It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people commit suicide when God is suppose to only give you as much as you can stand??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Surely just as you assumed that God is disgusted with Christianity, you tell me the answer does not reside in Jesus Christ?

I didn't assume. God is disgusted with Christianity. The answer does not lie in Jesus Christ. The answer lies in God.

Is not God the Word? Is not Jesus the Word Made Flesh? Was not the Word with God, and was with God in the beginning?

John
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

and lastly...

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Now EB, the words above come from John. Earlier you called me a Pagan..

So Ive listed the definition of Pagan.

Pagan:

–noun 1. one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks. 2. a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim. 3. an irreligious or hedonistic person. –adjective 4. pertaining to the worship or worshipers of any religion that is neither Christian, Jewish, nor Muslim. 5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of pagans. 6. irreligious or hedonistic.

When I said the answer resides in Jesus Christ....

Philip said to Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need."
Jesus answered, "Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me. The person that has seen me has seen the Father too. So why do you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you truly believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don't come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done

Interestingly enough, since I first posted in this thread, I have met two men who are without home, both of which commited suicide by putting a revolver to their chin and pulling the trigger. Two in a row within a week...really made me wonder.

Matt was 13 when he did it. He tells me of being depressed, and with a handgun, he tells me today at the age of 24, that he said " I love you Jesus " and pulled the trigger. His dad found him on the floor and called the hospital. The top of his head blown out. Blood everywhere. He lives today. His name is Matt.

Coincidently, a some days later, I meet another man without home named Brian. Hes 60 some odd now, yet at the age of 24, he too put a gun to his chin and pulled the trigger. Both Matt and Brian are alive today, and we shared our conversations and our faith.

Two men, both alive and well after blowing the tops of their heads off in their youth. I dont know what they would say to a person who says that the answer isnt in Jesus Christ, but for two men who have truly experienced near death and have lived to tell about it, their testimonies are both chilling and compelling for any person they might meet.

Maybe ill go to the Park today and ask Brian about what he thinks on the matter...

Peace

[edit on 21-4-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by saber13

My mum comitted suicide 5 yrs ago.
She was not weak -she was heartbroken after my dad died a few weeks before.
It destroyed me emotionally for a long time. I dealt with it by realising that they were soul mates and meant to be together always.
It was her time to depart from this material dimension.
I think if someone kills themself it maybe is just the way it was destined to be------maybe the day we are born, the date and nature of our death is also mapped out.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

First off, the meaning of Pagan is simply someone that believes in more than one god. You can use the same definition that was created by Christians to make non-Christians look like hedonistic beasts if you want. Whatever helps sell your goods.

Is not God the Word? Is not Jesus the Word Made Flesh? Was not the Word with God, and was with God in the beginning?

God is God. Jesus, if he existed, was a human being. Maybe a prophet but a mortal one as we are all mortal.

Now EB, the words above come from John.

They came from John? John who? And...can you prove it? Can you prove "John" even knew Christ? Can you prove John was paid to write his story? Can you prove that a monk wasn't paid to write the story of John? Can you prove that it wasn't written by a bored monk that didn't get paid at all...was just bored?

When I said the answer resides in Jesus Christ....

"Philip said to....blah blah blah...etc."

Who is Philip? Was he another bored monk?

Interestingly enough, since I first posted in this thread, I have met two men who are without home, both of which commited suicide by putting a revolver to their chin and pulling the trigger. Two in a row within a week...really made me wonder.

Matt was 13 when he did it. He tells me of being depressed, and with a handgun, he tells me today at the age of 24, that he said " I love you Jesus " and pulled the trigger. His dad found him on the floor and called the hospital. The top of his head blown out. Blood everywhere. He lives today. His name is Matt.

Coincidently, a some days later, I meet another man without home named Brian. Hes 60 some odd now, yet at the age of 24, he too put a gun to his chin and pulled the trigger. Both Matt and Brian are alive today, and we shared our conversations and our faith.

Two men, both alive and well after blowing the tops of their heads off in their youth. I dont know what they would say to a person who says that the answer isnt in Jesus Christ, but for two men who have truly experienced near death and have lived to tell about it, their testimonies are both chilling and compelling for any person they might meet.

Maybe ill go to the Park today and ask Brian about what he thinks on the matter...

What testimonies? Was it Jesus that led them to "attempt" suicide? You say above they committed suicide. They obviously attempted it. Jesus made them do it?

This is a great story and I am glad you have such nice people in your life but what does it have to do with Jesus or the bible or anything regarding this thread? These two men obviously understand what it means to truly hit bottom. To get to where they decide checking out is the only answer. That has to do with being human which can and does suck for most humans. For most of the 6+ Billion out there, humanity is a curse...not a gift.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by saber13

Two words......*free* *choice* ...

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

~~~Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ooops double post...

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
So that leads to the next question, why does God permit wickedness pain and suffering...

im just sitting here reading, and i see this question, don't know if it has been answered yet or not, but im answering it anyway

the devil said that us humans would not believe in god as long as we didn't have pain and suffering, and the devil pretty much bet god that when we don't have pain and suffering we won't believe in him

so he gives us the pain and suffering now, so later, when it is gone we may still believe in him

thats pretty much how i understand it

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join