It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More U.S. police using gunfire detection system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
yes.

someone has to make money off it somewere.

but were is that money going to? or more importantly were is it coming from?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chris3340

I can guess where it comes from.
Your pocket and mine.
Where its going, im thinking, is some politicians bank account.
Like how Cheney is profiting from the Iraq war, someone of importance is getting rich from this.
Picture this....
Mr Smith is a congressman in Cali.
Mr Smith saw certain trends in the defense sector, so buys lots of stock from his cousin, who owns company "x" that makes these sensors.
Mr smith cares not how effective "x" makes their products, but makes sure the proper things pass thru local government, so company "x" is the sole supplier of sensors, wich makes "x" stock rise.
Mr Smith and neighbor/cousin make bundles off our taxes,
and "x" and products make news, and the possibilitty exists for a "nationwide" system of "x"sensors are now on the table for Mr Smith and neighbor/cousin to make even bigger bundles.
So starts the cycle we see almost every day.
Sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
yes my thoughts exactly...

we may not be a world united but we know everyone around the world with no more than 6 people involved... scary thought that is you ask all the people you know if they know a certain person, it doesnt have to be done any more than 6 times to find out who they are and were they come from.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chris3340

Very true, the 6 degrees of seperation.
I didnt really understand it untill i had someone explain it deeply.
and its never failed yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Hey, great link added to the thread, Godfather-Star!

When I clicked it earlier, it took me to the Australian boomerang!
Now I see the one you intended. Very interesting...

Automated technologies for war keep advancing at an unprecedented pace! We as humans are in our infancy of robotic tech. It won't be long till we see stealth adaptive-camouflaged, silent hover-craft, multi-tasked sensored, full armament arrayed, rapid deployable, telemetry controlled, artificial-intelligence capable battle & defense system hunter-killers zooming through the skies!

YIKES!!!

I kinda fear these systems being manufactured too quickly, without proper regard to moral human rights standards, eventually targeting innocent people, or even turning on the very persons who control them!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Star for your suspicious, political-conspiracy minded suggestion!

Yep, of course the in-grate, insider stock-holders get to one-up the profits ahead of everyone else with new technologies implimented by govs.

Never was a stockholder myself, and glad about it right now! Who knows, maybe some day. If I were, I guess I'd look for new stuff like this, that's about to be installed in so many cities!

Yeah, I see your point about diversions to confuse the system, but in all fairness, I must admit, this tech. could help cops respond more quickly to some of these shooting-spree killings going on today. After all, if you or I had a family member victimized, we would be embracing a new way to prevent them.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Yes, you are right.
Every thing has 2 sides, and i try to see the good in everything, it may save someones life someday.
But its all about making money, from what i see right now, it has some holes in it.
Id like to think someone invented it for good, but the one(s) who did, probably arent getting recognition, or royalties from it.
Sad.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A friend of mine had his house raided thanks to ShotSpotter.

My friend is married, and was home asleep in bed at the time. He owns no firearms.

The police refused to believe him and insisted that their "tracking equipment" had confirmed that the sound of gunfire came from his house.

A fully armed SWAT team searched the premises and found nothing.

They left with no apology.

You can keep ShotSpotter.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Didnt they invent this a long time ago? Wasnt that invention called hearing?

I dunno. Makes me wonder.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Automated technologies for war keep advancing at an unprecedented pace! We as humans are in our infancy of robotic tech. It won't be long till we see stealth adaptive-camouflaged, silent hover-craft, multi-tasked sensored, full armament arrayed, rapid deployable, telemetry controlled, artificial-intelligence capable battle & defense system hunter-killers zooming through the skies!

if u can think of it it probably can be invented

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Another reason i beleive this technology was pushed through without proper testing.
Cuz if it was tested properly, theyd have seen its only a little over 50% effective in tracking the exact origin of the shots.
Like a 1/2 block accuracy.
And i havent backed off thinking its a good invention, but it is a little flawed still.
With a few more tweaks im sure it could pinpoint the gunfire to a few feet or less.
And thats why i think its ann "inside" company, "inside" testing facility/company and an "inside" presentation/buyer/supplier.
I hope soon it becomes more accurate, as i think bad days lie ahead, and may save a few of our lives.
But whoever pushed it through was thinking with pockets and not conscience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join