It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Announces Plan to Buy More Than $1Trillion in Assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Fed Announces Plan to Buy More Than $1Trillion in Assets

www.foxbusiness.com

The Federal Reserve’s policy committee on Wednesday said that the Fed would buy more than $1 trillion in assets to revive credit markets, also leaving its target interest-rate range of 0% to 0.25% unchanged and signaling that the economy still has a long way to go before it recovers.

The Federal Open Market Committee said it would buy up to $300 billion in longer-term Treasuries over the next six months, up to an additional $750 billion in agency mortgage-backed securities (bringing the total this year to $1.25 trillion) and up to an additional $100 billion in agency debt (bringing the total up to $200 billion).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ok, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but where are the feds getting another trillion dollars to spend in the next six months?

Then, the value of the dollar goes down some more. How much more money can they make to spend? And how much lower can they take the value of a dollar? Does this mean that our great grandchildren are going to be paying for this too?

www.foxbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/18/09 by opal13]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

With the kind of debt we've got going on here, yeah i'm thinking about 10 generations are going to be paying for this....that's IF the government will ever actually figure out how to balance the books!

Looks like they'll just keep printing money until it'll be better served as toilet paper than actual currency.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
One word - wow.

Maybe they don't have enough ink to print money instead?

Well, I guess they'll have to, to buy up all this debt.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Maybe they're doing it on credit? Let's see - who has that much to foot the funds... China maybe? I wonder what the interest on this kind of transaction would be like ... the State of Michigan?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by opal13

, but where are the feds getting another trillion dollars to spend in the next six months?

They are going to buy Treasuries at the regular 'Auctions'...
((and the Fed will 'pay' in IOUs))
but here's the catch... the Fed is going to buy the longer term
Treasuries....bonds or whatever
until & unless the bottom completely falls out for US Treasuries and the Fed
needs to 'buy up' all the future 1yr/2yr- and up to the new issue 7 yr securities,
--> because the world markes might treat US Treasuries like Small-
Pox victims in the near future.

Keep in mind, that the Fed gets paid when Treasuries are issued and then converted into cash... otherwise the Fed only gets 'paid' the interest rate of the Treasury...
(which is put into the Fed 'Balance Sheet'

which is no way to perform a financial coup & take over the policy making decisions that the existing branches of government are currently performing ~rather badly~ !
Which is just what the Fed/Treas are currently undertaking... a bloodless coup

[edit on 18-3-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
"The Federal Reserve’s policy committee on Wednesday said that the Fed would buy more than $1 trillion in assets..."

Or should it read:

"The owners of the Federal Reserve’s policy committee on Wednesday said that the Fed would buy more than $1 trillion in assets..."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I just look today documentary about history of nuclear subs - and how expensive those weapons has been to US taxpayers...

800 Billion dollars.

"Whats that, really?"

Fed is pumping those kind of money to markets almost every week... USA Bankers has loose their minds... USA is in so deep #, that I just wonder - where are those brave patriot peoples fighting from capitol hill?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I actually wouldn't point the finger at the FRB. They are raping us, because Congress is not only allowing it, but assisting in the process. Congress has relinquished their fiscal responsibility. We allowed it to occur an continue. Next election we throw ALL the bastards out . PERIOD !

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

The Federal Reserve is about as "FEDERAL" as Federal Express. They are not owned or run by our government they are a privately owned bank. There are plenty of threads on here about it and a simple internet search will find you plenty of information on it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yes lets have a "private" owned company buy us, its exactly what they want, one step closer to World takeover,

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
xoxo stacie,
has already said what the Federal Reserve Bank is..it's private and everybody and their Granny owes them and has done for a very long time and you will never see their books...ever!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by opal13

, but where are the feds getting another trillion dollars to spend in the next six months?

They are going to buy Treasuries at the regular 'Auctions'...
((and the Fed will 'pay' in IOUs))
but here's the catch... the Fed is going to buy the longer term
Treasuries....bonds or whatever
until & unless the bottom completely falls out for US Treasuries and the Fed
needs to 'buy up' all the future 1yr/2yr- and up to the new issue 7 yr securities,
--> because the world markes might treat US Treasuries like Small-
Pox victims in the near future.

Keep in mind, that the Fed gets paid when Treasuries are issued and then converted into cash... otherwise the Fed only gets 'paid' the interest rate of the Treasury...
(which is put into the Fed 'Balance Sheet'

which is no way to perform a financial coup & take over the policy making decisions that the existing branches of government are currently performing ~rather badly~ !
Which is just what the Fed/Treas are currently undertaking... a bloodless coup

[edit on 18-3-2009 by St Udio]

With all the IOU's being handed out, I believe that we should ALL start paying our bills in IOU's.

Oh wait...I just checked the fine print on the dollar bill.....we ARE paying in IOU's!!!!

new topics

top topics

join