It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Knowledge of Conscious Reality the Real Conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

...I would agree with almost everything except the first question: Is knowledge of conscious reality behind secret societies?

You may rethink that quote if you read the book. He speaks only to what he has learned regarding secret societies and their knowledge since antiquity.

To all interested in this subject and secret societies, I strongly recommend the book. If you thought you think out of the box now, you will be in for some mind boggling revelations. As always, you are free to believe or not, but at least you will know what the elite of secret societies believe.

Mark Booth, the author of the book and the first person seen on the video was offered to be initiated after being given a great deal of information. He refused knowing that if he accepted it he would not be able to write about it without suffering social death.
So how can he possibly know anything about the socieites if he couldn't actually witness their rituals first-hand? The reviews of this book are pretty damning. I wouldn't put much stock in the author, considering he doesn't list a single source, regardless of his own credentials.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

So how can he possibly know anything about the socieites if he couldn't actually witness their rituals first-hand? The reviews of this book are pretty damning. I wouldn't put much stock in the author, considering he doesn't list a single source, regardless of his own credentials.

He was told by someone who eventually tried to recruit him.

You obviously haven't read the book. There are about 3 pages of sources in very small print, 191 approximately.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
"Is the real secret that we are in control? That our collective consciousness creates reality and has the power to shape it?"

Yes, I think this is the reality. However, I don't think that it is a "secret" perse, it is just not common knowledge. Most people are incapable of understanding a thought like this. Even if you do understand it, it is not something that we can make use of to alter reality in an way. Ultimately reality (as we understand it) has it's own consciousness, and that consciousness shapes is what shapes your/my/our/the reality. If for example we do create our own realities and had the power to shape it, and that by merely realizing that fact we could change the world you think that we would be having this discussion right now? No, somebody somewhere, somewhen in the long history of the Universe would have come to this understanding and presto, none of the wars or all the bull# that passes for reality would be real.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by AlienChaser

I enjoyed your post!
The video seems to be saying that consciousness creates this reality that we experience. However are we not then creating the very conditioning that conditions us? How does this work in an individual way, as opposed to in the collective sense if my “creating” view of the world changes does the world change accordingly?
In a different sort of way this does make sense. If we look at an individual who perhaps has broken free of this conditioned way of thinking and views the world from a different perspective then for him indeed the world has changed. The question is does the world change objectively? What if he shares his new perspective with others and becomes an enlightened teacher who then goes on to change society and the way we live is this the same thing? This has nothing to do with quantum physics and the creation of matter of course which I suspect is still an unfinished story and that there may yet may be many twists and turns.

You are asking if the world changes objectively. Now you are dealing with a whole new bag of snakes. In order to answer this question, you gotta ask yourself, does this world EXIST objectively? Its like the YouTube link said, matter does not exist. All of this stuff called reality is like a dream that seems to be real yet it isn't. One could break free of conditioning and look at the world from a different perspective and then for him the dream has morphed into something else, but it's still a dream and unreal. Make sense?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I can't believe anybody would think reality was a dream.
Matter is real. Pain is real. Matter does exist.

You have thoughts in your mind that can create action in the real matter. You can commit suicide even. It is real. Dead people don't come back.

And when you know some good secret stuff... how does it help you? What do you want the secret power to do for you? Bring you back from the dead?!

Are you people serious?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

You are spot on my friend. I highly recommend you look into the idea of consensus reality and the observer effect in quantum physics.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

You have thoughts in your mind that can create action in the real matter. You can commit suicide even. It is real. Dead people don't come back.

And when you know some good secret stuff... how does it help you? What do you want the secret power to do for you? Bring you back from the dead?!

Are you people serious?

LMAO! Personally I find myself in between you and what the others are talking about. I think there is a fine medium. But if I go out into the woods and mess with a rattle snake and it bites me........no matter how high my level of consciousness is I'm still going to suffer the effects of its venom.
You can be so open minded that your brains fall out! I think some of this new agey consciousness stuff fits into that description.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Most Infamous

Ultimately reality (as we understand it) has it's own consciousness, and that consciousness shapes is what shapes your/my/our/the reality

I think that ultimately it's not that reality has it's own consciousness, It's that consciousness is everything. The entire universe, all of existence IS consciousness.

It is how we as humans experience consciousness that defines our day to day reality. It's not that we can simply command consciousness to manifest something into our definition of reality, I do believe, however, that the collective experience of all humans does have an impact on our physical world.

The Idea is that secret societies know this and have designed our physical activities around things that inhibit our exploration of the revelations we all could experience.

The concept of money for example, creates the need for jobs to earn money so that we can survive their way. When you go to work, what are you really doing? Take a second to think about that. We are really just performing a task to recieve money, a task that becomes a gear in the machine. Everyone performing a function to create even more jobs and more need for money, and the desire for more yourself. The whole function of the machine stagnates us a species. After only a few generations this is simply what we know. we are born into it and adapt into our roles very quickly. In fact it is all but impossible not to integrate into the machine. Thus our experience as humans becomes limited by what is defined for us.

We can change our experience objectively but that's not my point. Training our minds to be accept our place is just happiness in slavery, the easy way so to speak. You can smile at the world through rose colored glasses but you're still just a part of the machine.

Continued...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Are you people serious?

All the proof we have that reality is real is our memory of it. Sometimes you can have an experience in a dream the memory of which is so strong you could swear that it really happened. Sometimes you can have an experience as part of everyday waking life the memory of which is so unreal you'd have to say it was a dream. Who knows? Ever try lucid dreaming? You can have dreams of impossible experiences (like flying) that seem so real you start to question reality.

Maybe all the pain and matter and death (incidently, death is an experience that happens to other people and something that until you die you can only speculate about) are just stuff happening in dreams the memory of which we mistake to be real. Maybe when you die you wake up as a different person (or maybe even alien) shaking off weird memories of a dream wher you were you.

Make sense? Probablely not.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Are you people serious?

Assuming you are not just trolling...

Yes I am serious. You have a very indoctrinated view of life as evidenced above. knowone here is saying that reality is a dream, and yes you can walk on a bridge and not fall through, and if you are stabbed it will hurt. All of these experiences exist because of consciousness. Don't think of it as conscious/subconscious like dreaming/awake. That is inside the box as they say. Understand that everything, the whole universe and all that is exists is a living fully aware consciousness and that everything everywhere is connected to it, a part of it. Defining consciousness as something uniquely human is arrogance personified. There is a bigger picture and we are just a part of it, connected as all things are to consciousness. The thing that might make humanity unique is that we are capable of being aware of this. That we have the ability to grasp in some way what the truth is. Whether or not we chose to believe it.

Dead people? Or dead bodies?
I believe that death is only a reality of the human host body, and when it occurs our piece of or connection to (soul?) the living consciousness (god?) simply returns to the whole, always alive never dying. Merely changing the experience of existence.

The concept of fear for another example, the never ending fear and worry that pulses through the machine. Will I have enough, what will I do. The anxiety. The worry and negativity in the media, war, fear of death. All work to supress the mind, and to keep us in line. I can't do that because I have to work, what will I do if I can't pay the money. Valid points that expose how we are trapped into a narrow field of view.

There is a higher understanding and with the availabillity of information nowdays, more and more people are setting aside what time they do have to explore these possibilities. Attempting to be in closer contact, communing with the concious reality. To be more aware of the truth of our existence.

That is what I am trying to explore here, and somtimes I have these brilliant flashes of what seems like understanding, or new concepts, and then the translation is lost somewhere between my thoughts and the keyboard.

One thing I am sure of is that there is a whole lot more to our existance than we are taught in schools or churches. We really are consciousness conductors.

I think our definition of life, consciousness, and truth will be entirely rewritten as our understanding and awareness grows, and I believe that there are secretive groups among us who want very much to prevent that.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser
reply to post by Most Infamous

Ultimately reality (as we understand it) has it's own consciousness, and that consciousness shapes is what shapes your/my/our/the reality

I think that ultimately it's not that reality has it's own consciousness, It's that consciousness is everything. The entire universe, all of existence IS consciousness.

OK, maybe I didn't say it in the best way, but basically, I think what you're saying and what I'm trying to say are the same.

Stuff like this is abstract and really hard to grasp, especially just reading it. Something like consciousness can't be seen, heard, felt, etc so it's hard to explain how consciousness exists. Think of the human for example (or for that matter any living animal) how does the consciousness which can't be objectively quantified fit into the make up of a human being? Yet obviously consciousness fits in there somehow, somewhere.

Now that I think about it, it's a matter of semantics. It's the nature of language and how we relate to an abstract idea such as consciousness. One would say "I have consciousness" and "I am conscious" and not something like "I have conscious" or "I am consciousness". Does it makes sense to say that something "is consciousness" ? I tend to think of consciousness as something that is possessed as opposed to something that one can be. One can "be conscious" which is to say that one "has consciousness". which is why I said the the universe or reality has it's own consciousness as opposed to the universe actual being consciousness. In the end it's the same really, this one universal consciousness which permeates everything is ultimately responsible for creating everything and anything.

I would go further but then I would have to explain to you Hindu and Tantrik theories on how the universe came to be, something I think that would take too much time. And also too boring.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Think of it this way: both "you" and "matter," "pain," etc. are all ultimately just as "real" and "not real" as a dream. There, does that help?

In a video game, your character is just as "real" and "not real" as everything else that exists in the game, and you may apparently be stopped by walls and "feel pain" and even die just like you do in "real" life.

So if everything here is illusion, including the solidness of objects, add only a further illusion (like an important parameter to any video game) that you experience this as if it were "real," not remembering where you "originally" came from before anything existed, and you could have an exact replica of our world. Probably because that's more or less true.

And btw, really the objects are NOT solid -- you would know this if you knew the atomic structure of matter, it is mostly empty space and the solidness literally IS an illusion.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It could be, but I strongly think the world leaders are trying to subject the human race to confusion so that they can easily promote their one world, one religion agenda, here are some common and recent conpiracies gaining momentum, have a quick read.
[link removed] Do post your valued feedback...

[mod note]

4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote ... websites on ATS within posts,... without prior written permission from The Above Network, LLC.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join