It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New release of UFO files in UK - March 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Dr David Clarke (one of the few academics in Britain with an open interest in UFO reports) has announced that the UK's National Archives has released a new batch of the British Government's UFO files.

They can be found here:
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

From past experience of such releases, you can expect some news coverage fairly shortly...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It looks like the press coverage has started:

On the BBC website:

UFO files reveal close encounter

A boomerang-shaped object seen from an airport control tower and a woman's encounter with an "alien" are among the secrets revealed in official UFO files.

The woman reported seeing a glowing, spherical object rise into the air in Norwich after meeting a man who said he came from a planet similar to Earth.

In another sighting, a triangular craft hovered then "shot off at 500mph".

The third set of UFO documents to be released by the Ministry of Defence covers the period from 1987 to 1993.

On the Telegraph newspaper's website:

Revealed: How the government probed Britain's greatest UFO mystery

Declassified government files have revealed how Ministry of Defence (MoD) officials launched a top-level probe into a diamond shaped aircraft seen hovering above a Scottish village.

Officials were so alarmed by the object, which was captured on camera, that they broke with established procedures and referred the sighting to ministers.

They also overrode rules prohibiting investigations into UFO sightings not considered an immediate threat to national security, and spent more than a year trying to crack the still unexplained mystery.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Good post!

A truly great project.

Interesting, by the way, that the project is three years long.

Is it supposed to be connected to the 2012-stuff??

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The following is also from the released files;-

uk.news.yahoo.com...

This one went as far as Government Ministers!

Roy.

Edit: this is the same report as the Telegraph above, but on Yahoo news.

[edit on 21/3/2009 by royspeed]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Also made it to the Australian.

British defence ministry briefed on UFO sighting

The most interesting part is in an article from you IsaacKoi:

They also overrode rules prohibiting investigations into UFO sightings not considered an immediate threat to national security, and spent more than a year trying to crack the still unexplained mystery.

Whose rules? Where are they written? Have they been let go since this is all starting to be written about in the papers?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Do you need more proof? Although it may be nice to have some more I personally don't need it. What purpose does this serve me? I know that extraterrestrial sentient beings that visit and study our planet exist.

However, people seek proof and more proof, and still more proof, for doubt still exists in their minds. Buddha, an Earthling, who acquired his understanding through his own study, did not say, as your fellow men do: I believe, but rather, I know. Faith is never perfect but knowledge is.

Faith is nothing in comparison with knowledge. Lord Buddha knew, you too, will be able to say I know.

There is a well-known story of doubting Thomas who wanted to touch Christs wounds, for, seeing them with his own eyes did not convince him enough; and yet, when he touched them, he was still doubtful.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
And now on the Sky News website:

The latest of Britain's UFO files are being released online exposing the Ministry of Defence's obsession with secret spy planes rather than alien craft.
Despite them being largely mundane, enthusiasts will continue to believe there is more information being withheld.

While still very interesting these papers probably tell us more about the MoD's priorities during the cold war than about the real truth regarding UFOs and aliens.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
News.com.au

This really interests me... in bold

Among the other files released were details of an anonymous female dog walker who said she met an alien who claimed extraterrestrial life was behind crop circles.

The woman, who telephoned the Royal Air Force to relay her experience, said the incident happened on November 20, 1989, while she was walking her dog on a sports field.

She said she was approached by a man who spoke with a "Scandanavian-type accent" dressed in a brown garment that resembled a flying suit who told her that the purpose of the alien visit was friendly.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Will he keep his word and show us all what's what?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I wont hold my breath, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Below are some of the more interesting reportings from DEFE 31/81.

Brittania Airlines report a UFO with the characteristics of a guided missile...

Three 'shooting stars' that stop and begin to move in patterns.

A circle of blue lights 'like on a gas cooker' seen by a family from their car.

A bright light splits into two.

A large black 'boomerang'.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'll repeat what i said on the other thread made about this.I just saw the Dr on bbc news who has been appointed to look through all these files..i didnt like him,interviewer asked him about the USA military coverup and he said there was no evidence to support this..he also said *conspiracy theorists* will always say they are not releasing everything they know..he should visit this site and get educated on the subject.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I bet they take all the good files out before they are released. That goes for all people looking to exercise the Freedom Of Information Act!

Its allways the same, some dog walker met ET while the dog was having a crap!

TSOM87

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I just saw the Dr on bbc news who has been appointed to look through all these files..i didnt like him (snip) he should visit this site and get educated on the subject.

Hi Solomons,

Presumably you are referring to Dr David Clarke. He is already quite well educated on the subject (having written several books about UFOs and also has a regular column in the Fortean Times magazine).

The best known books that he has written (or co-authored) about UFOs include:

Out of the Shadows: UFOs, the Establishment and Official Cover Up

and

Flying Saucerers: A Social History of UFOlogy

If there is any particular thread on ATS you think he should have a look at, let me know and I'll pass on a link to Dave.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow, so we get close encounter reports now? Cool. Very cool.

Come on guys, out with it already. They are here and you guys have had contact with them (speaking of the world's leading governments).

Considering the State of Affairs across the globe right now, I truly think that they should let the cat out of the bag and get moving on that awesome technology we could be using.
It could revamp our economic structure and provide us a way out of this mess. Soften the blow, if you will.

Eventually, it would change the entire fabric of society. All across the globe.

Lets get going!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for that - I've been going through the FOIA releases page by page myself, for late night reading, and the MOD look like they've done a reasonable job, budget constraints aside, of recording UAPs/UFOs. I think one of the more interesting bits is that they've cross-referenced some of the the reports with other sightings that are relatively contemporaneous and/or close. With some of the less credible sightings I end up shouting 'bolide you idiots' at the screen. The orchid smuggler fellow is funny too.

The releases are a goldmine of info for those not interested at looking forlornly at focus enhanced airy discs on YouTube set to mystical synth beats or with 'PROOF' in the title

I'll probably add to this thread as I get time to finish reading the releases. I hope everyone reads them because more eyes are likely to spot interesting things.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Today's London Telegraph reporting a picture of strange lights over London in the day

UFOs photographed over London

Strange shapes have been photographed hovering over London leading to speculation they could be UFOs.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks IsaacKoi !

I wasn't expecting them to release any new files for a while. I'll have to check this out more in-depth.. but it seems as if the files are developing into more intriguing cases.. contacts are always the most interesting to read. Do you think that these gradual releases are getting turned up a notch every time?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
Today's London Telegraph reporting a picture of strange lights over London in the day

UFOs photographed over London

Strange shapes have been photographed hovering over London leading to speculation they could be UFOs.

Can someone who's in the know when it comes to examining photos tell us if that is a hoax please?

2nd

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That is an intriguing picture.
Could it be an atmospheric effect?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
That is an intriguing picture.
Could it be an atmospheric effect?

if it is, there are four of them... By the way, what atmospheric effect would only be visible on camera (infrared for example)?

-rrr

[edit on 22-3-2009 by rickyrrr]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join