It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird, Was I Just Targeted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just had the weirdest encounter and small talk conversation at a local big name sporting goods store.

Basically I stop in when ever I drive by just to see if any ammo came in since it's very hard to come by. So today I stop in and go back to the fire arms desk and start looking at guns. I'm the only one back there at this point, not even a clerk. Where all of sudden this guy comes blazing in hard and drops a dufflebag(new from store) which kinda startled me. He starts looking over the guns quickly then just mumbles to someone asking if there's anyone around. Well it was a lady friend, both were very clean looking and inshape. I'd say trendy almost. So the clerk comes over and gives them a hand. He was looking at Wasr 10(civilian ak) and asked to see one.

I figured, cool, I'm friendly, I'll shoot the # if I get the opportunity, plus I just picked one up a few weeks ago. So after they all talked a bit I chimmed in that I just picked one up and said, "the bitch of it is that there's no ammo to be found". The male didn't say much but the female was a firecracker, very outgoing. She starts to comment on the laser etching that is proposed to be on ammo and asked why they are going to do it. The clerk gives a reason or two and I mentioned one reason was to track stock piles. She kinda chuckled and said, "well if they ever declear Marial law, they'll just take it all anyways". I simply replied, "Well at least they think they can"(which is common knowledge). After that she just starts to go off.

She started to comment on that they have small tanks and what would we do. Then goes on to claim that she can make five different kinds of maltese coctails for tanks if she had to. I thought to myself, "regardless of your views, somethings you should keep to yourself, easy girl" lol. This is stuff you dont say in public. She keeps going on talking about "how she doesn't know how to make pipe bombs though" and that, "I wish I did though". At this point I was just kinda smiling and trying to walk away feeling uneasy about that whole conversation.

So I finally get away and start looking at ammo. They come by and she starts conversing again. I forget how it got brought up but shes starts talking about the Constitution and how pissed the poeple are. Then adds that it's time for a revolution. I just replied, "Well hopefully we are no where near that point". Which she says, "We're way over due, isn't that right(asking here guy friend(maybe hubby dunno).", The constitution allows us that". So again, I just left the area lol.

Now keep in mind you this is a very clean cut trendy looking couple. Which stereotypically through me off. They may have just been a pissed off couple(well her at least) exercising their rights in a vocal fashion. But, after computing this for a few minutes, a bit of paranoia kicked in lol. It just felt like she was trying to pull something out of me. If it was nothing more then shopping store chat, well it goes to show you what kind of vibe is out on the street.

Also, just a little about me. I'd say that my views are very moderate. I'm a independant, respect the constitution, am a Ron Paul supporter and don't hide those views as there is no reason to. I like talking about politics but at the same time limit myself to them. I guess what I'm getting at is dispite the bit of parnoia today I feel that my views wouldn't warrent a flag.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think that is the general vibe on the street. I don't think it's a set up. I think people that are aware may be a bit overreactive. I think though this is general conversation that people are talking about more and more, it's building, and at this rate it won't be long when the majority feel this and speak about it openly. Anyone rationale doesn't want any violence in changing our system.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Id like to say, i think you just met my dream girl, so who was the clown with her?
She told me she was single!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog

Also, just a little about me. I'd say that my views are very moderate. I'm a independant, respect the constitution, am a Ron Paul supporter and don't hide those views as there is no reason to. I like talking about politics but at the same time limit myself to them. I guess what I'm getting at is dispite the bit of parnoia today I feel that my views wouldn't warrent a flag.

According to at least one governmental body. YOUR A TERRORIST!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
Id like to say, i think you just met my dream girl, so who was the clown with her?

Ha, what if she worked for the government and was trying to trick him into saying he was a part of some group who wanted to start a revolution or something so she could arrest him?

Im kidding of course, But I just wanted to throw a stick in there to trip everyone up

Interesting story OP, I apologize for joking about it. I am just in a good mood today.

let me just say,seriously, that I havent had an incident like that, happen to me, but like you, I know that certain beliefs or abilities should be kept to myself and not shared with the public.

She is lucky there wasnt a cop in the store, The way things go now days, she could have been arrested for suspected terrorism, what with admitting show knows how to make molitov cocktails and that she wants to learn how to make pipe bombs....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Now i feel bad for trying to get a laugh, im sorry, op.
In all seriousness, like gimme sez, wondering if there are plants out there trying to decieve you are about as common of a question about ats.
You either believe it, you dont, dont care, or are smart enuff about it where if you do get snipped, you wont get in trouble.
And if they were going that far, you may be on a "list" already, if they knew enuff to try to set you up to walk through that "door" of discussion.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I think that is the general vibe on the street. I don't think it's a set up. I think people that are aware may be a bit overreactive. I think though this is general conversation that people are talking about more and more, it's building, and at this rate it won't be long when the majority feel this and speak about it openly. Anyone rationale doesn't want any violence in changing our system.

I think the vibe is manufactured. For what ever reason someone is trying to flush the birds from the fields. The reason it is suspicious is that this really picked up after the election and especially after Obama was sworn in. We've all been on the internet and even on this board the rhetoric has gone ballistic. There could be many motivations for elevating the fear-mogering including what I said about flushing the extremists out, or someone wants to whip up a big enough mess to keep any reform from taking place, or an excuse to ratchet up the police state a bit more.

I know people are PO'ed about the economy but I think there is a lot of inflammatory speech being thrown around. Things like labeling certain people as traitors, portraying the new administration and Democrats and the left in general as wanting a communist/fascist state. How many democrats do people know to believe this sort of thing?

To the OP: I would say maybe. it sounds like they were fishing to me. When I was in college I had someone approach me in a mall looking to sell a large quantity of pot. I don't know why they targeted me but it was pretty obvious and my friend and I thought it was funny.

A new domestic front on terror would keep certain industries and multi national corporations flush with green if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Now i feel bad for trying to get a laugh, im sorry, op.

Well, IMO you shouldnt feel bad. Sometimes, when talking about the things we do here on ATS, yoou just have to laugh and joke. Otherwise this stuff can become overwhelming, and frustrating.

So, joking about it, can help relieve some stress that may build up over time and in that way, joking about it can be viewed as healthy!

Don't feel bad man, after all, I did it too!

peace and love

GST

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks, misery, or guilt loves company!
I dont feel bad to the point of shame, just like i let somethin slip i shouldnt have, ya know?
And yeah you gotta laugh once in a while to show that youre human, too.
Noted and accepted!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's hard to see how they would allocate resources to what amount to ...

What the...

Did you say no to the Marines NICELY?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Ha, what if she worked for the government and was trying to trick him into saying he was a part of some group who wanted to start a revolution or something so she could arrest him?

Im kidding of course, But I just wanted to throw a stick in there to trip everyone up

Interesting story OP, I apologize for joking about it. I am just in a good mood today.

let me just say,seriously, that I havent had an incident like that, happen to me, but like you, I know that certain beliefs or abilities should be kept to myself and not shared with the public.

She is lucky there wasnt a cop in the store, The way things go now days, she could have been arrested for suspected terrorism, what with admitting show knows how to make molitov cocktails and that she wants to learn how to make pipe bombs....

Yes, she was lucky but the Clerk did say, "I won't be selling you a gun" lol. I think he meant it but not absolutly sure. In all seriousness, all it would take is for anyone(Obamas civilian Task Force lol) to over hear what she was saying and if they didn't like it report her licence plate. She'd certainly be flagged I would think.

But yea, about the tricking part, that's one of the points I was trying to get at in my OP. At one point(basically when she said she wish she knew how to make pipe bombs) that's the thought that ran through my head. It felt like she was fishing for some info or slips of my tounge. Not that there would be any but regardless as someone pointed out in this thread. There are some in our government who consider my constitutional moderate views extreme.

Or maybe it was just a random target. I'm sure the Feds know where people go to get ammo and supplies. Maybe I was profiled. I do have a trimmed full beard and had my dirty work clothes on with dirty boots. I certainly could have filled that stereotype lol.

Also guys, don't feel bad for making light of the situation. I honestly had a light chuckle to myself leaving the store for allowing the parnoia to get the best of me for a few minutes there. I tried to lighten up the story with some "lol" anyways.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Good point, and a perfect place for a random "target" like you say.
Im gonna practice responses for them, if i meet the girl of my dreams at dicks, or sports authority... like "what would the government think about that" , or "when project blue beam happens, we will all know"
You know, some extremely sarcastic stuff to tick em off...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It is one thing to talk publicly and vocally about Constitutional Issues, and the idea of a possible "Revolution", but it is most certainly another thing entirely to speak specifically of Explosives, and a longing for such.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes, thats the whole thing that makes it seem like this woman was reaching.
But some people enjoy big bangs. im not sure if the op is from a large city, or out in big country, where you could get away with making "boom" toys in the wilderness for fun.
Hopefully, its nothing where he is being checked out, or even worse, set up.
Keep in touch, that way if we dont see you around, we have an idea what happened....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Lol, it reminds me of a time that I was hanging around a local corner with some friends and acquaintances. Out of nowhere this guy walks up, a Black American with braids, most likely in his 20's, and he had a little kid at his side. He came up and gave one of my friends dap, then proceeded to talk with us in a manner as if he was already well acquainted.

I simply figured that the gentleman knew one of my acquaintances, as not everyone in the group was a close friend of mine.

Anyways, he began talking about buying some drugs, and if I recollect properly, I believe it was most likely weed. He was talking about wanting some/needing some, and he was wondering who could cop him some. Everyone in the group kind of ignored him, and one of the guys spoke up and simply said: "Man, I have no idea, I've been fiegning for some too, so if you find out, Holla". At that, the guy and his kid left, with the guy having a disappointed look on his face.

After he walked off, one of the guys in the group talked to his cousin (The one that spoke out), and he asked him: "Hey man, you know that guy?", to which his friend replied: "Hey, I thought you knew him", then his Cousin stated flatly: "Nah man, he was Five-O, it couldn't of been more obvious if he rolled up in a Marked ride with Lights Flashing". We all agreed on the last statement, because the way in which he approached us (A group of about Six or Seven) was so up front, and just plain out of the blue, that you were left with a really strange feeling about the entire situation.

Not to mention the fact that ever since they built the apartments around the area, the Drug dealing spiked for a while. It even went on in the Burger King bathroom on the same block, with people using Laptop Cases for transactions.

Anyways, we were NOT drug dealers, nor were we drug users. We were simply your average group of "Homeboys" chilling on a corner, enjoying the nice weather. I will say that this particular incident was the first and ONLY time that some undercover NARC, or undercover Official Period, has ever attempted to approach myself, or a group I have been with.

Simply put, trust your gut instincts, for more often than not they are correct.

IF, and I place this as a strong "IF", the lady was some sort of "Undercover" Official, she would most likely be ATF (BATFE). The ATF are the ones dealing with Explosives, AND they are also the Agency which deals with the enforcement of Gun Licenses for the Shops and Dealers

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

Well, I guess my wife and I would fit into you "trendy" categorie. We are fit, well dressed, attractive, and 2 inches away friom joing a militia! Well maybe not that close, but we both support Ron Paul, believe 911 to be inside job, believe FED is controlled by world elite as well.

We don't all have to be flanel wearing Grizzly Adams wannabes do we?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It could be anything, and she could be anyone. You never know...

She could've been just expressing her radical views, and looking for someone to listen to her. Or, she could have been checking out the store's patrons and looking to see if you agree with her.

You never know, but there are some things you just don't say to strangers in public. I would label her "knowledge" as one of these things...

For the record, I am someone you would probably be surprised at seeing in a Firearms store... You'd also be surprised if you saw me on the gun-range. Appearances can be misleading for sure, but don't judge a book by it's cover.

She might have just been an avid gun collector who could pop a grouping of 5cm at 100 yards... You never know.

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, I don't know too much about the people, but that claims that lady makes about tanks and such is completely unfounded and she has no idea what she is even talking about. As a former tanker myself, all she would be doing is pissing the people inside it off.

During the first gulf war, the rounds the Iraqi's shot off into the M1's literally STUCK into the side of the turrets. I mean literally. Not going to hurt it.

But the topic of this thread is really about agent provocateurs, which are a reality. And if I had to guess, I'd say at least 1 person in this thread is one of those.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
smells like chiken........
chicken!
u know the smell ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join