It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Birds Singing At Night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The clue is with the Owl, too wit to woo, and when we want to make an impression like BING bmbmbmbm. we woo, or make a SONG and dance about it, which ever way you look at it ,they are happy, as we are when in the same boat or should i say mood, unless you ain,t getting nowt then you become like the miserable old CROW. anyway we can all do with a laugh now and then.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I think it goes more like..

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When the most primitive homo sapiens began conceiving of vocal music, surely they were inspired only by birds... the only, or certainly primarily, musical animal (besides cetatceans, the highest mammals other than us). Later on when politics (originally via religion) dominated humanity, birds began to represent, among however many, liberty or true freedom, which has only in the last century culminated in our primary physical expression of freedom: mechanical air (and space) travel. When I think about it, representing music and freedom is as close to a "godlike" status as any species need be. Let's hear it for DA BOIDZ (as I've been listening to several of them singing away this morning)!

And like our avian brothers and sisters, I too dislike light pollution.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I thought the same thing as I heard them at 12 midnight last week. It wasn't just one bird either, it was just as if it were 12 noon. I remember thinking it was really weird and now that I've seen this thread I'm even more freaked out.

I think our planet is going through some type of change and the magnetosphere is messin' with the animals. This could be why sea mammals are doing strange things in increasing frequency also.

I wonder if it is purely part of a natural cycle the Earth goes through or are we doing this, I'm sure you've all heard of HAARP.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i was in palm springs a couple of years ago noticed the birds singing at night too. thought it was the weirdest thing.
at first i thought it was because we had the back porch light on - a very large deck area. but that wasn't the case as we turned off the light, they would still be singing away.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I live in Dallas, TX and they started singing at night a couple of weeks ago. Really really weird. They use to not sing at night until recentley. I noticed it but never really thought about it until i saw this post. I wonder why. I had no idea it was happening all around the world. There is somethinng up with this. They say that animals have a stronger 6th sense than humans. Maybe they know something is going to happen, I don't know. I'm going to research it

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was unable to sleep for over two hours and thought I was dreaming or that the TV was on..... It was an Owl right outside my bedroom window repetitiously carrying on until I got up and made coffee at 4:30 AM..... I have never heard such a thing go on and on like this one did and haven't had one this close to my house that I can remember.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi , I'm from Austria and I too have been noticing the birds outside starting to sing or chirp early morning before dawn nearly around 3 am . Its weird Huh ? I kinda work in the night at home and I normaly goto sleep around 4- 5 am but recently I have took notice about this weird situation with the birds . I think its something in change we just don't know about yet .

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I agree with this synopsis. The birds are singing to us in our sleep...conveying some message that we need to become aware of.

Originally posted by hypervigilant
It was an Owl right outside my bedroom window repetitiously carrying on until I got up and made coffee at 4:30 AM..... I have never heard such a thing go on and on like this one did and haven't had one this close to my house that I can remember.

I have also had an owl do this same thing. Right outside my bedroom window.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
We moved out in the boonies just after Christmas, and my wife noticed the birds singing at night first, so unless they are flying into the city to mate, I doubt it's noise which is making them do it.

It gets so quiet here sometimes it's deafening almost, usually about 11pm-1am they start chirping, I've also seen some flying around at night, but they could be returning swallows or swifts.

What is making the birds do this while we sleep? what do they know?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I live in Austin and, damn, I forgot to mention that I heard a rather copiously singing bird at night a couple or so weeks ago. Looks like it's happening globally enough to indicate something of at least nominal significance.

Btw, for lurkers and whomever, I used to go by the name Lightworth.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Dean Goldberry]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I started wondering about that too.
We have birds singing at night here in central NC.
But I began wondering about that at the same time I began wondering why I can see clouds passing by at night.
Even on moonless nights.
I don't recall seeing clouds in the night sky when I was a kid.
So I chalked them both up to light pollution.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hey it's good to know birds have sleeping disorders. I kinda all the sudden feel a kinship toward them.

Awwww, poor little birdies. Can't sleep at night, and they can't even get a drink at the local pub, or pop a couple Valium. So they sing.

Maybe I should try that when I can't sleep. I'm sure that'll really piss some people off though , haha.

Seriously though, this is really odd. I know my dog goes through odd sleeping patterns just like me, but birds....

They're like natures clock, like the OP said, it coulda have even said roosters crowing in the morning ect is right up there with the sun rising. Birds are so instinctive, with thier migratory habits, travelling thousands of miles to the exact same tree every year.

Yea, I think if something is about to go wrong biologically with the earth. Heck any sort of small change, it definitely would be birds that would first show signs of odd behavior.

Now that I think about it, in the old cartoons isn't it always some little bird, or chick, that runs around saying "the sky is falling" ect.

Wierd stuff. This may have some real merit. S+F.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stmichael
The clue is with the Owl, too wit to woo, and when we want to make an impression like BING bmbmbmbm. we woo, or make a SONG and dance about it, which ever way you look at it ,they are happy, as we are when in the same boat or should i say mood, unless you ain,t getting nowt then you become like the miserable old CROW. anyway we can all do with a laugh now and then.

Crows are far from miserable. Ever taken the time to sit down and listen to them? They are vibrant, energetic creatures. They speak subtly. you can almost understand them, when you sit down under a tree where they are crowing and chattering. Then you hear the way they talk. With such a vocal range that you never notice till you listen. And when they notice you, you know they're wondering about you. Not just because you're a beast under their tree, but because you also notice them.

Fascinating, intelligent creatures.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I notice this activity late back in 2002 in Los Angeles, California. of Mockingbirds singing at night. At first I thought it was some sort of sound device that these people in the neighbourhood put in their trees ( I guess ) making these bird sounds coming from their yards. So I kinda ignore it for a while. Then I moved to Bakersfield and back in 2008 around 12am thru 3am. I hear these birds just-a-singing all hours through the night. Now I was kinda shock about it and still this day I hear them at night having "conversations" with eachother. Its sorta good in a way. It lets me feel some sort of peace at night when im outside. Nature must be changing with in its own environment that we yet do not understand, or could it be to something to do with current climate changes? It will remain a mystery until further study is conducted. But excellent topic for this discussion. I thought I was the only one who notice.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Retseh

I think it goes more like..

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

ZING!!

Somehow someone somewhere was thinking the same thing I was, but I was trying to come up with an ending more dramatic, now there is no point.. lol

Crazy... you beat me to it !!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I were walking my dog two nights ago and heard birds singing around 7:30pm, well after the sun sets. Both us thought it strange. Also, I live in Denver and it's been unusually warm here the last two months. March is statistically our snowiest month, but we've only gotten trace amounts so far. So yeah, it's strange. I figured the warmer weather here had something to do with it, but it's odd to see it happening other places as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thats really weird. I live in Yorkshire & have been going to bed at about 3-30am as I usually do & have been perplexed at the fact that the birds have been singing at that time, something they don't usually do.

I've noticed this for the past couple of weeks.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
When the most primitive homo sapiens began conceiving of vocal music, surely they were inspired only by birds... the only, or certainly primarily, musical animal (besides cetatceans, the highest mammals other than us). Later on when politics (originally via religion) dominated humanity, birds began to represent, among however many, liberty or true freedom, which has only in the last century culminated in our primary physical expression of freedom: mechanical air (and space) travel. When I think about it, representing music and freedom is as close to a "godlike" status as any species need be. Let's hear it for DA BOIDZ (as I've been listening to several of them singing away this morning)!

And like our avian brothers and sisters, I too dislike light pollution.

Da Boidz!

A bit off topic, but that just reminds me of a thing I read a bazillion years ago on a BBS.

Da Spwing has spwung, da gwass has wizz..
I wonda ware da boidiez is?
I taut da boidz was on da wing - but dats absoid.
Because da wingz iz on da boidiez!

Or some spelling.

Wish I knew where that came from, some random bloke or something else. Never forgotten it.

As for the birds singing at night. I don't hear them here. I only hear them at first light in the mornings, but cant remember the last time I did. Perth. I used to also hear a rooster crowing at first light, in the distance. I don't hear HIM anymore.

10 to 5am now, and I don't hear a thing. Even on sundays the birds are on break.

I think it's a sign for sure, that nature is changing it's ways, but Id rather hear birds at night, than not at all.

*edit for i know not farmyard animamamals..

[edit on 3/21/2009 by bloodcircle]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I lived in SoCal in the mid 90's. Birds sang late and night and very very early in the morning. So, it sounds like people just may be suddenly noticing, because someone mentioned it. So that suggestion became highly tuned in their minds.

Red Car Syndrome.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join