It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protesters to march in London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

G20 protesters to march in London

news.bbc.co.uk

Thousands of people are expected to march through London later to demand action on poverty and climate change ahead of next week's G20 summit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
G20 Protesters 'Will Try to Bring London to Standstill'

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i'm am quite worried by this, and i think the bbc are trying to play down what might actully happen, i wouldn't be supprised if it get very violent and possible terror attack. my friend who works for BT a big phone company has been told not to go anywhere near london on wednesday his whole company has been told this. i was asked to go the march for 'the free gary mckinnon' group but even though i support it very much i wont be going anywhere near london for a long time.

please let me know what you think, but dont have ago at, if you feel you need to then do me a favour and turn off your computer. to many people moaning on this site.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Just hype? Aimless protests?

Hang on. Turn off the MSM for a minute.

Geithner and Bernanke get grilled:

Let's tune in at, say 2:18 -

Bachmann to Geithner: "...an international monetary standard as soon as the G20... Would you categorically renounce the United States moving away from the dollar and going to a global currency as suggested this morning by China and also by Russia?"

Geithner: "I would, yes."

...And the Federal Reserve Chair? -

"I would also."

WATCH BERNANKE'S BODY LANGUAGE as he says this.

Watch it again and again...

But you can't base so much on that, can you?

-OK let's do some digging. We've got the

G20 2008 Plans

-revealing the new global system has been years in the planning, and includes enormous political moves contrary to democratic government (PDF + detailed breakdown, most notably from Maxmars)

plus

Here it comes - British PM to propose Global New Deal to Rescue World Economy

-which includes a PDF & discussion of the G20 Plans for the coming week.

If you read the above & want more background, try:

Going Global? Washington DC controlled by G20!

plus

G7 takes back seat to G20

Overall people are protesting against the globalization of corporate business (aka outsourcing, etc.) and the ruinous policies of their governments. But as more become aware of all the above, and the implications for the replacement of national sovereignty with global financial, then economic, then political governance and government - the likelihood is these protests will not be the culmination, but the beginning.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Don't be so afraid.
Its happened before.
It happens all the time.
The protesters scream and yell, and the cops bash the crap out of them.
Its a usual occurrence.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
yay, I get to watch more YouTube videos of people acting stupid!
sometimes I really love this planet.(no sarcasm)
I am glad people are standing up and doing something that they feel is wrong. It is our right as a people, not only as citizens, to demand that we are in control, not them.
I hope something good comes from this. If nothing else, this sends a good message to the powers whom think they control us. They may have big muscles, but we have more of em. Good job London.

Edit-Get GOOD footage =)

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

yay, I get to watch more YouTube videos of people acting stupid!

Sorry, the Brits do it their way:

MSM Photos

The protesters described the march having a "carnival-like atmosphere" with brass bands, whistles and music.

(source: photo 5)

Haven't yet found a photo of the protesters serving tea to the Bobbies. But these are only initial images.

As to the message in photo 1: it shows some awareness, but is sadly naive.

It's already happened, and the money the PTB have borrowed to pay for it is already on our collective shoulders, not to mention our children's shoulders...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLiiEn
Don't be so afraid.
Its happened before.
It happens all the time.
Its a usual occurrence.

This time mate... 'the protestors' i.e you and me, and anybody with half a sense of respect for the world we live in. Oh wait sorry, i'll exclude you. Anyway this time, certain members of certain groups have promised to return any acts of violence that the police will deliver.

Not just that, but major alternative players have decided to bring London to a standstill with major acts of revolt.

Good for them i say... I'm glad people are standing up for what is right.

I'm sure you'll disagree.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

certain members of certain groups have promised to return any acts of violence that the police will deliver.

British police don't carry firearms - am I right ?

If so, then this should be interesting ...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well that depends... our police DO have armed response teams and many pilice at airports and ports do carry guns.

But our police don't need guns, guns are for the weak in my eyes. If you need a gun then it suggests that you are unable to think properly and have to rely on other means.

Tactics will be used by both sides, both guerilla warfare and organised anti-riot squads.... and you're right this will get interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It will definitely become a part of history, sadly all the rioting won't help us in any way.
No matter how many people will turn up, this will have now results whatsoever for our side.

If you will be there, take care.

I will join the riot, but I expect to get home with a bleeding nose.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLiiEn
Don't be so afraid.
Its happened before.
It happens all the time.
Its a usual occurrence.
Just imagine it's in China. The BBC and CNN types will scream "Human Right's", "Government brutality" and "Free speech" or even Genocide.

It's in London ?? Err.. ermm It's just simply normal Police action maintaining Public Peace. No Double standard at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to mr-lizard

guns are for the weak in my eyes

Maybe in some cases ... perhaps ...

Still, the way things are going, I'd still feel more secure inside a car like this -

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well that car is pretty cool, but ultimately it's a weapon designed to kill.

This is not the way forward....

--

Back on topic, i'm reading stories in the telegraph that MANY protestors and activists are coming from all over the world to take part in these protests. Good for them.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
interesting times.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I couldn't make it today, sadly.

Has anyone from ATS attended?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
I couldn't make it today, sadly.

Has anyone from ATS attended?

No, I live at the other end of the country. Ironically, I don't have the kind of money it would have cost me to get London to demonstrate about the state of the economy and banking.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
People protesting as is their right.I do have a few questions though.Did they get time off work to protest?And are they getting paid for it?I mean i dont have the time to protest since im not unhappy with my life.Despite the economy,im still finding jobs to do.I guess they must be on welfare or unemployment or working cash jobs since they are alive right?So they must be eating and have roofs over their head.Just an observation.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice69
People protesting as is their right.I do have a few questions though.Did they get time off work to protest?And are they getting paid for it?I mean i dont have the time to protest since im not unhappy with my life.Despite the economy,im still finding jobs to do.I guess they must be on welfare or unemployment or working cash jobs since they are alive right?So they must be eating and have roofs over their head.Just an observation.

LONDON - Tens of thousands of people marched across central London Saturday

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
wow thanks for all the replys, well are we all from the uk here?
i been thinking that there a plausable pridiction for a terror attack coz i have been hearing and reading over the past few weeks on the news the terror threat has been rising for london, how whys that probaly coz of the g20 meeting but then i saw that bbc news had no threat rising

news.bbc.co.uk...

and remember who runs bbc.
so maybe there is a diliberate plan for the g20 meeting. anythoughts on that(no attacks on me, just an idea).

that cars a scary mother f how many rounds a minute is that thing firing. jesus! it would just cut you i half. not i the uk i hope.

cheers for replys heres some pics from protest i like especially with the horse men of the apocolypse

top topics

<<   2 >>

join