It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Could Spend 25 Years in Prison for Allegedly Torturing Cat, Setting It on Fire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

foxnews.com... teenagers could spend 25 years in prison for allegedly torturing and killing a cat they set on fire when they broke into an apartment in New York City.

Angelo Monderoy, 18, and Matthew Cooper, 17, allegedly broke into a vacant apartment in Brooklyn, N.Y., on or around Oct. 7, 2008. Kings County District Attorney Charles J. Hynes said the pair held the cat down as they poured charcoal lighter fluid on it.

I bet they won't be laughing when they get owned in lock up

Links and tags , Please.
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Mar 22 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How ridiculous, what are the youth thinking these days?

I think it's fair, the killing of animals is one of the first signs of a pathological problem, usually leading to murdering/serial killing.

I assume they are up at the 25yr sentence because of the B&E aswell as destruction of property and animal cruelty.

There must be several charges for the sentence to be so long. Regular animal cruelty I don't think carries a penalty longer than 5 years or something like that.

~Keeper

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm a cat parent, so you JUST KNOW I approve of those humanoid monsters going away for life, and "get(ting) owned" by some big burly lonesome inmates.
I have gaurdian'd birds and cats, and had discovered, only through doing so, that they really are little people in fur and feather coats. They display these amazingly unique personalities, and sometimes when you are alone with them, they do stuff that if you told others, you'd probably not be believed. I have discovered that cats and dogs actually really -- laugh -- when they think something is funny. It's simply paradigm-busting, to the old-world Dark Ages (sic)'axiom' "dumb animals".
One time, I was moving out of an apartment, to relocate into another one, and my cat thought I was leaving him. I took this wooly neck pillow, and placed it on top of all the other stuff stacked up on my moving-handtruck. He kept jumping up and grabbing it, and taking it a couple feet away from me, as if to say "don't leave me and take all this stuff, I won't let you". He was mewing in distress, not playing. It was heartbreaking! (Until 'mommy' took him with finally, too!")

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is...just absolutely ridiculous..they should obviously be punished for breaking and entering+ animal cruelty...but 25years?...really...what a way to clog up the system.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

They set fire...

to a living being.

There were stories of trashbags being thrown onto highways full of unwanted puppies and or kittens in my area a few years back, I would argue that, at least, that was relatively quick when compared to setting something ON FIRE.

[edit on 3/22/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

They set fire.

To a living being.

25 years is a ludicrous amount of time..and i read the article thankyou very much.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree it's shocking what they did. A cat to me is like a human being, they are full of emotion and needs just like a human, yet their innocence amazes me.

But will prison really help them?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

it was a cat

it was a cat

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not even an animal person, but what in the world possesses someone to set a living being on fire.

I just don't get it. Where's the motivation to do it. The things people decide to do is grotesque.

I don't think they should get 25 years. Just do the Iran thing, we'll put charcoal fluid on them, ignite, and see if they'll ever do it again.

+1 more 
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
This is...just absolutely ridiculous..they should obviously be punished for breaking and entering+ animal cruelty...but 25years?...really...what a way to clog up the system.

If someone broke into your house and tortured your pet, you probably wouldn't want to see them in public either. You have to understand, all life is precious, and to some people, pets such as cats and dogs are family.

I can't imagine what would possess a person to do something so hideous, but as someone said before it is probably a combination of psychological issues and general criminal intent. Either way, they shouldn't be walking around in public for at least a couple of decades, if at all.

link   
reply to post by Seany

What if it had been your cat?

Look the bottom line is you can't go around hurting other life forms for fun, it's just plain wrong.

And they may be up against 25 years but no judge is going to sentence them to that, they might get 5 to 10 and get released year 3 for good behaviour.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

25 years is appropriate maximum possibility for someone who has so little regard for something that lives and breaths as they would douse something with an accelerant and set fire to it.

Go visit a burn ward and ask the people there what it feels like to burn alive.

[edit on 3/22/2009 by eNumbra]

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by eNumbra

it was a cat

it was a cat

It was a baby

it was a baby.

Would your tone change? A baby isn't exactly the most clever thing around, does that make their life less worthy than an adult? If not. Why would a cat be less worthy?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Im sorry i actually have two cats..and 25 years is like i said..ludicrous,yes this is a despicable act and they should be punished along with breaking and entering,25 years though? no that just plain silly.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Every person on this planet eats a killed living being.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

When instead of slaughtering them and then cooking them we cut out the middle man and roast them ALIVE.

You'll have a point. Until then your post has no relevance.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Were not however slauthering them for fun and setting them on fire are we?

They weren't preparing to barbe Q the thing (no pun intended) and have it for lunch were they? I didn't think so.

Your correct in what you say, we do all eat something that has been killed, but a cat is a domestic pet, it's a part of a persons family, if not then why do you have a cat? Seems a bit foolish...

I agree that 25 years is a little harsh, as I stated above. But there is no poster here who will be able to convince me or anybody else with some common sense, that this is in any way justified or ok, because it's just a cat.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

At first it starts with a cat and then it leads to a human being.

Alot of people started this way and then lead to a human

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by eNumbra

Every person on this planet eats a killed living being.

This is not about killing, this is about torturing, burning a living being to death for no purpose, a waste.

A good farmer will give his sheep a beautiful, fullfilling life, full of care and happiness, EVEN if the farmer will eventually have to kill it and eat it.

The basic unwritten rule humans have is to not hurt anything unless necessarry, torturing an animal for fun is pathetic.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join