttle missions. Every effort is made to identify exactly what it is to determine if it poses any hazard. But there are going to be bits and pieces of unknown stuff.

It's identifiable as debris but not always exactly what it is cannot always be determined from inside the shuttle.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

It seems that debris in various forms is not at all uncommon on shuttle missions. Every effort is made to identify exactly what it is to determine if it poses any hazard. But there are going to be bits and pieces of unknown stuff.

It's identifiable as debris but not always exactly what it is cannot always be determined from inside the shuttle.

But it's not identifiable as 'debris' if it's actually unidentified, which it is LOL. "debris' is an assumption. It's a 'U.F.O'. Sorry to be so precise but I think it's important. It might be debris, but then again it might not. So designating it as debris is unfounded. As Hale said. "We probably will never know for sure".

Yeah, I'm getting thread-hopper sickness too LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I found a picture of the "shim" that it was claimed might possibly be one of the unidentified objects seen from the shuttle (STS-115).

One thing is for sure, it looks absolutely nothing like the object shown in the photograph and at 5:20 of the video that I posted links to above. And it was never positively confirmed by NASA as accounting for this or any other object seen from the shuttle.

See also STS-115/12A FD 05 Execute Package

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

If the shim was still attached to the shuttle I guess it couldn't be the object in the photo.
The photo looks like some kind of clip to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The photo looks like some kind of clip to me.

Possibly. If it were I think it could not have come from STS-115 as they scoured the shuttle and apparently found nothing else missing.

But I'm afraid I'll have show the same zero tolerance for "it looks to to me" as any skeptic would show towards "It looks to me like [insert claim regarding ET craft here]".

Possibly. But 'It looks to me's' just don't cut it.

It's a darned U.F.O. and no one can prize it out of my sinewy grasp! LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I have no problem with people saying something looks like an alien or an alien spacecraft.

Unless it looks like a clip.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

But that's a purely subjective thing. It looks like a clip to you. But that has no bearing whatsoever on what it actually is. What is an alien craft "supposed" to look like anyway?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Ask Billy Meier.

Sorry. Saturday night and all. I'll chill.

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Phage]

top topics

join