It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army vet billed $3,000 for war wounds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am once again going to say that "Obama's Plan" has been in effect since Reagan was in office. Ask any old veteran that has been dealing with the V.A. since the 80s. They have been wanting insurance information to bill private policies that long. It doesn't do much good though, insurance companies don't cover pre existing service connected conditions .... The V.A is slow to pay private doctors and a lot of times the billing staff in private hospitals and doctors offices use the wrong forms that are supplied by the V.A. and therefore aren't paid in a timely manner or at all. Usually the billing is turned over to a debt collector before the V.A. pays for the services and the patient gets billed.This is nothing new, I've been going through this kind of stuff for years

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
what's all this talk about something things fall through the cracks?

anyone know how many vets commit suicide?
where's their care?

army vet is synonomous to homeless
where's their care?

ok now defend that!
otherwise please wake up

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
what's all this talk about something things fall through the cracks?

anyone know how many vets commit suicide?
where's their care?

army vet is synonomous to homeless
where's their care?

ok now defend that!
otherwise please wake up

Couldn't agree more.

These "cracks" are nothing but lame excuses.

Thanks for putting your lives on the line, here's your pat on the back and see ya later. By the way, sorry for sending you that bill for injuries occured while on duty, you fell through the cracks I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

These people that you were debating with are always the same people making the same comments.
These people are just a bunch of oppressor's apologists.

They don't support illegal or immoral wars but they support the troops fighting in these illegal and immoral wars. They are walking and talking oxy-morons.

Everytime I read posts like theirs or hear people like them speak I just lose a little more faith in the future. How can we progress when they are people like these supporting corruption?
Even if they believe they don't support corruption they are still supporting it's facade.

Ever see the Matrix? Remember when Morpheus first took Neo into the simulation world?
They were walking and Morpheus said that these people who believe this world is real are not necessarily bad people, but they are nonetheless part of the problem and are therefore your enemy.

It's time to Wake Up!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Ever see the Matrix? Remember when Morpheus first took Neo into the simulation world?
They were walking and Morpheus said that these people who believe this world is real are not necessarily bad people, but they are nonetheless part of the problem and are therefore your enemy.

Its like the pyramid scheme, isn't it. The vast majority on the bottom have no idea how their actions are manipulated to work in favour of those very few at the top.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
All those members claiming this is not new, need to do a bit more research.

Yes, it is true that mistakes have happened in the past when soldiers have been injured and needed medical treatment, however, I was in the U.S. Navy, and had to go to the hospital several times for injuries, including for my dental care, and never did I have a problem, except when my medical records were lost because of them, and it took them a couple of months or so to find.

Apart from that, I never saw any bills for any of my medical treatments while I was in the military. That was back in the 90s.

However, read this please.

Mon Mar 16, 5:49 pm ET
To: POLITICAL EDITORS

Contact: Craig Roberts of The American Legion, +1-202-263-2982 Office, +1-202-406-0887 Cell

WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.

"It became apparent during our discussion today that the President intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan," said Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion. "He says he is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."

The Commander, clearly angered as he emerged from the session said, "This reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate ' to care for him who shall have borne the battle' given that the United States government sent members of the armed forces into harm's way, and not private insurance companies. I say again that The American Legion does not and will not support any plan that seeks to bill a veteran for treatment of a service connected disability at the very agency that was created to treat the unique need of America's veterans!"

news.yahoo.com...

The Obama administration have also made into law so that the government, and not the doctors can determine what treatments are needed by patients, and other forms of socialized medicine in which you, the patient will have no choice, and neither will your doctor.

Stimulus Hides Socialized Healthcare Plan

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:56 PM

Buried in the bowels of the stimulus plan the Senate passed Tuesday are key healthcare provisions that will set America on the road to socialized medicine, involve the government in your choice of a doctor, and inevitably trigger another funding crisis that will be used to justify still greater federal intervention in America’s healthcare industry, experts tell Newsmax.

Among the most controversial parts of the bill are new federal guidelines that will require the government, rather than a doctor, to decide whether a patient should get medical care.

Ironically, the stimulus bill that will cost more than $1 trillion will lay the groundwork for a massive healthcare funding crisis in the future, according to senior healthcare fellow Dennis G. Smith of the Heritage Foundation.

According to Smith, the stimulus bill contains over $100 billion of temporary Medicaid money. In an unprecedented use of Medicaid, that money will go to provide medical coverage for 1.2 million unemployed workers. What happens to those people in two years, when most of the temporary federal funding ends, is a major question. It will eventually lead to huge budget shortfalls when the federal spigot shuts off.

“It’s going to be very serious,” Smith says. “The GAO, the watchdog agency that works for Congress, has already said the current Medicaid program is unsustainable, and that states for the current program have to either cut spending or raise taxes by 7.6 percent every year to stay in balance.”

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Great post. Great info. Star!

Obama is unreal. I can't believe his plan will pass, the backlash from the services would be unbelievable. But who know's, so many other injustices have become a reality, whats one more.

Accept all the people they will be pissing off are armed and trained to use them.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I don't have to research the V.A. system , I have been a disabled veteran with service connected disabilities since 1969..... No one that I have ever met was ever billed for medical care while in the military services, and that isn't what is being talked about The Veterans Administration doesn't provide care for active duty servicemen.... I am not trying to debate anyone but trying to share with people that don't have personal experience with the system.... Ask any Vietnam vet and they will tell you that dealing with the V.A. has always been a hassle and if not for the pre existing conditions incurred while in the service, they could get civilian insurance and not have to be dependent on the V.A..... I have been taking prescription pain medications (opiates) for 12 years. It took a over 3 weeks for my last refill to reach me due to blunders at the local V.A.clinic the regional pharmacy and the Postal Service, and nobody is accountable. This is the way it has been during all of my 40 years of V.A. treatment. I am damned glad to have the care that I have, I know that the V.A. employs are very busy with all of the Vietnam era vets without insurance coverage coming into system everyday and there are Gulf War vets that are having some very real health problems that are finally being addressed.... The guys that were in Somalia and Kosovo are in their mid to late 30s and a lot are without coverage, and I see kids in their late and early 20s teens like I was 40 years ago walking the halls in the Dallas and Temple V.A. facilities and having to learn the system..... Nothing has changed except that we are finally getting descent travel pay and My most recent Day surgery procedure was performed and I was on my way home in 2 hours instead of the 7 hours that it has taken for the last 8 years... I'm only telling it like it is..........Semper Fi.........

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Thank you for sharing the first hand experience.

I know the VA does good things and helps from reading replies such as your own and others, but I personally can't stand any hassle any vet or active duty serviceman might encounter. You all deserve 100% back from the government you served and risked all for. I would gladly pay any tax increase to ensure those protecting our lives back at home and fighting to liberate those in need get any help they need. Whats the worst that could happen? A vet dishonorably scams the VA, diverting funds needed for treatment of legitiement cases. Thats what prison sentences are for.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join