It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory for Intra-Multiversal Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As I write this, it may be possible that there are an infinite number of alternate selves writing similar threads. Being a Sci-Fi fan, I've seen the theory of parallel universes riddled in many various shows and episodes. Perhaps disclosure is happening but it's something we've never expected?

In current theories of physics we find that space, time and energy (aka mass) are inter-connected. We find that the mass can actually bend space-time creating what we know of as gravity. To visualize this: think of a mattress top as our spacetime continuum. If we put a marble onto the mattress it will leave a slight indent however if we put a bowling ball on the same mattress it will create a much larger indent. If you put the marble a few inches away from the bowling ball the marble will likely roll towards the bowling ball. This indentation is a representation of the warpage of space and time and how it creates an effect we know of as gravity. it's why the Moon's gravity is less than Earth's and Earth's gravity is less than the Sun's.

We also find that an accelerated (kinematic) mass can warp this spacetime in a similar manner and that increased warpage equates to increased mass, gravity and time dilation. The best example for this concept of time dilation is our need to update the clocks on our satellites orbiting earth consistently as their speed in relation to us creates this time dilation effect.

In grade school I remember picking up a book about ghosts. I was fascinated at the claims being made regarding different types of phenomena and my curiosity continued into the fields of UFOs, Bigfoot, the Bermuda Triangle and so on. In one sense I consider myself to be a rational person. I don't believe in anything without proof but I don't discount it either. When I was young I wanted to be theoretical physicist, I enjoyed reading about Einstein and learning about relativity however my career path led me into another direction. My math skills are weak though, and as I recall so were Albert's at one time... But two things we had in common were a strong sense of imagination and visualization.

And with the above being said let us create a thought experiment. We understand that a small moving or kinematic mass can create the same amount of spacetime warpage as a large stationary mass relative to an observer. Now let us "upgrade" our mattress to one of those fancy water-bed mattresses for the purpose of this thought experiment.

Now how can we create the waves we see above on our psuedo water-bed? Mass cannot simply be created with any means we know of and then vanish into nothingness. This would have the effect of us throwing a pebble at our water-bed creating the circularly extending waves. Instead it is in our power to take a relatively small mass and accelerate it to create the warp.

Being of limited means we humans devise a method of creating a warp but the warp is miniscule. Visually lets us see it as us slightly nudging the water-bed with a pencil. To do this we build something that looks like a bicycle wheel. In the tire tube we have an charged mass such as plasma and with enough energy we can accellerate this mass around the wheel. And so with a lot of power our plasma spins around this wheel at a very high speed (yet small in relation to the speed of light) and we create our small warp in our pseudo water-bed.

But the warp is small and almost unnoticeable. How do we make it stronger? Well we use the concept of wave mechanics. Much like we do when we ride on a swing. We push at the right moment and it causes us to go higher and higher.

And so we use computer models and highly accurate timings to create these pulses that gently poke at our water-bed over and over creating a larger and yet larger spacetime wave effect. And now the big question:

What happens when we push too far and our pencil tip actually punctures the surface of our water bed?

Well this is where the multiverse concept comes into play. Conceptually our pencil tip is now inside the water-bed.

In actuality our pencil tip is now in an alternate universe.

It is my believe that the spacetime fabric has a psuedo water tension can be punctured with the right physics. It is also my belief that some of the weird to very weird phenomena people claim (such as Bigfoot) are actually temporary glimpses into alternate universes. Possible earths where upright hairy primates roam.

Most importantly, it is my belief that in our very near future our scientists will be exploring this realm of physics. Much like the atom smashers we use today: we will eventually open a new field of study around breaking this spacetime water-tension using matter accelerated around a ring.

What will happen is that our bicycle wheel will be placed upright. A camera will then be placed on one end looking through the ring (where the spokes and axle of our bicycle wheel are) and at the other end we will have something such as a sheet of paper with randomly created 1's and 0's or even a mirror. As we pulse the plasma around the wheel on and off we will be creating our wave effect. We eventually will puncture spacetime and be peaking into another universe:

One in which the 1's and 0's on the sheet of paper don't match our own. Or to put it simply: the corresponding image on the mirror shows us bewilderd at our own reflection reacting and behaving differently. Perhaps wearing different clothing, being a different sex or being bologically different.

After these experiments prove this effect. The study into this field will move into intraversal travel. Ships that can warp spacetime. We will find that the best methodology to attain this is by a saucer shaped vehicle. And we will furthermore find that:

a) UFO phenomena people report is usually intra-versal travelers from alternate Earths

b) The reason for the varying design of said UFOs is due to the varied differences between our multiverses

CONTINUED...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
CONTINUED

c) Multiverses at the closer reaches to our own multi-versal frame of reference are more similar to us and conversely the further (requiring more energy) the more different. At oppsosite ends of this spectrum we have an earth where the superior race of the planet could be a bigfoot looking tall hairy primate or conversely the superior race is an alien like highly intelligent, small bodied, large headed humanoid figure.

d) That when we make the discovery of intra-versal travel - so will the nearly infinite alternate universes near our multi-versal frame of reference.

So to put it bluntly ladies and gentlemen. Please put your seat in an upright position, your tray tables up and fasten your seatbelts. Within the next 10 years we will be seeing an EXPLOSION of UFO phenomena and indeed make contact with other multiverse travelers.

And we will eventually do the same.

Obsidience

PS: If you are like me and believe that there must be a method to the madness that is our universe and that this theory may be the key to unlocking this mystery: please star and flag this thread!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by obsidience]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by obsidience

I believe it is Density that must be looked at, not mass. It is the density of a dying star that creates a black hole supposedly by falling in on it self like folded steel over and over and over again till you've got a blade that can cut through anything....make any sense?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by obsidience

From what I understand, water can only be compressed so far then it stops in a completely sealed environment. I always found that to be interesting and that there is something hidden in that equation we are missing.

Sorry for the blurbs, but cool thread.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah but it's not density its gravity. Its own gravitational field becomes so strong that it turns it's space inside out so to speak. A black hole is a hole in space time. It's what would occur if you punctured the fabric of space time with your "pencil". So you see it would be too dangerous especially to do it any where near earth.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well I do understand the concept of a black hole and it's event horizon I don't feel that a massive amount of mass or energy is needed to tear space time as you say.

Think of it this way. If you have a trampoline and you want to break through the surface of it. Do you use a sledge hammer and give it a good wallup or do you use something small and smarter such as a utility knife?

That's really my point. I feel that with our level of technology we will soon be able to devise a utility knife that can manipulate and eventually control gravimetric fields using wave mechanics principals.

Obsidience

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I must say that I'm bewildered at the lack of interest in this theory. I'm also saddened that this got move out of the science forums as this is a scientific theory based on generally regarded sound theories.

I've heard much regarding the concepts of space/time distortion or warpage. Even topics about gravity waves and folding of space time due to rotating masses such as the earth. I have not once heard a theory about puncturing through the space time barrier using a means we have available to us now.

What I'm suggesting is that gravity is a wave. If we accelerate an object around the diameter of a point we can create a small gravity wave. If we accelerate and decelerate with the proper timings we can create a stronger and stronger wave that is emitting gravity and then anti-gravity over and over again like a pendulum rocking back and forth. If we continue to build the wave up eventually it may be possible that we create enough force to actually puncture through space and time.

What will happen? I don't know.... But it's a decent theory and I'd love to hear opinions about it's viability.

Obsidience

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thats right its called a WARP SIGNATURE star trek Druidia told you , its hard cause you gotta have not just the hype bubble around yer plane you gotta have the spark to ignite in the vacum of space and fly with the warp signature " ONLy Druidia have that and only them with a absolute Zero fighter " the actual zero that does light cpabilites in space with the 4 engines stacked and yeah there is no signature there but the engine room for the bubble that is the Jordi laforge type that can help keep the warp on and excelerate it with computers , very complex but thats starfleet and they are speed cops in thier universe far away i hear .

yeah flyin to the tula farm cploex or whadever yeah ok we can hide the old stock non KOA so franny cant get her , she can hang in the 2 solars here bring em all in and we wont see Tula again " yay " we keep that indian here ok midwivery yeah in progress nature of things but buddy thats it we will have fun flyin the other of the 2 indians back to the farm with the few tula dudes but till then yeah back up the 3 banks in the south prarie and such with bullion soon to keep interest in midwifestockage .

Kool ...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by johnstnpilot]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Man, I feel like I just woke up in some dark back alley...

To clarify johnstnpilot, this is not a warp field generator ala Star Trek (though I guess it does generate a warp field). It's more like an infinite improbability drive from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

It's not for travel, from point A to point B in the same universe. Its to travel from point A to point A in different universes.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience
What I'm suggesting is that gravity is a wave. If we accelerate an object around the diameter of a point we can create a small gravity wave.

Let me guess what you're trying to suggest here is creating a non-uniform acceleration, thus the need to have it around a point? m/s2/s? There's a term for that, I just forgot what it's called

If that's what you're attempting, you can use Sine Wave instead because it's simpler.

Gravity waves do exist, but they are better studied between collision of two very massive objects such as stars or galactic nuclei(supermassive black holes). Not sure if usable waves can be created using 'user-friendly' scales. Of course these are just theories, first we must create gravity wave generators which in order to build, we must first have an understanding of the true nature of gravity and how they are created.

If you want to create high gravity gradients with such, you will need to have a sphere of gravity wave generators, and converging all the waves in a single point at the center of the sphere. You could also resonate the waves, but I don't know how you can reflect gravity waves back and forth..

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I look at it differently.

We humans and animals ect...
Are all connect how?
Energy...No matter how you want to look at it we are connected by the same energy...it made me ..you..everything in existence....

And guess what?

We are always connected..even to the farthest planet in the universe..we are connect by the same energy.
The energy does not stop here or there..it's ever expanding..
It can not die.
So in theory if We figure out what energy really is...it will be a hip and a skip to anywhere or anything you heart desire's.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
ahnggk,

Your idea of using a sphere of gravity wave generators it implies that you truly understand what I'm talking about. The spherical concept sounds like it would allow for more force into a central area. I like it and thanks for your reply!

Obsidience

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

This is absolutely true, but first we have to figure out exactly what this energy is.

My opinion is that it is an underlying force of energy affecting all aspects of physical structure.

So gravity and electromagnetism are not viewed as forces but simply as dynamic effects of this underlying energy.

Consequently if you want to control gravity you have to control the underlying energy affecting gravity.

Sounds simple eh?

I would call this underlying force of energy "non-linear time field frequency acceleration."

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wdavidb

wdavidb,

The "non-linear time field frequency acceleration" rings true to me. Essentially time does accelerate with higher degrees of gravity and this effect is non-linear. Gravity may not be a force but an effect of something. Our understanding of the four forces (strong, electromagnetic, weak, gravitational) may be an effect of mass/energy seeking lower entropy.

I'm currently playing with the idea that perhaps gravity is a field that can cross the threshold of universes. The idea is that usually objects tend to seek lower entropy. An apple will tend to fall to the ground. A hot pan tends to cool etc.

So what if gravity is the effect of multiple universes seeking lower entropy? Lower entropy being the lowering of the number of places that an object exists.

Essentially a galaxy that exists at point A in one universe and point B in another universe will tend to attract each other across universes. Hence many of the earths in other universes are at or near our current position and speed relative to the sun and so on.

If such an entropy exists it may eventually lead to a "big crunch" in which all matter in all universes combine at a single point.

Obsidience

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure if your first image is accurate, since there is no up or down in space, I would think that the gravitational field in that image would be encompassing the whole planet instead of just going down..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience

So what if gravity is the effect of multiple universes seeking lower entropy? Lower entropy being the lowering of the number of places that an object exists.

Essentially a galaxy that exists at point A in one universe and point B in another universe will tend to attract each other across universes. Hence many of the earths in other universes are at or near our current position and speed relative to the sun and so on.

If such an entropy exists it may eventually lead to a "big crunch" in which all matter in all universes combine at a single point.

Obsidience

This might help you understand the role of entropy with regards to gravity: Entropy doesn't always work!! It may not prove gravity either, but the concept could solve ALL our energy problems......

From little of what I understand of Quantum Mechanics, hypothetical particles and/or waves doesn't always obey entropy or the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics or not work at all. Since we are dealing with the basic form of matter. Atoms which produce gravity either together or alone..

And for all we know, we aren't sure how atoms make gravity, for example, interaction of uniquely vibrating electro-magnetic fields against the virtual particles/waves in the space between subatomic particles - and I really like that to be the case, we could just study subatomic particles more in depth, duplicate their em properties, and be able to generate gravity(or similarly, 'warp field') without mass.

..And much of it is dealt with Quantum Mechanics, got to study more.. We may have the technology already, we just lack the know-how..........

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
I'm not sure if your first image is accurate, since there is no up or down in space, I would think that the gravitational field in that image would be encompassing the whole planet instead of just going down..

You are correct and the image is a 2 dimensional view of what a 3d+ phenomena would look like. It makes the concept easier to understand.

Obsidience

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

An interesting video with some of the basic concepts of my post. A pulsed ferro superfluid centrifuge should be able to create a gravity / anti-gravity waves that could bend space/time further and further with enough time and energy.

top topics

join