It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. student suspended from bus for passing gas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Fla. student suspended from bus for passing gas

news.yahoo.com

LAKELAND, Fla. – An eighth-grader was suspended from riding the school bus for three days after being accused of passing gas. The bus driver wrote on a misbehavior form that a 15-year-old teen passing gas on the bus Monday to make the other children laugh, creating a stench so bad that it was difficult to breathe. The bus driver handed the teen the suspension form the next day.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
O thank god for our Florida education system. If we let bad apples like this just flatulate everywhere global warming would accelerate! *Sarcasm Machine off* I REALLY REALLY need to get my daughter out this school system. Seriously passing gas on a bus gets you suspended and doing it in class gets you arrested? They claim it's a disturbance....I say it relieves tension and stress in class and the bus. What say you?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I think it is a rude thing to do on purpose. If it was an accident and one got by him then yea, it would be a harsh punishment.

He was doing it for laughs. Farting in public is a very rude thing to do. I wonder how many times he was warned.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

If they were doing it on purpose to make people laugh, then I have no problem with the suspension. The kid was creating a disturbance.

If the kid was suspended for just passing gas, a natural bodily function, then I would have a problem. But, this wasn't the case with this kid.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I might be behind the times and caught up in disinfo but can't holding it in cause medical issues?

I mean hey, if we cant fart when we want then where's the freedom, lol

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd

O thank god for our Florida education system. If we let bad apples like this just flatulate everywhere global warming would accelerate! *Sarcasm Machine off* I REALLY REALLY need to get my daughter out this school system. Seriously passing gas on a bus gets you suspended and doing it in class gets you arrested? They claim it's a disturbance....I say it relieves tension and stress in class and the bus. What say you?

news.yahoo.com

Also that kid who was arrested wasn't just because he passed gas in the classroom. He was disrupting the class, turning off computers students were using and the teacher couldn't control him.

So the cops were called and he was released to his mother.

Now you know the rest of the story.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wonder if there's not more to the story...if this kid is a troublemaker of sorts....15 in grade 8 seems a little ridiculous! Perhaps, if the kid was being reprimanded somehow and did it as a form of disrespect, it might be the straw that breaks the camel's back so to speak. Will be interesting to see how the parents pursue this one!

Michelle

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

In extreme cases, it might. If one got by him then thats excusable, but he was doing it for the fun of it.

I don't know how many people, besides the OP and his/her daughter, who is going to say farting in public isn't rude.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

Good catch.

I didn't connect the age and the grade.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yeah I tend to agree nothing more than the surface report was given so bound to be more to it. That being said, IF , and I emphasize IF, this is the main point of contention, being a disturbance through flatulance on the bus, this is a little too much. For chrissakes we used to have shaving cream and waterballon fights on the busrides home on the last day of school ( granted some20 years ago). Doing something like that today might cause the swat team to be dispatched. And for the record it is RUDE to do in public , however children in general think bodily functions are funny. It has been that way for a long long time. And I do instruct my daughter on etiquette and manners, so don't try to bring that implication to me and mine.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by djvexd]

[edit on 24-3-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

As someone mentioned, 15 in 8th grade, ya he could just be a problem child.

To me it all depends on where you are on if it would be rude... A bus full of kids, and one of them farting doesn't yell out rudeness to me. Just kids being kids.

If my body says I gotta do something I'm gonna do it, lol. Maybe if I'm on an elavator or in an important meeting I'll hold it, but public transportation? Ya I'll let it free then...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

15 year old farting for the amusement of his buddies is rude. A 8 year old doing it is a kid being a kid.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There's a lesson to be learnt here folks, fart silently. Do it on the sly and blame it on the scruffy looking bloke behind you.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That bus driver obviously has never seen the South Park episode that graphically shows what happens if you don't fart.

BOOM!

That bus driver should be lucky I wasn't in the neighborhood.

After a good chili I step out of elevators as only survivor.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yes, this kind of misbehavior is nothing new -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6806a26058f8.gif[/atsimg]

Suspension of bus privleges is probably the kinder gentler response, I think ...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by djvexd

If they were doing it on purpose to make people laugh, then I have no problem with the suspension. The kid was creating a disturbance.

Suspension for farting deliberately to make other kids laugh?

That's just Ridiculous.

And one can't really deliberately fart if they ain't got gas building up down there.The kid probably thought it will be abit of a laugh if he let off a loud one.But that doesn't mean the bus driver should have a problem with his behaviour.Maybe the bus driver was alergic to his farts.

I guess next they will start suspending kids for having a bad breath because they forgot to brush their teeth.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hurray. I have been waiting for over 2 years for a subject on ATS that I am an expert on.
(I suppose you really do have to be careful for what you wish for.)

Back OT:
I suppose there is more to story. Perhaps the kid was ugly or had a high-pitched squeaky voice or bad acne. Further justifiable offenses.

Glad it wasn't a SBD from a mystery sniper-pooter.

At least they ejected him before he got to school and purged himself. Then we'd have a real ATS worthy story......Unidentified Floating Object observed at Florida Public School.

Just allow me to say two words..............beano.

Regards......KK

[edit on 24-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yep, it's rude to fart in public. At fifteen he should have learned that by now. Someday he may be in the market for a job and farting during his interview probably won't get him far.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Since when could children drive buses? I'm shocked frankly. Perhaps its a Florida thing, but I hope this changes asap.

People that are afraid of farting in public shouldn't enforce their fears on others. If it suits a person, so be it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think the real story here is why in the heck was this reported on CNN? I was watching, laughed (as it is pretty funny), but then began to wonder why it was nation-wide-news worthy. (This is just another example of the crap, no pun intended, passed, again no pun intended, for news)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join