It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth and Origins about Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Hinduism pre-dates Christianity so Kali would be the first Vampire, she even has fangs! What about Sekhmet, an Egyptian goddess who also drank blood? Seeing as the Egyptians had a form of writing, would that not make her the first recorded vampire?

In fact, it appears the earliest vampires have one thing in common: they are women... perhaps the bible isn't accurate after all?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

You don't need to tell me that.....

So it seems that stories of Vampires come from way back in History, but it seems that they were ritualistic methods of blood consuming etc. rather than the act of consuming it in order to live.

Interesting stuff we coming across...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Who is talking about christianity? This is the Creation story.....the first son of the first man and the first woman, it predates christianity by thousands of years. This is merely the Adamic traditional bloodline and some of the pseudagriphia say that vampirism revealed itself in the firstborn son.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

Who is talking about christianity? This is the Creation story

There are older creation stories than the Abrahamic religions, I like your use of the when referring to a creation story.

Adamic traditional bloodline

What are you getting at here, that Aryan nonsense? Care to elaborate a bit more?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

whats the sign though? btw great read.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Let me submit a paragraph from a story in "The Mail" about an archaeological site in eastern Turkey named Gobleckli Tepe.......
The first is its staggering age. Carbon-dating shows that the complex is at least 12,000 years old, maybe even 13,000 years old.
That means it was built around 10,000BC. By comparison, Stonehenge was built in 3,000 BC and the pyramids of Giza in 2,500 BC.
Gobekli is thus the oldest such site in the world, by a mind-numbing margin. It is so old that it predates settled human life. It is pre-pottery, pre-writing, pre-everything. Gobekli hails from a part of human history that is unimaginably distant, right back in our hunter-gatherer past.
The age of the Hindu "Vedas" is still in doubt. The aborigines of Australia are claimed to date back 50,000 years yet i have seen nothing to substanciate those claims.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Oddly enough, evidence of the werewolf is present at this same site, [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8d7504681c.jpg[/atsimg]carved in stone and recorded in history in the Apocalypse of Moses. It reads.....1 Then Seth and Eve went towards paradise, and Eve saw her son, and a wild beast assailing him, and Eve wept and said: 'Woe is me; if

2 I come to the day of the Resurrection, all those who have sinned will curse me saying: Eve hath not kept the commandment of God.' And she

3 spake to the beast: 'Thou wicked beast, fearest thou not to fight with the image of God? How was thy mouth opened? How were thy teeth made strong? How didst thou not call to mind thy subjection? For long ago wast thou made subject to the image of God.' Then the beast

4 cried out and said:

Chapter 11

1 'It is not our concern, Eve, thy greed and thy wailing, but thine own; for (it is) from thee that the rule of the beasts hath arisen. How was thy

2 mouth opened to eat of the tree concerning which God enjoined thee not to eat of it? On this account, our nature also hath been transformed. Now therefore thou canst not endure it,

3 if I begin to reprove thee.'

Chapter 12

1 Then Seth speaketh to the beast, 'Close thy mouth and be silent and stand off from the image of God until the day of Judgment.' Then saith

2 the beast to Seth: 'Behold, I stand off from the image of God.' And he went to his lair.
This carving is very similar to renditions of "la bete", the penultimate werewolf know as "the beast of Gevaudan which killed a hundred people in 1760's France. This is quite possibly the most renown werewolf story of all time. La bete was the source material for most werewolf legends, her killing spree nearly toppled the Monarchy of Louis XV.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well thats not evidence of werewolves at Gobekli site, its merely evidence of wolves. Or dogs. Just because it bears a little resemblance does not make it a werewolf.
Not only that the Gevaudan wolf was assumed to be a regular (though huge) wolf... no evidence of it being a werewolf either... other than maybe saying it targetted humans, but human, cow, Id go for the humans too.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I also think some stories throughout folklore of werewolf culture may have also stemmed from Native American legend through that of 'skin walking' or 'shapeshifting'.

en.wikipedia.org...
animal.discovery.com...

In the lore of some Native American tribes, particularly the Navajo, the "skinwalker" is an evil witch that can shift into animal shape. Although generally believed to take the form of a wolf, coyote, crow, fox or owl, it is said skinwalkers can take any animal shape they desire. Those who report having seen skinwalkers say they are slightly deformed in their animal state with dull and unreflective eyes — the opposite of a real animal. In human form, their eyes are said to shine with an inhuman animal glow.

As for zombies, there are reported cases in Haiti. I have mentioned this in a separate thread.

In the early 1900s, an American journalist named William Seabrook visited Haiti and claimed to have seen three zombies working in the cotton fields. He described the men as having, "The eyes of a dead man... The whole face, for that matter, was inhuman. It was vacant, as if there was nothing behnd it, and drained of expression." These zombies inspired him so much that he went on to write a book about them, which apparently inspired several Hollywood films including the famous White Zombie.

A zombie is a dead person that is brought back to life through means of Vodoun or necromancy, destroying the mental processes of this person through the process. Most people consider zombies only to be the stuff of horror books and movies, but they do exist in Haiti in the present day. Thousands of people in Haiti are considered to be zombies, some of which lead normal everyday lives with families, jobs and are respected citizens. It¹s even considered to be a crime to make a zombie in Haiti.

To make a zombie, a voodoo practitioner makes a potion that consists of mainly the poison of the pufferfish (one of the strongest nerve poisons known to man, the clinical drug norcuron has similar effects and is used during surgery) that is given to the intended victim. This causes severe neurological damage, primarily effecting the left side of the brain (the left side of the brain controls speech, memory and motor skills). The victim suddenly becomes lethargic, then slowly seems to die. In reality, the victim¹s respiration and pulse becomes so slow that it is nearly impossible to detect. The victim retains full awareness as he is taken to the hospital, then perhaps to the morgue and finally as they are buried alive. Then, at the voodoo practitioner¹s leisure does he come to retrieve the victim, now become a slave, as a commodity (at one time it was said that most of the slaves who worked in the sugar cane plantations of Haiti were zombies. One case in 1918 had a voodoo priest named Ti Joseph who ran a gang of laborers for the American Sugar Corporation, who took the money they received and fed the workers only unsalted porridge). A zombie will remain in a robot-like state indefinitely, until he tastes either salt or meat(so much for ³The Night of the Living Dead²). Then the zombie becomes aware of their state, immediately returning to the grave. The reality behind the zombie has only been taken seriously by medical science within the last ten years, since the use of CAT scans of the brain, along with the confessions of voodoo priests, explaining their methods. Previous to that, zombies were considered mental defective by science or explained as stunts to try to confuse scientists.

www.themystica.com...

More recently, a Harvard ethnobotanist named Wade Davis,traveled to Haiti in 1982 and, as a result of his investigations, claimed that a living person can be turned into a zombie by two special powders being entered into the blood stream (usually via a wound). The first, coup de poudre (French: 'powder strike'), induced a 'death-like' state because of tetrodotoxin (TTX), its key ingredient. Tetrodotoxin is the same lethal toxin found in the Japanese delicacy fugu, or pufferfish. At near-lethal doses (LD50= 5-8µg/kg), it can leave a person in a state of near-death for several days. The second powder, composed of dissociatives like datura, put the person in a zombie-like state where they seem to have no will of their own. Davis also popularized the story of Clairvius Narcisse, who was claimed to have succumbed to this practice. There is wide belief among the Haitian people of the existence of the "zombie drug". The Voodoon religion being somewhat secretive in its practices and codes, it can be very difficult for a foreign scientist to validate or invalidate such claims.

And where did people get the idea that Cain became the first vampire??
The verse mentioned - Genesis 4:10-15 - merely depicts part of the murder of Able by Cain. And Lilith isn't even mentioned in the Bible - she is apart of Hebrew folklore - supposedly myth, not biblical.

I don't know about the whole fangs and immortal she-bang but i believe 'vampires' may exist in a different way - in such a way that they suck energy from something. Whether they are human - and i'm sure we ALL know at least someone who just sucks the life-force and positive energy from everyone - or something a bit more 'otherworldly'. You see i figure that blood is one's life-force - so it's plausible that energy would be regarded the same way.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What's that beast from 1760's?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Type in "the beast of Gevaudan" known in french as "la bete". It is claimed that the entire population of the area some 20,000 people, were mobilized to kill the beast but were unsuccessful. The death of "la bete" was accomplished by a man reading a religious treatise, while la bete seemed to wait for him to finish, he then lifted his rifle and shot her with a silver bullet.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Of course it is not proof, but is is evidence. One of the first known carvings in the oldest known temple in the world. Furthermore Adam was known to have built an altar for his sacrifices to God in the area just outside of Eden. The time, the place and the lack of population other than the descendants of Adam who populated the area for hundreds of years, add credence to the story of Seth being attacked by a beast, in spite of the fact that the Creator had placed his hand of protection over Adam and Eve lest the animals of the field rise up and devour them. The beast in its dialogue with Eve discribes itself as plural and that it was changed into its present form because of Eve. La bete was not thought of as an ordinary wolf, read the articles.....She was thought of as a werewolf, the Catholic church thought of her as the scourge of God.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by TheOmen

whats the sign though? btw great read.

Thanks!

What do you mean by the sign?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Yeah, I think you're right.

The stories have come from a range of cultures, and I think this is just a case of adaptation by another culture, describing what they thought or merely just folklore.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
I don't know about the whole fangs and immortal she-bang but i believe 'vampires' may exist in a different way - in such a way that they suck energy from something. Whether they are human - and i'm sure we ALL know at least someone who just sucks the life-force and positive energy from everyone - or something a bit more 'otherworldly'. You see i figure that blood is one's life-force - so it's plausible that energy would be regarded the same way.

I don't know about myself knowing anyone who sucks anyone's life-force, but I certainly know a couple of "Mood Hoovers"

It's someone who enters a room in a bad mood, and "hoovers up everyones good moods

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

They probably exist in New Guinea because if you eat your own kind you therefore drink the same blood. Who knows what happens there? Just a thought.

But there are rumoured to be headhunters around there.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

Wow, I know a few mind hoovers as well.

Nicely put.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by TheOmen

They probably exist in New Guinea because if you eat your own kind you therefore drink the same blood. Who knows what happens there? Just a thought.

But there are rumoured to be headhunters around there.

What are headhunters?

And I think that there is probably many people across the globe that will consume blood for various reasons. I just don't think that any of those reasons are to consume blood to stay alive or something like that.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The only "zombie" outbreak that i recall is when Christ was crucified Matthew chapter 27 describes it thus.... 50 ¶ Jesus, when he had cried again with aa loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the aveil of the temple was brent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did cquake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the agraves were opened; and many bbodies of the csaints dwhich slept earose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the aholy city, and appeared unto many.
Now you have religious and historic documentation that zombie uprisings have been recorded.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

One of the little known stories of WWII is that of British soldiers hunting down and killing all the headhunters on New Guinea. They took exception to british soldiers being treated so cavalierly. Now those headhunter tribes have dress up contests, complete with makeup, paint, lots of feathers, etc. Mexico has become the headhunter capitol of the world....."you're not standing so tall now are you sucka!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join