It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. student suspended from bus for passing gas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
I think the real story here is why in the heck was this reported on CNN?

Well I live here in Orlando and the story has been making the rounds on the radio lately. Apparently the father is planning to sue the school district (yes our society is ridiculous). The kid was playing around and making jokes, and while that's to be expected, I imagine he must have put up quite a ruckus for the bus driver to get involved.

I think suspending the kid's bus privileges for a week or two would have been the best option. I was 15 not more than a decade ago, and when I was in middle school we were all a little too intelligent for fart humor. I don't know what has happened to Florida public schools since then, but its not good.

Bottom line: if the kid had to pass gas, he should have done it, not made a big deal, and apologized if anyone had a problem with it (when I was younger a simple "excuse me" would have sufficed). He was obviously trying to make an ass of himself, at the expense of everyone's air-space, and he got what he deserved in my opinion. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to smell his odor during my half-hour bus trip every day just because he and his friends think farts are funny.

I'm slightly more disturbed by the other part of the article, about the 13 year-old in Stuart having the police called in for basically the same thing. Since when can't a public school handle a 13 year-old? Why are our tax-funded police playing the role of teachers?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Bottom line: if the kid had to pass gas, he should have done it, not made a big deal, and apologized if anyone had a problem with it (when I was younger a simple "excuse me" would have sufficed).

Yes, but a 15-year old would certainly have learned by that age that if you do it right you can always blame it on somebody else!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If it was unintentional of course nothing should ahve been done, except a few laughs. But this 15 year old was disruptive in many other ways, which warranted a suspension. However, the kid being arrested, that's a bit off, unless he was being violent.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

What was that kid supposed to do when the nearest gas station was too far?t hat did it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join