It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social network sites monitored

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

You're still kinda doing it by saying the government bends us over...

Whatever man I don't care. They do not control my life, they don't know half of the stuff I do otherwise I would probably be straight on the cart, they take my taxes and my picture every so often when I wander through town.

Butter knives... just because I don't have a gun doesn't mean I can't defend myself, and you really think you'd have a chance against a trained military? I'll block myself in my house the second things kick off and the first one through the window or door will be getting the fat end of my baseball bat straight to the temple.

Your concern is appreciated though.. as to the cameras in urinals thing.. can't say as it would suprise me either. Think I'm going start grinning at every camera I see

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I figured this out in 2004 when I found out, quite by accident, that ICQ is headquartered in Israel. Of course, I happened across this information after I had been in touch with people from all over the world, including Syria, the UAE, Egypt, Thailand, Vietnam, Pakistan, Russia, and other nations. Many of my conversations with these people are political as well as personal, as they began shortly after 9/11/01.

I'm no longer afraid of the government knowing what my views on any given topic, mainly because I know that the main tactic of governments (like the BuCheney administration) is fear and because I am a non-violent nobody....no threat to the wealthy/powerful, at least not a threat they would recognize. They are far more concerned with each other than those of us who are busy not playing the game. Our numbers increase daily. As my Kiwi friend likes to say, "the corporate government types; the big guys need us more than we need them."

What amazes me about the domestic spying scandal is that people seem so shocked that the U.S. government was spying on Americans via the NSA, illegally of course? Do they not teach anything in schools about the 60s, like such lovely topics as Co-intelpro, offing powerful people, like presidents, presidential candidates, influential social activists and real journalists? (If not actual murder, many lives were ruined.) We had not been "attacked" then. After 9/11, who didn't know that we were due for Co-intelpro on steroids? Only the agencies have changed, not many of the people,.....or perhaps more agencies of the executive branch are involved this time around, like the pentagon, the CIA and God only knows who all else.

Who knew that Dick Cheney was running black-ops hit squads from his office? For all we know, he could still be at it, from his home in Virginia or the one in Maryland. Why didn't he go home to his home state of Texas/Wyoming, anyhow?

Congressional hearings and commissions (like the Church Hearings in the 70s)), making new laws based on the findings does little good when the powerful people who are ultimately responsible for extremely dangerous crimes against the constitution and international law, and therefore the people of this country and those of other nations, are never held accountable in any real way. Laws will just be broken again and again and again, whenever it is convenient or necessary to move us into living according to an ideology with which few of us would be happy. Many of us would just as soon leave here as participate in the ideology of the neocons or the dogma of the Thecons.

Eventually, the people begin to have zero trust in the institutions of government or social institutions, financial institutions or big business of any kind. What follows is complete societal breakdown. We have been seeing the signs for sometime now. If anyone is above the law in a constitutional democracy, people begin to realize that there is no real law, just the image of a people under law, not dictator nor monarch.

Meanwhile, I still believe in the constitution and will exercise my First Amendment rights as long as I have breath and, to the best of my ability, I will use that right responsibly.

Glad I found this sit

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mace778

Yeah I knew this was going to happen if not already. Places like myspace and facebook are so popular it seems everyone has one if not both. People post their lives on their with pics and everything. No wonder the govt wants to monitor it, they want to know what we are really doing. I personally think they need to stay away and let us have some privacy but it seems like privacy now-a-days is a thing of the past.

<< 1  2   >>

join