It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen lawsuits might target NASA UFO photo fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
ATS is ablaze with NASA threads and on some of them, recently, we have been graced with the presence from very knowledgeable people in this field.

In many of the posts, some members have stressed that NASA is a genuine agency and has the general publics interest at heart.

For the record I have been disputing this claim and it seems I am not alone on this issue I hope people do take action and start to demand more it is after all our money.

Claims that U.S. space agency NASA is defrauding American taxpayers could inspire a flood of lawsuits. But don’t expect high-priced lawyers or a Federal case. Instead, Americans with no legal training could be filing these lawsuits against NASA in small claims courts. The idea was recently proposed at the International UFO Congress. It is also likely to be brought up at the X-Conference 2009 in Gaithersburg, MD, during April 17-19.

Don't just except my word for it:

Harsh criticism has been directed at NASA's inspector general. The NASA IG was criticized for being unable to account for $565 billion in a 2008 audit and for not complying with the inspector general's mandate to root out "waste, fraud and abuse". The IG was also criticized for retaliating against whistle-blowers and failing to investigate safety violations, according to a Washington Post article. Additionally, in March 2009, a former NASA top official was indicted for steering million of dollars to a consulting client.

and theres more.....

NASA has stated that part of its official mission is to "Look for signs of life in other planetary systems". To accomplish that mission it gets over $17 billion a year in taxpayer funding.

NASA is ripe for being targeted by citizen lawsuits. Citizens are angry over government waste. They are outraged at seeing their hard-earned taxes used for bailouts to companies like AIG, only so see million-dollar bonuses go to employees.

This is our money that is going to this Agency, and what do they do with it? why do they need more and more each year?

If you spend a little time looking in to NASA you will find that there is more to this Agency than meets the eye.

Dr Edgar Mitchell

Former NASA astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell and other NASA employees have said for years that there is a government cover-up of the presence of extraterrestrial visitors to Earth. But a NASA spokesman countered Mitchell’s claims by stating, "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.”

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 percent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets"[5] and that UFOs have been the "subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out

If Edgar Mitchell is telling the truth and NASA are exposed by some of these events and other circumstances over the next few months/years NASA will lose all public trust and this could lead to public demonstrations demanding action be taken to those who lied to us. and indeed filter into something worst. Its about time we stood up and be counted.

Link to NASA quote

Link to Edgar Mitchell

[edit on 19-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes but you see, its like the people, workers, who tried to sue the government, for getting sick from burning toxic waste at area 51.
They couldn't, because the evidence needed, any discussion of the topic at all, was excluded as being classified for national security.
The same goes here.
Dick Cheney openly tells people publicly on tv, that UFO's are classified.
Which is pretty much an admission they exist really.
But only for non stupid people

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Yes but you see, its like the people, workers, who tried to sue the government, for getting sick from burning toxic waste at area 51.
They couldn't, because the evidence needed, any discussion of the topic at all, was excluded as being classified for national security.
The same goes here.

Sure I understand fully what you say, however, I believe its all about numbers. One person will not be heard however, if more join in, a result can be achieved through public perception and understanding.

The more people cause NASA unwanted media attention' the more likely we will see a change.

The quicker the better in my opinion

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It seems to me this approach could work, a bit like lots of little David's winging stones at a very large Goliath.

Somehow I am so sure they have more ways to cover their butts than Congress, the money for the "secret" programs has to come from somewhere. Imagine if you will a Congressional hearing on extraterrestrial technology and expenditures.

Wonder if NASA leaders will be as red as Mr. Liddy.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
This is our money that is going to this Agency, and what do they do with it? why do they need more and more each year? If you spend a little time looking in to NASA you will find that there is more to this Agency than meets the eye.

The Supreme Court ruled, in one of it's first cases, that tax-payers cannot sue the government or its agencies on the sole basis of being tax-payers. If they wish to sue NASA, they will have to find a different tact and demonstrate they are being personally hurt by NASA's actions.

If Edgar Mitchell is telling the truth and NASA are exposed by some of these events...

You left the part out where Mitchell said NASA was not involved...

In an interview with Fox News on July 25, 2008, Mitchell clarified that his comments did not involve NASA
(Same Source as above)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

When did Dick Cheney do this?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I hope something comes from this but I doubt it will. I imagine NASA bigwigs to be among the most powerful in the world!! They will most likely be reverse engineering anything found and selling the gains bit by bit to the tech companies.

So they will have the full financial backing of most big companies, although some are alittle short on cash so now could be the perfect time to hit them.

I doubt that if the people did manage to get to the bottom of part of this it would come out into the public light anyway. Imagine the embarassment for the US government if it came out that corruption ran down from the top of its space program, or that top politicians were involved too. But again since this is a new party in charge it could be the perfect time for Obama to be seen as flushing out corruption from the old regime.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
You left the part out where Mitchell said NASA was not involved...

Not intentionally, I can assure you my friend.

On July 23, 2008 Edgar Mitchell was interviewed on Kerrang Radio by Nick Margerrison. Mitchell claimed the Roswell crash was real and that aliens have contacted humans several times but that governments have hidden the truth for 60 years stating, "I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real."

How do you suppose that he knows all this information if not through NASA?.

I expect that he said NASA was not involved after receiving some pretty nasty phone calls shortly after he went public.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

When did Dick Cheney do this?

It was not on TV. Most likely a TV program has reproduced the audio from the Radio show where Dick Cheney said it.

The questioning of Dick Cheney took place during Cheney's appearance on the Washington D.C. Public Radio Station WAMU on April 11, 2001. Dick Cheney spoke from the White House.

www.wamu.org...

The question arises 26 minutes into the archived program for those
who want to go to the link and listen to it.

Researcher Grant Cameron: Since the statement made by George Bush last July, there is a vicious rumor circulating in the UFO community that you've been read into the UFO program. So my question to you is, in any of your government jobs, have you ever been briefed on the subject of UFOs, and if you have, when was it and what were you told?

Cheney: Well, if I had been briefed on it, I'm sure it was probably classified and I couldn't talk about it.

source

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The same goes here.

Although I agree 100% with what you are saying I would like to point out that the 'official' government statement is that they no longer do any research on UFOs. So, with that said, if Cheney is saying this publicly that they are 'classified' then it would show that their official stance is garbage.

Then again, he could be referring to the classified test flights of our planes and such. Or he was simply trying to create more confusion. I would like to see him actually saying this though.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If the Government of the US and by extention NASA ,do not investigate UFO then NASA could take a cut in funding without complaint or lessening of service then ? Since its one of the main missions of the organisation anyway , I find it odd to say the least if there truely are NO investigations underway at this point.
The problem is that we live in a time when all information can be labeled as "matter of national security" . Isnt it odd that all the stuff we really want to know is under that bracket ? Wouldnt it be lovely if that rating had to be independantly verified by a memember of the public, over whom the government have only limited control , compared to say , an employee of the state .

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

How do you suppose that he knows all this information if not through NASA?

Perhaps if you had bothered to do any reading on the subject, you would already know. Go back and read your own sources. Mitchell is clear he came to this opinion after his time with NASA, and people have approached him with their stories. Nothing Mitchell talks about is from his own personal experience or knowledge.

I expect that he said NASA was not involved after receiving some pretty nasty phone calls shortly after he went public.

You are speculating and confusing speculation with fact, yet again. And your speculation makes no sense; why would NASA, who you believe is trying to cover up extraterrestrial visitation, tell Mitchell to disavow NASA of responsibility, and not tell him to shut up on the issue altogether?

At this point, you are picking and choosing which of his comments you accept.

new topics

top topics

join