It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Could Spend 25 Years in Prison for Allegedly Torturing Cat, Setting It on Fire

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The only thing I can honestly say I love more than my cats is my family, husband and kids! The thought of someone doing that to any animal is sickening I wouldn't care if it was a darn squirrel. These young men are already well on their way to a full fledged criminal career. Please don't overlook their previous crimes or the fact they could have burned that entire building down. Though to see those little creeps burn would surely be fair play, the danger is obvious.

Prison does not solve much and certainly would not do them any good. I could honestly give a hoot about those rotten kids, if left free it won't be long before their sadism isn't satisfied with hurting animals. What would be perfect is to put them in one of the many hospitals for the criminally insane. I do hope these kids get a prison term, though as much as I hate what they did, 25 is a bit much.

If anyone did that to my cats I can't imagine what I would do. As so many here have said hurting them would be the only thing on my mind, hopefully I wouldn't be able to find them until I got my wits about me or I would end up in prison. red

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

If indeed they did this, let them burn burn burn in jail. Way better than any chair or lethal injection. That's just a ticket to nowhere land.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by eNumbra

Every person on this planet eats a killed living being.

At least I don't burn my meal before it is dead. I do that afterwards on the BBQ

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
25 years isn't long enough for these idiots. First its animal torture then they move on to tasty humans.

Jeffrey Dahmer, as a kid, got his start by torturing animals in the crawl space under his parents home.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Why not just shoot the bastards. The planets overcrowded as it is, a couple less mouths to feed and 2 less carbon footprints. Happy days.

I was talking about the teenagers, not the cats.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
This is the usa, no comment.

In China, they hit 1000's of cats on the head with a hammer, rip off their skin, and throw them in vats of boiling water, Alive. Then they prepare and serve them to their hungry customers.

Let's go over and Get these Chinese killers, hear?

Ever see any utube vids on animal food processing? Many of these powerful processing plant owners should get 1000 yrs. for their 'sanctioned' brutality.

It's been pointed out before in this thread but some people are still not seeing the blatant differences when arguing what is right and what is wrong. However barbaric the methods used in the example above, it is not a fair comparison as the teenagers were not killing the animal to eat it, they killed it for kicks. There is a BIG difference. Understand?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

I understand...it's You who don't understand. Put your perception where you're mouth is, and go watch some of the vids I suggested: many incidents of sheer 'brutal torture,' which were caught on vid and revealed.

It had nothing to do with the food supply: I worked in a biologicals dept. annexed to a 'kill' room (for animal parts): warnings were constantly given out: "No more torturing the animals: just the directed method of slaughter." It usually worked for a few weeks. Bad incidents, lots of people involved.

Don't fool yourself. Wake up.

Understand?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think a good punishment would be for them to go around every city park and yard and dig up cat poop with their bare hands for the next 25 years. Then when all that is done, be thrown into that pile of cat poop for another 25.

That should occupy their time nicely to prevent them from harming another cat, or anything else for that matter.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester

foxnews.com... teenagers could spend 25 years in prison for allegedly torturing and killing a cat they set on fire when they broke into an apartment in New York City.

Angelo Monderoy, 18, and Matthew Cooper, 17, allegedly broke into a vacant apartment in Brooklyn, N.Y., on or around Oct. 7, 2008. Kings County District Attorney Charles J. Hynes said the pair held the cat down as they poured charcoal lighter fluid on it.

I'm totally against animal cruelty but...how ironic though. Two teens are risking 25 years in jail for killing a cat and people who kill thousands of people are in the oval office and run the country. Call it... what?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
But will prison really help them?

No. But we could set them on fire too.

Greetings

PS: ... but they are only a product of this perverted society and a product of this corrupt system.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Anything short of death is too good for this scum.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They are facing that many years because they also lit the building on fire. And one of them had already been arrested for breaking into an apartment in the same building and beating up the person inside while asking for money. There 2 are sick and are dangerous to society. LOCK THEM UP and throw the key AWAY!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think those teens should spend their time in prison with a cat for a roommate. If they spent enough time with a cat, they would come to appreciate these animals and hopefully, they would live with the nightmare of what they did. I'm sure these guys would come to love the kitty and will live with the guilt, and it would teach them a huge lesson in those 25 yrs.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't even stand this not going to read the full article I'll just take the op's word for it.

And you guys don't think our youth need a program to teach them how to be BASIC FREAKIN' HUMANS??

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i am an animal lover but also a hunter-take that as you may- but i only kill things as quickly and humanely as possible. and only for food. I DO NOT CONDONE TORTURING ANIMALS! PERIOD i would love to get these guys in a dark alley one night and maybe i will just torture some animals(them)i have lighter fluid and matches and see how they like it.
i love my cats to death and if anyone did this to them it would be like in the movie "a time to kill"- i would take them out the sick bastards
also if you set a cat on fire in a building shouldn't you also be charged with attempted arson? i'm sure it ran around screaming in pain and who knows what else could have caught fire. to bad it didn't happen and they were trapped and burned to death

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
come on guys we dont need to keep paying for their food for 25 more years in prison. simply filling them with lighter fluid and lighting a match will suffice. cost you about 1$

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
Our laws aren't about any other creatures but humans.
What's the difference between a cat and a bee? They're both living things.
Should you get 25 years for killing a bee?
What about a fish? Should fishing be illegal?

These laws - HUMAN laws, exist to ensure the safety of humans.
We feel compassion for animals that are more like us - this is an egotistical thing, that all life forms that are similar to us deserve to live while others (say a fish or an insect) are allowed to die.

I would never torture a bee, a mouse or anything else for that matter.

I also already said 25 years is not gonna help them. They need help.

All I can say is these kind of people are lucky they never get caught in the act , because they would get a serious beating.

Also it's not about ego, it's about LOVE. Some people believe it or not, have become very close to their cat or dog etc, they are like family to them. If anyone did this to their cat, they would feel the same emotions as if someone did this to their brother or sister.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Cat's are my favorite animals. These teenagers could have been going down a very, very dark road. Destroying the life of another being just to see it suffer is a serious crime and it should stay that way. I'm wondering if these kids are even going to get some form of therapy. It would be a shame to nip the problem at the bud, so to speak, and put people who could be treated in jail for such a long time. When you actually start killing people... well then it's a whole other ball game.

My only point is that these teenagers probably had some serious trouble in their lives. And that is what compelled them to kill the cat. There's always a cause for every effect. But this is a complicated issue and one that needs to be thought about personally.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

Who said prison is about HELPING? Prison has nothing to do with helping a sick disgusting and twisted subhuman like them. It is about JUSTICE and PUNISHMENT. I hope they go in for the full 25.

Then what happens after they are released after 25 years in that enviroment? I really don't know.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother_jung

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
But will prison really help them?

I dont think prison is about helping anyone, its about removing someone from society that has proven they cannot be trusted to operate within the rules of that society.

Well yeah that was my point. It will not solve the problem, it will temporarily get rid of the problem.

A temporary solution.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join