It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird photo fron Finland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.aamulehti.fi...

That was filmed on Finland couple days ago. It is most propably due snow melting, but it is quite nice. There are no foot prints or any other markings indicating that some one made this....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Belsepub

100% snow flake, but a very nice pic mate.
What we see black is actually white. It's snow.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

snow? what is black is actually white? what about what is white? is that black, or is everything in the image is supposed to white.

I dont get what you were trying to say. snowflakes are symetrical (usually) and the said image does not have any symmetry to it.

I dont know what that is supposed to be though. Other pictures would be nice. People usually take several images. especially when they dont know what they are looking at.

No story, could be huge crack, or crystalline energy being (starTrek) haha

more info is needed

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Look at the sky while it's snowing: you wont see the snow white but BLACK. Same happens here. It's snow, but a nice pic though.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Local pilot was flying over it and took the picture. He took 2 of them, so there is no more. They say that there is a pit on a middle, where the melting water has ran. The darker areas are most propably water. Though the "hole" in the middle is very symmetrical... Don't know...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Looks like it was taken from a moving car. It kinda looks like one those things that stick to glass to make someone think there is a hole in their window.

Why does the photo look like like it's from the 70's era? Wasn't it taken just days ago?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That's one helluve sized snowflake, considering the pics were taken from a plane flying over the field. You can see the trees etc.
But as the article itself mentions there is probably a pit in the center and melting snow is just running there. Nothing to see here...

[Edit] Better for scale: www.aamulehti.fi...

[edit on 26/3/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Since this photo was taken from the air by a pilot, I think what we see is a frozen lake, where the ice is thin (melting) and beginning to crack.

Like in this photo:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/448c7320dbc4.jpg[/atsimg]

You can find this photo and others of cracked lakes here:
fiveprime.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

It is taken from an airplane. You can see the wing support sturd on top left on the photo. And you can see about 20 feet tall birch trees on bottom of the pic. Maybe you need new glasses? And tell me what is the -70's you see on the pic?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Belsepub]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Kudos to you my friend, I believe you nailed it! A previous poster said it best that "there is nothing to see here". But thanks to the OP........that was fun!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by Le Colonel

Look at the sky while it's snowing: you wont see the snow white but BLACK. Same happens here. It's snow, but a nice pic though.

doesnt really look like it is snowing, but whatever you say.

I dont know what it is though, but not really interested. Could be really ugly bush?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Belsepub

Need new glasses? Ha. Ha. That's pretty funny! I don't need glasses...never have. Your little snide comments are way out of line, totally uncalled for. They are deserving of a retort though, why don't you grow up and learn to watch your mouth.

As for 70's thing, the color "black and white"......it's amazing to me that I would have to explain that to you.

You just barked up the wrong tree pal, I'll be remembering you "Belsepub".

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

That's it! Melting ice or snow in a lake of field. What are the things in the foreground, bushes, trees?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Looks like an old ice-fishing hole beginning to melt. The area around the hole is turning back to water and becoming transparent so you see the black (dark water) below.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I see where you guys are thinking it was taken from a moving car. But....

There are 2 pictures seen here. That crack in the middle is just the separation of the two. The one on top, I'm guessing, is the first one shot from the air. The one on the bottom was the followup shot of the tree line on or close to the ground. The top photo, being shot from the air, is a directly vertical shot of a dead tree in winter. The "pit" in the center is the trunk of the tree. It's a nice shot and very hard to get as its directly (or VERY close to it) vertical.

Nice shots good find

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

its a lifeform from mars, see photo, zoom in to see.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Agree, it is an interesting photo. It's not perfectly symmetrical as I'd expect from a snowflake... I wonder..... volcanic? Probably icemelt as suggested by others, but what if instead of the flow moving inward as a series of tributaries, the flow is moving from center outward?

naaah. Probably not.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I hope your not serious!
Um snowflake its not, weird it is, what it is, I have no idea!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The OP should've posted a link to the article - of course it's in Finnish, but seeing both pics would've prevented some of the guesswork and confusion.

Here's the other pic:

And here is the article.

Edit to add:

On closer inspection, it looks to me like the article only shows ONE pic, and the one in the OP is an enlarged detail of one section. Still, it would've helped to see both together (thanks PsykoOps).

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Teratoma]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It always astounds me how so many people come to a thread, read just the OP, then post without reading the entire thread.

Read people, it might do you some good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join