It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Birds Singing At Night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I love the sound of Mourning Doves. I’ve been able to imitate their calls, ever since I was very young. But only within the last several months, has it seemed that they’ve been around more.

This morning I woke up at 3 AM and couldn’t get back to sleep. I was wide awake, contemplating whether or not to begin the day. It was pitch black and foggy outside. Then all of a sudden in a tree not ten feet from my open window, I heard the “coo-coo …. coo-coo” of a Mourning Dove.

Immediately I thought to myself, that’s strange I’ve NEVER heard a Mourning Dove when it was dark. It really shocked me, as being something extremely unusual. Then this afternoon, what happens? I run across this thread, which validates the peculiarity.

For sometime now I’ve had a personal theory that Mourning Doves are spiritual harbingers. They seem to show up in my life, when either subtle or profound synchronicities are unfolding.

Around 4 AM this morning my phone rang. My phone never rings at 4 AM. It was a girl that I barely know, and have never physically met. We are just chat friends, and seemingly kindred spirits.

She immediately apologized for calling so early, but felt it was necessary to contact me ASAP. Apparently an hour earlier, about the same time I heard the Mourning Dove, she was having a lucid dream, in which I was asking her to contact me.

Make of it what you will. But my feeling is that we are entering a period in which the cloak between physical and metaphysical is becoming more and more transparent. Maybe now as the forces of darkness seem to be working overtime to instill sharper fear into humanity, the forces of light are reaching out to try and comfort us through things such as the soothing sound of singing birds during the night.

Peace on Earth!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was with my father just the other night and while walking back from the local late shop and there was at least one bird singing, I've noticed it before and I remember it well as it struck me as strange. I have considered the possibility that it was a Nightingale but as I didn't see it and don't recognise the song I don't know.

On the topic of lighting however where I live has got a lot lighter recently, there has always been an orange glow from street lights but a local supermarket has had a refit and is now lit all night so there is a white glow from there and also a white glow from the lit youth club, doesn't please me as I like to spot stars.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by highlander2008

Good points. I wonder how much light pollution has to do with it also. A lot of creatures are getting confused by all the light pollution.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I can't help but think that this has something to do with chemtrails. Maybe their brains are short-circuiting from all the chemicals in the air?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You know that i was asking myself this same question.
Yesterday i was in my living room at 3.00am smoking a cigarette and the birds were singing hard!
Maybe it's the spring!They're happy.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Birds at my house sing at night now too.

I notice more crow activity too.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You know now that people are saying this about birds at night. I noticed a really weird cackling outside my window at night, almost like a pheasant, but it wasn't, it was still winter and it startled me.

I went outside to investigate but saw nothing, I heard it 3 nights in a row, never in my life have i heard this type of cackle.

Starred and flagged.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
3 Pages and its no wonder, the birds in mid missouri usa have been singing as well. I have noticed this phenomena for at least the past year, however since last summer it has become really active at night. I live out in the sticks so it is not due to noise or light pollution.

I really thought it was just my area. An Enlightened friend once said that when the birds leave, it is time to get out of the area, this was over 20 years ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I've noticed this many times over the past few years, here in Lansing, Michigan. This is certainly something that I've pondered, and I also discussed it with a friend of mine, but none of us could make much sense of it.

I guess it does make sense that the birds have to resort to singing at night because their songs can't be heard during the day, due to traffic or differences in sunlight.

Thanks for the thread, S & F!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Songbirds singing at night means there is a meth factory in your neighborhood. They are very sensitive to the fumes.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

An obvious prognosis (but unresearched for obvious reasons) for this phenomenon would be that a new and unseen force/light is...well...throwing them off.

Like say maybe a Brown Dwarf that is unseen by the visual light spectrum in human beings - however this spectrum could very well be obvious in birds.

But that would be crazy

Anyone seen the increase in UFO scout ships lately?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Are you a bird noise level reasercher? wow lol
It doesn't bother me when they sing

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think it's quite normal, usually.
I've always heard birds hollering at night.
Especially whippoorwills.
Maybe it has something to do with migration patterns also?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I too have stopped to notice the birds unusually starting to sing around 6.00pm (GMT UK time) in the East Midlands of England... Sort of how they used to be singing while I was finishing university coursework at 5am.

It remended me of tiredness.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow - I was thinking the same thing the past few nites, especially last nite. Birds in my area chirping wildly about 1am (I'm a nite owl). Northeastern Pennsylvania. Been here all my life (35+ yrs). Never, ever heard this before. Nothing has changed in my area (no new lights, no new trees, no new development, no new kind of birds, no new neighbors or animals, etc.) Thought maybe I was going crazy. Apparently I'm not.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I was JUST going to start a thread similar to this. Around 1 a.m. last night I heard Canadian Geese squawking away and flying in the night sky. It was a rather mild night so I had the windows opened. They were so loud that it actually woke me from a deep sleep. Something is weird here folks, whether it be attributed to climate change, a magnetic shift, or what, I don't know. Baffling.

Oh yeah, forgot to add, I'm in northeastern U.S.

[edit on 3/20/2009 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I live in DENVER and noticed that the other night as well. Birds chirping at night is out of place. Like Tales From The Darkside out of place.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I agree. I live in the deep countryside of northern Michigan and my wife and I have been talking about this because last fall we noticed all these birds keep flying around our house at night singing and squawking.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Maybe it is the 11th hour and the birds have insomnia. They could be trying to warn us of impending doom. Tis entirely possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

The simple answer is light pollution.Street lights,security lights,landscape lighting and so forth make the night not quite so dark. You could always hear birds on full moon clear nights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join