It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Could Spend 25 Years in Prison for Allegedly Torturing Cat, Setting It on Fire

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Hey cool because that's what the nazis said remember

It's a Jew

It's a Jew

how is this in any way related to the holocaust

why is it that anything slightly or appearing to be anti-Jewish or having to do with innocent creatures being killed automatically inspires this.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Originally posted by Dark Jester
reply to post by Solomons

At first it starts with a cat and then it leads to a human being.

Alot of people started this way and then lead to a human

Thats simply bad psychology from your part.

are you kidding, that is psychology. Abnormal psychology, proven many times by serial killers again and again. Damn, it is even part of the profile of a serial killer. Where are you getting your ideas and what are your credentials and qualifications to say such a thing?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
25 years is that it????????
regardless of so called religion,ethics,moral standards, if i ever knew someone or was around when this happend i would take there life just as they did a innocent cat,i don't care if i got life just as long as i rub theres out ,it would give me some remorse for the poor cat.
some people see it as a view that it is only a animal,true its an animal but it has feelings probably a lot more meaningful and deeper than we will ever know in our lifetime alive on earth,its times like this you wish something would hapen to the world to get rid of the human filth that exists,if that meant it would wipe out the rest of the good people as well, so be it.

its no good for the cat or the people deeply hurt by reading news like this but i wanted to tell you a quote my brother said to me when i lost my cat who is my soul mate who got killed on a road
"this is a test ,this life were living its a test"

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Tankthinker, this is not a discussion about the finepoints of pure logic and reason. So please stop dissecting my every word. You know exactly what I mean to say. If I look hard enough, I could probably find fault in the argumentation or wording in regardless any statement made by regardless any person here on the forum. Instead, I look at the gist of the matter. What's the overall point ? Please stop knitpicking.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanpierre

then please state your purpose more clearly so i can make a counter argument that is not considered "knit-picking" in your point-of-view

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think it's fair, the killing of animals is one of the first signs of a pathological problem, usually leading to murdering/serial killing.

I

I agree 100%

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seasick
I went back and read the whole article, so I understand there were other charges against these kids, but still, 25 years is ridiculous...and why was the cat torturing portion so sensationalized? That's what drew most people in like a vortex. Why don't the people so passionate about animals calling for death and maiming or worse for these two misguided doofuses feel the same compassion for humans? I've known owners of vicious animals that have actually attacked and mauled small children who insist that "Oh, Fluffy is harmless, he just needs to be rehabilitated and retrained". Where is the sympathy for these two boys who may indeed need to be rehabilitated and retrained? Animals aren't going to work to make our society a better place, only we humans can do that. I risk my life to stay in shape becase dog owners around here think it's 'cool' to leave their unsocialized OE sheepdogs chained about 5 inches from the sidewalk to menace kids and passerbys jogging. Others think it's cool to let their large dogs roam leash free, and some do chase. So please don't forgive my view from the "other side", although I have a cat too. I'm not trying to derail this thread at all, but I am genuinely curious as to why die hard animal lovers have such little regard for human suffering, but the moment Sara MacLaughlan (sp) gets on that telemercial singing sad songs about blind and abandoned dogs, or a cat gets tortured, all the sympathy in the universe comes pouring out of you. These young men are suffering and they are in some form of emotional need, and they need some tough love and sympathy. They're not hardened serial rapists, they're two little delinquents that need an intervention, not the book thrown at them.

because like babies, toddlers, the elderly, the mentally disabled and any other form of life that is ,not by their own choice, incapable of being the dominant being and is weaker or less able to defend itself we AUTOMATICALLY feel for and stand up for because they can't do it for themselves. No one in here said they didn't feel for unwarranted human suffering. (maybe not these guys because they have earned some suffering by what they did) Any defenseless being exploited and being dominated is wrong no matter the form. And just because it is done everyday by many does not make something right, just makes everyone wrong. 25 years, 3 meals a day, no bills to pay, no job to work. You honestly think that is punishment? To me it is insufficient and is only going to teach them how to be better criminals. You need to be sure that you are not doing things or thinking things are ok just because other people do. I urge you to think for yourself, for real. Always weigh he right or wrongness of something against how you feel in your soul about it, not how the majority does. The majority is often wrong, so very very wrong, that is one of democracies biggest flaws. I am not saying is isn't the best system so far, but it has SERIOUS flaws for the individual who doesn't like being swept up with the tide. Just remember, humans are not the most important beings on this planet. We are no more important than the blade of grass or the clouds in the sky. We are all a part of it all and it is all essential and all is important the same. It is what these men have done that brings people out, it is the fear of what is in their souls that could have let them do such a thing. Putting them away is not punishment for what they have done, it is a solution to get those who have the capability for such a horror away from society. Since we have not yet figured out how to immediately exorcise these evils from their sould then we have to put them somewhere where the only ones they can damage are others with that same evil. (problem there is that amongst all that evil there are good people in prison who shouldn't be there, whose crimes hurt no one and required no evil in the soul to commit. )

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Have you all lost your minds?? It is an animal for christs sake!!!! So what if it was 'living...' So are snakes, and turtles.... Would you throw someone in prison for that long for breaking and entering plus killing a garden snake? NO, you wouldn't.... Just because they are cute and furry and make good pets all of a sudden they gain that much status??? YOU LUNATICS! You animal rights people make me so angry, you defy logic and ethics!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

i would of given them 50 years........
terrible these kids need help this is maniac behaviour which no doubt will progress into something even worse......

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

Damn straight...an example must be made...25 may be too long for disaffected youth...perhaps less and mandatory psych exams...I believe in reform, when it's backed up with social action in the community (the part of rehab we tend to SEVERELY lack in our country)

Don't think I feel less about cats (I've had 1/2 a dozen in my life...currently two. - I ended a friendship with someone after they did not see my side of the moral issue of (him) having tortured a stray to death while drunk. I would have forgiven him, but I realized my supposed friend lacked the moral understanding of the wrongness of his act...(no empathy whatsoever) "It's just a stray cat," he said.

That's the mentality that leads people to "It's just a homeless person" (who apparently we can't feed, so maybe we might as well light them on fire to get rid of them - that's hyperbole, by the way).

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Have you all lost your minds?? It is an animal for christs sake!!!! So what if it was 'living...' So are snakes, and turtles.... Would you throw someone in prison for that long for breaking and entering plus killing a garden snake? NO, you wouldn't.... Just because they are cute and furry and make good pets all of a sudden they gain that much status??? YOU LUNATICS! You animal rights people make me so angry, you defy logic and ethics!

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU QUOTED..........the end

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
this is ridiculous, if it was a cow or rat no one would care,

humans own the planet, we should have the right to exploit the lesser species

A. I care about all animals no matter what. ALL OF THEM. And not just animals. Everything. There is nothing I would say "i don't care" about. Nothing. I love cows, I love rats, I love lizards, flowers, trees, the wind, everything, including you. It is easier to love the other things because they do absolutely NOTHING to make me NOT love them. The same cannot be said for humans.

B. The only reason anyone can say we OWN the planet is because ownership is a state of mind that humans made up. Humans made up the word, the practice, the delusion, the law. Nothing else on this planet is forced to conform to that law because they believe in it. They conform because humans force them to or they kill them. Please think about it. Possession is a state of mind. Our whole way of life is not truth, it is our collective delusion, an agreed upon illusion, a collective psycholife, a satiation, it isn't real. You are sick, unevolved piece of bullcrap if you think just because of that we have the right to devour and destroy. Rights are also a state of mind, an accepted delusion. Please, please, search your sould and ask yourself if you REALLY feel this way because it is just as frightening as what these boys did. You views come from the same place this horrendous act came from. Please, examine your truth. If this is truly how you feel at the deepest and most honest part of your soul then admit it and live in. Admit what these boys did, in your mind, wasn't wrong at all. That you think they were just exercising their human right to dominate, torture and kill. And also admit that you would like to do it to.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

no point here i already tried telling them, they seem to avoid our arguments and try to just focus on agreeing with each other,

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caminhando
reply to post by simonecharisse

That's the mentality that leads people to "It's just a homeless person" (who apparently we can't feed, so maybe we might as well light them on fire to get rid of them - that's hyperbole, by the way).

yeah, or "it's just a baby" or "it's just a house" or "it's just an old lady in a wheelchair" or "it's just my ex-girlfriend"

Where does it end and who are any of us to judge the significance or importance of anyone or anything. Can any of you honestly say that you are qualified to judge?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by Solomons

They set fire.

To a living being.

25 years is a ludicrous amount of time..and i read the article thankyou very much.

The reality is that there is something fundamentally flawed with these individuals psyche's. Their brains are mis-wired. They tortured something ( a cat) for fun and enjoyment. Unfortunately jail won't fix them so they should be put away at a mental hospital until their brains work right which may be never.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Truth of the matter is, all of you including myself will eventually forget all about this. In this disgusting world I am sure that two days from now it will be something else. Something sadistic, somewhere, something that will enrage us, prompt us to pour our emotions out on ATS again.....It's just "this"...it's just "that"....True we will forget about this story and this cat. The owners of that cat however will not. I pray for them.

Moreso, I pray for those teenagers who at one time were small children, as innocent as that cat....what could possibly be the motivating factor ?? Are we to just "throw away the key" and forget about them....I dunno....nuff said.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by catseyequeen
A. I care about all animals no matter what. ALL OF THEM. And not just animals. Everything. There is nothing I would say "i don't care" about. Nothing. I love cows, I love rats, I love lizards, flowers, trees, the wind, everything, including you. It is easier to love the other things because they do absolutely NOTHING to make me NOT love them. The same cannot be said for humans.

well that a very optimistic way to see the world, and i congratulate you on your views, (not being sarcastic)

B. The only reason anyone can say we OWN the planet is because ownership is a state of mind that humans made up.

and so is love, kindness and caring,

Humans made up the word, the practice, the delusion, the law. Nothing else on this planet is forced to conform to that law because they believe in it. They conform because humans force them to or they kill them. Please think about it. Possession is a state of mind. Our whole way of life is not truth, it is our collective delusion, an agreed upon illusion, a collective psycholife, a satiation, it isn't real.

humans are the smartest and fittest of the species, we control the physical world, therefore we are free to exact our delusions anyway we want, i do agree with you that it is a delusion but that is irrelevant to whether we are able to carry it out or not.

You are sick, unevolved piece of bullcrap if you think just because of that we have the right to devour and destroy. Rights are also a state of mind, an accepted delusion.

sick? perhaps, unevolved? i think not, you yourself said that you love all things therefore you would not kill in self defense, because essentially the practice of love involves liking something to an extreme degree more than liking yourself, my ideals push for domination of that which can potentially kill me, so therefore i more likely to survive in the world, and my genes to contine meaning i am technically more evolved.

Please, please, search your soul and ask yourself if you REALLY feel this way because it is just as frightening as what these boys did. You views come from the same place this horrendous act came from. Please, examine your truth. If this is truly how you feel at the deepest and most honest part of your soul then admit it and live in. Admit what these boys did, in your mind, wasn't wrong at all. That you think they were just exercising their human right to dominate, torture and kill. And also admit that you would like to do it to.

what soul?

i admit that what they did was their right to dominate, torture and kill

i admit that i would NOT like to do it because killing and torturing for no purpose or gain is for sadistic fools, which i am not

i do think the punishment is extreme, but i think the boys deserve what they get because they were stupid enough to get caught

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I consider myself to be an animal lover and think that torturing animals is disgusting as I imagine most people do. However, I cannot even begin to understand locking a couple of teens up for their entire youth for this. Assuming they serve the full sentence, they will be in their forties by the time they are out. It seems much too harsh of a punishment.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I could only hope that (perhaps a fellow ATS'er) could find these kids and reminiscent of the movie "Powder", put the fear and pain, the suffering of that cat into their heads if only just for a moment. Were this possible the lesson would be learned, period. Wishful thinking. I'd also wish the same experience for anybody who says "it's just a -insert animal here-"....

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker

no point here i already tried telling them, they seem to avoid our arguments and try to just focus on agreeing with each other,

I think there is a very clear argument here but neither of us is going to concede to the other's viewpoint so it is simply a place to sound off.

I mean, what is it exactly that you want, all us people who think the boys are pure evil to come over to your side of the fence? We aren't arguing for you to come to our side.

From what I have noticed there are two major points going on here.

1. 25 years is too long and these boys should get a slap on the wrist or a medal

2. 25 years is not long or hard enough and these boys should be tortured and burned at the stake

And most of the posts fall somewhere in between.

So what is it exactly you want?

This is how people feel. You cannot argue with that because feelings cannot be reasoned with. They aren't meant for that. People are just posting their gut reactions to such an horror.

oh, and personally, I believe in eye for an eye. Doesn't matter what the matter. Prison is only an appropriate response to those who have imprisoned someone else. If people were actually made to feel or experience what they did to other people or things then perhaps they would learn once and for all how they want to be treated and to treat others accordingly. That why humans treat each other and the world so badly, because they are never made to feel the pain they cause.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join