It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people commit suicide when God is suppose to only give you as much as you can stand??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
[edit on 23-3-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
because they do not know or believe. But fear not because judgment is cast on us all separately. Everyone will have a chance to explain and plead for themselves in the final hour.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Does God exist? I would like to think so, but | just cannot decide.

If God is omnipresent (everywhere) omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all knowing) then there cannot be anything that exists outside of his/her control or thought. Therefore Satan cannot be apart from God either and must in essence be a part of God.

If there is a God, surely in the ultimate sense God is responsible for the creation of each and every one of us? I cannot understand or justify why a God could create life with such suffering and injustice when it could be otherwise (remembering he/she is all powerful, and has the power for things to be different).

What does this mean?

Is God wicked? Does God even exist at all? I wish I understood.

That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by the camera eye

That's why I came to the opinion years ago, that God doesn't exist. At least not in the traditional way he/she/it is portrayed in religious texts as an anthropormophic personification in a white beard wearing a toga

When I read the Bible (years ago) I was confused as to why such an omnipotent, omniscient being would need to destroy a whole city, or cause a flood, or threaten people with commandments and punishments when he 'gave' humans free will. Surely he would have known people would do things he wouldn't like and question the world around them.

And if some of these things we do, born out of our free will are considered so immoral and wrong and have detrimental results in one's eternal soul in 'heaven' -- then why allow it to happen in the first place? Why be so incredibly cruel?

That's why I figure if there is any form of super being or God or universal entity out there, it's nothing like us in any physical or mental form. It didn't 'create' us in its image. It didn't instill any rules or regulations on how we should live our lives. Instead, it's a giant, endless, collective energy of Life to which we and all things belong to, impartial and without judgement. At least that's a possible notion that floats about my mind.

Hence why I don't think suicide is a sin or immoral or wrong. It's not 'nice', of course because of what it is and how it can affect those around the person. But it certainly doesn't stop you from going to the next place after this life, whatever or wherever that is. And it certainly isn't judged and evaluated by a supreme being. There's far too many scenarios where suicide as an altruistic act could save the life of others. Does that mean you don't go to heaven? Naw, too flakey. The whole sin and immoral aspects are those of human evaluations, not of a supreme being's.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If one believes, the answer resides in Jesus Christ.

His rising from the dead ultimately shows that death has no hold on us.

Therefore, even though we may grieve over death as a finality, to the believer, it is an understanding of a physcial departure which we will surely miss, but it is not a final chapter in ones existence.

Desperation, separation. Despair and loss of hope. A marriage gone bad, an all is lost state of being. Surely when a friend takes his life and we learn of it later and grieve, it shows that all was not lost. For many grieve.
Help was out their...never used; Or was it....really out there? Were we really there for those in need?

Suicide, is caused by many things. Those factors depending on who you are, can be perceived differently. The millionaire who lost all his investments in the stock market, to the homeless man who has not shelter or covering in the freezing cold to sleep. Both at times, seek to put an end to their own misery.

Yet surely the homeless mans misery could be overcome by a condition even of massive financial losses of the millionaire, and should the millionaire understand the plight of the homeless, all in all his losses wouldnt seem so bad. After all, in freezing conditions, the millionaire still has a warm place to sleep, even if it isnt to his standards.

Suicide, and seeing another lose hope can reflect a lack of assistance from community and friends around that person either emotional or material. A blindness that has earmarks of silence and retreat on both sides. Symptoms which a compassionate heart can feel, and a needing heart can convey.

When we reach out to one another either in need or caring we together provide an anchor point to overcoming strife.
We are more in toon with their strife and they with us, and when sudden misfortune hits it does not come as a complete surprise.

I am no stranger to understanding the desire to die. It was during those times, in which I found every reason to live.

It was in my seemingly walk alone, that I found out I wasnt. By divine revelation. An exerience to some unbelievable. To myself and others, undeniable.

Since a teenager, the walk of being alone, and understanding freewill, perhaps can be found in one of my favorite writings outside of the Bible..

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

www.fleurdelis.com...

Jesus Commanded us to love one another. Dont merely reach out to those in need, for many suicides come from those who seemingly need nothing, yet somehow have alienated themselves from life...

God gives us all we need.
One man has two apples in his hand while his brother has none.
Woe to the hungry?
Or, should it be good that one has two that they might share one?

Share your lives. Become intertwined and integral, so that when moments of sadness and great misfortune come up, that together, we may ease each others burder together.

To the Original OP...if one truly believes in God
We would realize that a suicide victim made a choice.
Jesus Christ showed, that even so, they shall live again,
if they merely believe in him.

Peace

[edit on 23-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

His rising from the dead ultimately shows that death has no hold on us.

Unless of course you decide no to accept the jesusyawhe god, then it's eternal death and damnation for you, so death would seem to have quite a grip.

Good job the jesusgod is just a delusion then.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
hello all

as a Christian that has suffered deeply with depression i think i could answer this.

I think there are a few issues here

1) aware of our own sin and powerless on our own to do anything about it
2) demonic outside influences and not fleeing from them (armour of God etc)
3) the firey furnace of trials laid bvefore us before the Lord
4) The word not fully taking root

im still to be convinced of the hormones etc levels. ultimately i do NOT believe in free will but i DO belive in the promise of forgiveness for those that have Christ in their lives even if they do end it. who are we to judge that in their dying moments that others do not seek God. like the thief on the cross and the workers. the pay is the same.

david

All the best

[edit on 23-3-2009 by drevill]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by Wehali

Are you God? You sound like you know for sure what happens upon death by suicide, so that is why I am asking.

I've left my body and traveled to such realms myself. So yeah, I know
what happens. You also don't have be God to have knowledge of such
things, there are many ways of learning the actual, real truth about the
things science nor religion can give a conclusive answer to. Leaving the
body to see for yourself is just one of them.

It's nothing magical, it's just one of the many things every human is
capable of doing if he chooses to educate himself on it, then try it out
and finally practice. Your fear of death will disappear, but your fear of
suicide will increase.. suicide is ugly after the deed.

[edit on (23/3/09) by Wehali]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This made me think about a teacher who committed suicide in my local area. She had admitted to having sex with an underage student at least 7 different occasions and the newspaper made it sound like something may have happened a lot more. She could have faced a minimum of 25 years in prison for each count. She was only 37 and looked good. I have no idea what she was thinking when she had her encounters with her student but I don't believe she was thinking holy thoughts. It appears she couldn't face the possibility she may spend the rest of her life behind bars so it appears she committed suicide after she was free on bond. I wouldn't seek God to answer why people commit suicide unless that makes you feel more comfortable believing God is in control of everything. Satan is in control of this world. The Bible actually mentions this information when Satan tempts Jesus with control of the Earth or cities on Earth. Satan could not do this temptation if he wasn't in control. If you give into temptations, bad things can happen to you if you're not careful. Some people can learn the easy way by being told of what happened to others. Some have to learn the hard way by experiencing everything themselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Satan is in control of this world. The Bible actually mentions this information when Satan tempts Jesus with control of the Earth or cities on Earth. Satan could not do this temptation if he wasn't in control.

This is such a sad cop out and denying ones own responsibilities,
"satan tempted me" seems to make everything ok .

It seems like a very cretinous position for an intelligent human to put themselves in. Anything they do that is morally commendable they can thank god for, and anything they do that is repugnant they can blame another imaginary being for.

If what you claim is true that satan is in control of this world, clearly he either stole control from his creator which is supposed to be an omniscient god or the control was given to him by the said same god.

If control was stolen, then this would preclude god being omniscient, but if control was given then clearly god created satan. If this is the case then it's your creator that is tempting you, thereby making god the source of all evil.

lets hope this nonsense is no longer taught to children then.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

No. If one believes, the answer lies in faith. God is God. There is only one. The Christian faith was created to control the sheeple. As far as I am concerned, Christians are Pagans, believing in two gods: God and Jesus. You say the two (and sometimes three) are all joined as one so you can pass yourselves off as something other than Pagan.

The Christian faith is an abomination and God is disgusted by it. But we are human and He allows us to be. Allows us to make mistakes. Accepts us unconditionally.

Christians have so many conditions it's pathetic.

Edit to add: And check out those BTS points: 6066 - I'm going to leave that like that for a while. 6066 is like He is saying there is nothing between us. God is with me.

Hi God!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
reply to post by HIFIGUY

No. If one believes, the answer lies in faith. God is God.

No? Surely just as you assumed that God is disgusted with Christianity, you tell me the answer does not reside in Jesus Christ?

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I am no stranger to understanding the desire to die. It was during those times, in which I found every reason to live.

When I said Im no stranger to understanding the desire to die I meant it.

So before you tell me no, ask yourself, Exciteable Boy, are you familiar with wanting to die? Tell me, one who says that God has disgust for Christianity, in your wisdom, what revelation other then your opinion tells you this?

Really. And what conditions might those be?

Peace

[edit on 27-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
...then they only have to look in a few history books, you know, the ones where there's no mention of this jesus character.

You're absolutely right. There is no mention of Jesus in the history books because there was no Jesus. His real name is Hebrew and is actually Yahushua which means 'Yah is Salvation'. The arrogance and wickedness of mankind changed his name and just about everybody else's names in scripture over 300 years after his life on earth. Everyone except Satan of course. Every Hebrew name had a specific meaning. Yahushua also referred to as Imanu'el (Elohim with us) is the real name, the name which invokes the unprecedented power of the Divine...the name that makes Satan and his demons tremble when they hear it. The name that they cleverly changed and concealed for centuries. Now the truth is finally out.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Well said. This was right on time because even a prophet facing his seemingly impossible task needs reminding some time.

And to elaborate a little on what you said...In ALL things give thanks. We have to be thankful for both the good times and bad times. Contrary to popular belief both good and bad situations are blessings because there is something valuable to be learned from both. It is very easy to give thanks for good things that happen to you. Anyone who is honest with him/herself will realize this looking back on these situations and actually be thankful for the lesson learned. There is always more to learn from the "bad" that happens to us.

Hindsight is always 20/20 to those with eyes of humility and wisdom.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Surely just as you assumed that God is disgusted with Christianity, you tell me the answer does not reside in Jesus Christ?

I didn't assume. God is disgusted with Christianity. The answer does not lie in Jesus Christ. The answer lies in God.

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

When I said Im no stranger to understanding the desire to die I meant it.

I'm very happy for you. There is a difference between a desire to die and having no fear of death.

So before you tell me no, ask yourself, Exciteable Boy, are you familiar with wanting to die? Tell me, one who says that God has disgust for Christianity, in your wisdom, what revelation other then your opinion tells you this?

There is a time in my life when I thought I wanted to die. I thought I didn't have options. That was a long time ago. When I was 26.

There is a massive difference between opinion and faith and common sense. There is one God: God. There are not two or three. It's okay if you are a Pagan. Some of my best friends are Pagans. Native Americans. But why not admit that you're Pagan instead of playing the God and Jesus are one game?

Really. And what conditions might those be?

You're the Christian.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
As much as I don't wish to place my own faith on the table and parade it around, I believe 100% of what Excitable Boy said. That's my experience with my spirituality through and through. There is a God, so why ruin him and dumb him down with all this rhetoric?

Its weak people who label themselves and cast judgement on people for their way of life. I just realized that last sentence is overwhelmingly ironic.

But seriously, it is the people who use their minds and not their souls who would see a God so simple in nature that a book could possibly be written about him. These people are simpletons, and so need a simple deity.

Organized religion is evil. Its poisonous to your soul. It was placed upon you by people who wanted control of you so much that they created not only physical laws but also laws that determine your afterlife. Pretty sick, eh?

But on to topic. I think if you kill yourself, you just give up your experience as a human being. That's all. You probably don't get another chance at this journey, so boo hoo. You'll still go to wherever it is people go when they die (I like to think its all that dust that the Hubble flashes photos of now and then), just as everyone else does. You'll still be sad and it won't change until you're ready to see the light. Then it is on to eternal bliss, which isn't entirely obtainable in this form, but we can get close.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The reason poor souls commit suicide is because of free will.

Just as Eve and Adam decided to partake of the tree of knowledge, even though they had every possible need taken care of in the garden, they doubted it was true and willfully made the choice.

Free Will. What the person in despair does not realize that the suffering they were experiencing is temporary. "This too shall pass". And a good God allows suffering because it always brings about a greater good.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
Free Will. What the person in despair does not realize that the suffering they were experiencing is temporary. "This too shall pass". And a good God allows suffering because it always brings about a greater good.

Have you ever seen someone suffering from severe clinical depression? the needs to be hospitalised kind..?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I am sorry. You are right I never meant to diminish anyones suffering. I was speaking in the broadest terms, that when we are in the moment of suffering we can not see there may be an natural end.

Thank you for correcting me. I meant no offense.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
No probs.

I understand that waiting it out may work for some and I think it's good if people have faith to drag them out of a dark place.. there is a point of no return though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join