It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 British "Terrorists" return to Britain after visiting Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sky News is reporting that
"20 British terrorists have returned to Britain after visiting training camps in Pakistan."
I have now seen 2 different reporters speak these words on Sky News and both have emphasized the word "terrorist."

I would have thought a more accurate statement would be"
"20 British Muslims have returned to Britain after visiting training camps in Pakistan."

But no, it seems now that if you are a Muslim and visit a Pakistanni training camp, you are automatically a terrorist. No longer does the "innocent until proven guilty" statement apply in UK. The Government is Hell bent on terrorizing the British public with terrorism propaganda.

As the Economic crisis deepens we can expect them to up the ante and issue many more Government statements of convenience such as "a terrorist attack is imminent" It helps to draw the attention away from the really deepening crisis which THEY have created with their bungling ineptitude.

Next they will be coming out with "Do not turn up to demonstrate at the G20 Summit as the UK security forces have overwhelming evidence to suggest that terrorists are going to blow you all up"

I have no idea why someone would want to go and train at a Pakistanni training camp but if the Government are so concerned about it, why don't they make it an offence to do so?

Answer: Because they want to keep the grip of fear tight around the British public and doing that would reduce acts of terror, which for them is NOT their way forward. It is they, the Government who are the true terrorists.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
According to the news report this comes from Pakistani intelligence which had identified 20 Britons who had trained at known militant training camps and subsequently returned to Britain.

Here’s a link to one of the reports;

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Given the context I don’t think it’s unreasonable for the media to use terrorist as a synonym for militant. A little sensationalist perhaps but it’s not fabricated and as it doesn’t involve any named individuals it’s not prejudicing our justice system or branding any specific persona as guilty.

I do think the government are trying to hype up the threat (which does still exist) for various reasons but I think you’re overreacting to this report personally.

And if they’d said 20 British Muslims then they’d have been criticized for representing all Muslims as terrorists.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
I would have thought a more accurate statement would be"
"20 British Muslims have returned to Britain after visiting training camps in Pakistan."

But no, it seems now that if you are a Muslim and visit a Pakistanni training camp, you are automatically a terrorist. No longer does the "innocent until proven guilty" statement apply in UK. The Government is Hell bent on terrorizing the British public with terrorism propaganda.

I have no idea why someone would want to go and train at a Pakistanni training camp but if the Government are so concerned about it, why don't they make it an offence to do so?

Answer: Because they want to keep the grip of fear tight around the British public and doing that would reduce acts of terror, which for them is NOT their way forward. It is they, the Government who are the true terrorists.

Normally, on anti-terror threads I'd be in complete agreement as to your last paragraph; many people on here think that the government do want to nurture a climate of fear.

However, in this case? At a factual level, these people have stayed at a terrorist training camp in Pakistan. As you admit yourself, you have "no idea" - or rather you have no idea or reasoning that might render such a visit as innocent or innocuous - why they actually went to the camp.

Seriously, why do people attend terrorist training camps? Hoping to lose weight? Find love? Do a bit of investigative journalism for a local paper? 18-30 holiday? No, they attend terrorist training camps to get instructed in terrorism. There's no real reason anyone would go to one of these places if they weren't interested in terrorism.

CX

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Seriously, why do people attend terrorist training camps? Hoping to lose weight? Find love? Do a bit of investigative journalism for a local paper? 18-30 holiday? No, they attend terrorist training camps to get instructed in terrorism. There's no real reason anyone would go to one of these places if they weren't interested in terrorism.

My thoughts exactly!

The only other reason i can think of people attending one of these camps is for journalistic purposes.

CX.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Whilst I realise that some British muslims are attending these training camps for terrorist training, there are probably some that also go there to handle guns and explosives for fun. The points that I was trying to make are:

British Government are controlling the media in so far as these people are now immediately labeled "Terrorists." Until a law is passed outlawing attendance at these camps, they are (in the eyes of the law) not terrorists. Does any one know if such a law is even at white paper stage, if not, why not.... it makes one think....

I have visited the Vietnamese tunnel complex at Chu Lai and whilst there I saw that for a few dollars, you can fire AK 47, M16 & M60, hell you can even fire RPG's there if you pay enough. Does that make me or the people that fire those weapons a terrorist?

My post is to raise awareness that the Government seem to have reached a new level in using "terror" as a distraction from the real issue which is the collapsed economy, loss of homes, jobs, pensions. They have screwed that up but hey, its ok cos they will protect us from the terrorists.

Now as of yesterday, there's a real and present danger of a dirty bomb attack on UK soil, oh please...

it is a joke,

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Rigel Kent]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

It is they, the Government who are the true terrorists.

Amen..!!

if everybody just say that we will come out on top...

just keep repeating it... in the end you belive even if it isn't true

(yes we can) works for bcc

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

"20 British terrorists have returned to Britain after visiting training camps in Pakistan."

i think this is THE message...only here

Next they will be coming out with "Do not turn up to demonstrate at the G20 Summit as the UK security forces have overwhelming evidence to suggest that terrorists are going to blow you all up"

protesters will come no matter what.(they know!!)...but you misinterped they now have a REASON for mass arrest since the "terrorist" are british and could be any "western" dude.... (even protecting muslim feelings)

that would be the main reason to say "british" if you ask me...
and once they got them......

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
Whilst I realise that some British muslims are attending these training camps for terrorist training, there are probably some that also go there to handle guns and explosives for fun. The points that I was trying to make are:

British Government are controlling the media in so far as these people are now immediately labeled "Terrorists." Until a law is passed outlawing attendance at these camps, they are (in the eyes of the law) not terrorists. Does any one know if such a law is even at white paper stage, if not, why not.... it makes one think....

I have visited the Vietnamese tunnel complex at Chu Lai and whilst there I saw that for a few dollars, you can fire AK 47, M16 & M60, hell you can even fire RPG's there if you pay enough. Does that make me or the people that fire those weapons a terrorist?

Your analogy with Chu Lai fails for a very simple reason: your claim of going 'there to handle guns and explosives for fun' is #ing nonsense. Vietnam is over. If you'd have gone to Chu Lai during the Vietnam war, your point about going there for thrill-seeking would have probably have got you shot by American forces.

Now if in 30 years time and India hasn't levelled Pakistan, if some Pakistani entrepreneur wants to open a mini-resort where people can fire guns and let off bombs then fine, let as many Muslims (and non-Muslims) go there for a bit of history re-enactment, a bit of machismo or perhaps to experience how his uncle lived for a while before he blew himself up.

At the moment, whilst there's still hard-line Muslim extremists who really do want to create terrorism - even if it's not on the scale the government are claiming - these people get what they deserve. There's just no real excuse for visiting one of these camps. If someone wants to do a spot of 'terror-ourism'*, then they've got to be prepared for the full-on terrorist experience, not just pick and choose it.

*have I coined a word for this?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Why would someone go all the way to Pakistan to learn to 'play with guns' when the British Army has T.A. branches up and down the country?

It is obvious these people travelled to Pakistan to make contact and train with terrorist organisations.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Walk like a duck.
Speak like a duck.
Look like a duck.

No need for someone to call it a goose.

In this day and age if you are going to a terrorist training camp, you are not going there for some vacationing fun. You are going there to be *gasp at the insight here* trained as a terrorist.

When will people realize that people involved in terrorism are not a misunderstood minority, but people who want to see you - as in you reading or writing about this - dead. It matters not if you consider them simply misunderstood. It matters not if you believe our governments treated them injustly. They want YOU dead. Period. Now, if you want to make excuses for them and allow them to do this, in other words call a duck a goose, then perhaps you should go back to bird watching 101 and learn more about your birds.

I don't mind the idea of trying to learn or figure out what a terrorist thinks, what motivates him/her, what life's circumstances got them to this point in their lives - that can all be useful information. But at the end of the day, they are still a terrorist and should be treated as such, not have excuses made for them.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Britain and there lala land serial of terrorists. What the uk does is mind control these people, and then they pretend people are going to do something.

If you are suspected terrorist in uk you will be mind controled period. They will know everything you think period.

So this news is bull. If there are such things as terrorists they are just mind controlled people destroyed by mi5 or mi6 or whoever.

Look beyond the bull on the news.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think emotions are clouding rational judgement and an understanding of English Law here. I thought I had made my point clearly, obviously not so and I am certainly not making any excuses for a would be terrorist.

If I go to Fagans school of thieving and learn the art of pick-pocketing, that does not overnight turn me into a thief. I have to attempt to perform, conspire to, or actually perform an act of theft in order to be convicted for an offence under the Theft Act. Then I am a thief.

I can go to a school for pilots and receive flight training, it does not automatically make me a pilot.

Not all muslims who visit Pakistan, go with the intention of obtaining training at a terrorist camp. I suggest that there are some who visit out of curiosity, whilst the majority probably do train with a view to going on to perform their Jihad.

And whilst we are on the subject, ask yourself what YOU truly "know" about these camps. In reality you know what you have been told by HMG via the MSM not what you have seen with your own eyes, just like you "knew" about chemical and biological weapons in iraq before the invasion. I ask you to consider that for a moment.

My other point is that at the moment as far as I am aware, it is not an offence to visit one of these training camps, if that is so, why hasn't the Gov't legislated against this?

MERRIAM WEIR,
Please read my posting more closely, at no point did I claim that I went to Chu Lai to handle guns and explosives for fun or thrill seeking nor did I claim to handle any at all. Classic example of people not considering all the information before coming to their conclusions and then giving their opinion.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This isn’t a matter of law it’s the media saying these people are terrorists; what law are they breaking by saying this? It’s not libellous since no specific individuals have been named; that’s the only thing I can think of that might be against the law.

Not all muslims who visit Pakistan, go with the intention of obtaining training at a terrorist camp.

No but it’s pretty likely that all who go to a militant training camp do so with the intention of becoming a militant.

By the way it is illegal to attend a terrorist training camp. See the Terrorism Act 2006

www.opsi.gov.uk...-pb2-l1g8

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
here we go....

London Police Encourage Citizens To Report Contents Of Each Others’ Bins To Prevent Terrorism

Looking back at big brother cameras is also terrorism

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A new London Metropolitan Police anti-terrorism campaign is encouraging law abiding citizens to look through each others’ bins to check for “suspicious” items such as chemical bottles, and to report any troubling findings to the police.

www.prisonplanet.com...

this is having you belive you are in danger by your nice old lady next door..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
This isn’t a matter of law it’s the media saying these people are terrorists; what law are they breaking by saying this? It’s not libellous since no specific individuals have been named; that’s the only thing I can think of that might be against the law.

Not all muslims who visit Pakistan, go with the intention of obtaining training at a terrorist camp.

No but it’s pretty likely that all who go to a militant training camp do so with the intention of becoming a militant.

By the way it is illegal to attend a terrorist training camp. See the Terrorism Act 2006

www.opsi.gov.uk...-pb2-l1g8

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Mike_A]

Mike,
my point is that the government are actively encouraging public hysteria in allowing this sort of journalism and the law still presumes "innocent until proven guilty" therefore i consider it wrong, but it helps deflect attention away from the Economy.

I am aware of the terrorism act and as far as I understand, British law does not apply in Pakistan, I can not find a section which details "training received abroad"

Thanks for the link,

PEACE,
RK

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So you would you advocate the government interfering in what the media reports on? Outside of national security issues that is a dangerous road to go down. It may be scare mongering but it’s the media that’s doing it in this case.

With regard to the text of the Terrorism Act 2006;

8 Attendance at a place used for terrorist training (1) A person commits an offence if—

(a) he attends at any place, whether in the United Kingdom or elsewhere;

As detailed in the explanatory notes this applies across the United Kingdom. So regardless of where a person has received training or their nationality, as soon as they step onto British soil they are in breach of this law.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I do not agree with the government censorship and interfering with what the media reports on and how they present it. I believe in a free press and common sense journalism however, if the government were to admit their role in the MSM, I think they would just come out with some crap like "its in the interest of public safety."

Thanks for the heads up on the anti terror bill relevant section, you are the first person on this thread that actually knew about that

Now all the old bill has to do is get their ID's from the Pakistanni Govt and go and kick their doors in... job done.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The level of government interference in the media is debatable but nevertheless what you seemed to be suggesting was that they should step in a stop this sort of sensationalism. Whether they’re already manipulating the media or not this does amount to open censorship; if you’re fine with that then why not let the government ban negative reports on the economy based on the fact that this might cause panic and further harm the economy.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately another example of political correctness gone mad. You go to a terrorist training camp, you are a terrorist. Simple as. Yes, news like this will cause racial tension but thats all part of the plan. On a lighter note, judging from the map, there seems to be a suspected terrorist in Norfolk. How tricky is it going to be for him to blend into the local population??

top topics

join