It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photograph Shows Diamond UFO Next To RAF Jet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Photographs taken of a UFO hovering next to an RAF jet over Scotland were treated very seriously by military investigators, newly released Ministry of Defence files showed today.

Witnesses saw the mysterious large diamond-shaped object hanging in the air for about 10 minutes before it ascended vertically at high speed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e534f8edb472.jpg[/atsimg]

Quite an amazing picture, lets see what could it be? Its not a bird, its not a plane, and surely its not a balloon right? Even the military is worried about this one!

Ive got a feeling aliens like RAF jets for some reason.

Diamond UFO

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

At first glance it seems that both objects in the pic have some weird pixelation going on around the edges...but I also remember someone posting and example of birds in flight with the same effect around them.

And it looks more like wormhole or a 'tear' in space than anything else...of course an assumption since I haven't really had the chance to catch a glimpse of either yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow! If the photo turns out to be genuine then thats a pretty good picture.

Any link to the original, or maybe the others they talk about?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
first of all it doesnt look that close to the jet, and second it looks to me like it was added there after the fact. I believe in UFOs and all that jazz but its important to be objective.......im calling this one a hoax

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I agree, it looks too black and out of context. I would say fake but who knows?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

indeed, i know there are always possibilities, and im never one to count them out. I just really think that some of the ufo and paranormal community are too quick to judge things as such. In doing so it makes those of us who are serious lose all credibility. If we truly want disclosure on things not in the norm, we have to take a serious stance on it, the less of us out there that can be deemed as crazy or UFO nuts, the less they can pass us off as such.

Nice find tho OP keep digging bud!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think this is a fake,

blot on the edge, blury picture, just a path. depth of field ratio to aircarft

15 years doing graphics with the best progs

FAKE..

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The military considers this thing a threat.
There have been cases when jets were
scrambled to intercept ufos as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
ahh dont get me wrong here, im sure we have things in the sky "check out the latest mod release"

But this picture is fake

the object "dimond" is out of foucus and the probiblity of you getting a jet going as fast as they do "over 500mph" without blur is a joke in iteself

15 years doing art on pc, graphics with 3ds max and many others i could make a better fake myself in 5 minutes.

sorry but its fake

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If this was between the period 1987-1993 as the article infers, it's almost 100% certain that the photograph was on film, not digital. Ergo, the negative was probably examined and deemed to be genuine by the MOD.

It does , however, beg the question just how come this picture has lain dormant for so long . Lets be straight here, if genuine, it is one of THE most important photographs ever taken. For one, the size of a Harrier jet is a known quantity so a damn good approximation of the size of the object could be arrived at.

If the witness's testimony, about it hanging in the sky for 10 mins is correct it also suggests something that, as yet, we don't have in any armed forces

Note also the article refers to Photogrpahs in the plural, i would hope the rest are made available...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
ahh dont get me wrong here, im sure we have things in the sky "check out the latest mod release"

But this picture is fake

the object "dimond" is out of foucus and the probiblity of you getting a jet going as fast as they do "over 500mph" without blur is a joke in iteself

15 years doing art on pc, graphics with 3ds max and many others i could make a better fake myself in 5 minutes.

sorry but its fake

Jets don't fly anything like 500 mph that close to the ground.... and there are photographs plural.... does help if people actually read the articles links are given to before pontificating on them...

oh and try making several fakes with a standard camera... using the software available to the general public between 1987-1993 , which would seem to be where this report emanates from..

[edit on 26-3-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

i have seen that photo a long time ago and i think it's just an illustration and not a real photo. i could be wrong but i doubt it

it say's in the article that there was just a line drawing of the ufo attached to the case in question. good story though

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"Photographs taken of a UFO hovering next to an RAF jet over Scotland were treated very seriously by military investigators, newly-released Ministry of Defence files showed today. "

The first line of the article in question.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Jets don't fly anything like 500 mph that close to the ground.... and there are photographs plural.... does help if people actually read the articles links are given to before pontificating on them...

It's called Nap Of the Earth. A Harrier would be flying 200 feet or lower, at 450 knots. That comes out to 517 mph. On flat ground they might be as low as 50 feet.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
There's nothing to suggest that is the photo mentioned in the FOIA release.

I think it is an illustration accompanying the article.

There is quite a good scale drawing of the sighting in the actual FOIA releases.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Let me point out some things.. im not here to debunk ufos..

But one thing stands out.. the vally.. the jet and the object + the distance and the blur "not to mention the huge dot at the end of the dimond"..

The picture seems staged in that 1) the jet was very low as you pointed out and they do infact fly @ 300+mph to keep that bird up in the sky "wieght".. 2nd the object is "closer than the jet "prespective" to the jet in the distance that just happend to be passing at the same time as the "ufo in question">>

then one asks who took the picture and why would one happen to take it of a jet going xxx mph "and" manage to capture the ufo..

as you stated photograph"s) were is the other pictures with the object in question sat - the jet ofc ?

Simple fact is that the object(s) are both fake

the jet is fake and so is the "dimond"

do not belive everything you see.. precteption is key and so is the logic behind why or how the person "or persons" took this footage "or picture" - the S

debunked as far as im conserned and i do have over 15 years of graphics to back that comment up not withstanding my understanding of depth of field and motion blur.. that this picture fails misserbly to do..

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"On this occasion, however, the MoD has been provided with six photographic negatives of an alleged UFO by the Scottish Daily Record and has been asked for comments almost certainly for inclusion in a forthcoming story."

So you have seen the negatives then and come to the conclusion they were faked?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

No, we're saying the photo in the article is an illustration. The present whereabouts of the negatives is, as far as I am aware, not known.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So why isn't it annotated as an illustration?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Top secret UFO files are being released more frequently now it seems.
This case was probably near the top of the list.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join