It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dodd facing fresh political firestorm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Obama Officials Sought to Keep AIG Bonuses: Dodd.

NBC ... Obama's suck up lap dogs ... reported this???

If I were Chris Dodd, I'd be getting a food tester to try everything before I ate it. Obama's used to Chicago politics and won't like Dodd squeeling on him.

NO CHANGE. NO HOPE. NO UNITY.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have a question about the use of "Administration".

During the time this was written, the Administration was under George W. Bush. I checked the release on Senator Dodd's site and it is not clear which administration he is referring to. Are there other sources quoting him where he specifies which administration?

“I’m the one who has led the fight against excessive executive compensation, often over the objections of many. I did not want to make any changes to my original Senate-passed amendment but I did so at the request of Administration officials, who gave us no indication that this was in any way related to AIG. Let me be clear – I was completely unaware of these AIG bonuses until I learned of them last week.

Statement of Senator Dodd

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So was it Bush or Obama?

The point is that it doesn't matter.
They're all in on the game.
They're all crooks.

I know it is much to early to ask people nationwide to sign a petition of vote of no confidence. Too many people have the wool over their eyes.
But geeze man, something needs to be done! And quick.
They going to ruin this country, if they haven't already.

I am starting to agree with the poster who mentioned that Geralde Celiente was right all along.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Get in there my son!!!!!!!!!!!

To all the Obama brown nose's who believe the sun shines from his @ss....
When are you all going to realise that he is just the puppet for the real powers that be. Yeah sure maybe he does not know the whole picture of what is planned behind the curtains, but he sure as hell knew why they wanted the bonuses included didn't he!!!!!

Wake the f up and try to stop yourselves looking like idiots all the time. Use of any logic would be nice you know.......

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think "the powers that be" are fully aware of this and it has been planned. Perhaps they want the people to get angry. It wouldnt have made the news the way it did if they would not have wanted it. The strings are being pulled. The question is, for what reason and to what end?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Grossac]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

It refers to the Obama administration. Refer to that CNN link I posted on the last page. This statement by Dodd is actually a reaction to the Treasury Department pointing the finger at him first. CNN's source did not want to be named, but if it were a former Bush administration official, I'm confident that CNN would have went out of their way to indicate at least that much.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This just goes to show everyone that it makes no difference which side you pick they are all in bed with the powers that be.

I'll take a large popcorn without butter please.

Originally posted by vor78
Its over, folks. Dodd just tossed Obama under the bus. The Obama administration is toast.

Obama Officials Sought to Keep AIG Bonuses: Dodd.

In a stunning development, Sen. Christopher Dodd said that Obama administration officials asked him to add language to last month's federal stimulus bill to make sure the controversial AIG bonuses remained in place

Get your popcorn ready. This is going to get awfully interesting.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The fake outrage is to drum up public support and to hide what else is going on.

1. Public support to tax these bonuses at 90%. If we allow the government to tax these bonuses at 90% where does it stop. Why not just tax all income at 90%.

2. Shame the employees who got the money into giving it back. Why should they. They signed contracts that outlined what they were entitled to.

3. Hide the facts about the $50 billion plus that AIG paid out to other institutions.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by justascam

In essence, that is exactly what they are doing. They are taxing income at 90%.
Dangerous precident to be setting.

I mean, the contracts are valid. Therefore, settlement must be rendered.

Otherwise, we have set the stage for the Government to null and void any contract it deems fit WHEN it deems fit.

I still don't understand why this is such a shocker. I mean, it is a diversion tactic. They are getting people stirred up over this while they overlook the fact that the REST of the bailout money is either being sat on or moved overseas.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Lets not lose sight of the fact that this 90% tax proposal is also illegal on three counts.

1) It would be an example of an ex post facto law.
2) It would be conviction and punishment of selected individuals without a trial, an example of a Bill of Attainder.
3) Congress would be acting as judge, jury and executioner, a clear violation of the Separation of Powers enumerated in the Constitution.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

What a surprise! Nobody in the MSM is calling the Obama administration out on this today. I have been scanning the news all morning and nobody is really covering it now that it has come out that the Obama team was aware of these bonuses. The MSM is in the tank for Obama and refuses to cover anything that might make him look bad.

I think we all deserve an explaination from the president about this. What is the deal? Did Obama know or was he kept out of the loop?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDog1974
Next speech on the teleprompter:

"Nothing to see here, folks. Move along..."

"Didn't you notice that tip-off for March Madness starts in just about an hour. Do you have your brackets ready?"

I wonder if Dodd picked UConn for the Final Four?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by MrBigDog1974]

Starred.

The teleprompter comment is my absolute favorite post on this thread so far!

Wait! On second thought, it's really not so funny after all ...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Dont you people think by not doing anything about the fraud and theft of billions of dollars that your not doomed?
The world is waiting to pick america apart.......let the flea market begin!
Ever wonder why no one has been asassinated latley? Because it was never a regular joe like you or me doing the killing it was allways the government. Thats why Bush and Obama walk around with there heads up...I hear alot about patriots and there love for america but I see no actions from society except to scam money. Lets face it, if yournot in the army or a political leader, chances are your worthless in the eyes of lifes beholders. I seen this comming many many years ago, look at old WW2 footage of the camps and then watch some african refugees and its easy to see were next.

link   
Here is what I think took place.
The Obama administration needed control of the AIG machine. They recognized it for what it is..a huge corporation that has a choke-hold on the global economy.

So they made sure to add the amendment to insure that the executives in positions of power in the company, that is to say, policy making decisions, would be recipients of the bonuses.
These executives would now be beholding to the Obama administration.

Controlling AIG would be a major step in the Obama administrations goal to control the Global economy in a way that no previous administration had ever been capable of.

Who knows what kind of backdoor deals were made with these AIG execs.

It looks to me like some Democrat Senators & Congressman were left out of the loop. Failing to get their piece of the pie, they made sure that this blew up in the face of the Obama administration.

This is just my humble opinion. But I believe it to be true.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Sparky63]

link   
reply to post by vor78

I agree with you on all three counts. However we are currently dealing with a very thin line on what the government feels it can get away with it.

Barney Frank tells the CEO of AIG the names of all of the people that received bonuses, why? Some may agree that some of these bonuses are over the top but these people had valid contracts and are entitled to be paid under those contracts. The Government has no need for their names, what is this the Spanish Inquisition.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

But also remember that it is AIG that also insures the private congressional pension fund.

That's why congress HAD to bail them out.

Edit: Just checked with factcheck.com and found out it was the Federal Reserve and not congress that bailed out AIG. I stand corrected.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Its mob-rule, my friend. In fact, I'd almost go as far as to call it extortion by the federal government in light of the death threats against these individuals and their families. The gov't is basically saying 'name the people involved and give the money back, and all of this will be over.'

Its truly disgusting to see our government behaving like this.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Good point Centurian1211!. There is much more here than meets the eye.
I love good scandal. I just hope we eventually end up with the truth.

The bonuses are a drop in the bucket compared to the trillions of our dollars that have been & will be spent, "for the better good".

The AIG execs will be very grateful when they are allowed to keep their bonuses. I just wonder how they will repay the Obama administration for their generosity.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think the following is the NEW slogan for the Obama 3 Ring Circus:

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive!

And should be inserted at the beginning of EVERY Obama breaking news thread from here on out....as they develop faster then we could ever imagine.

Obama will get away with everything.....because that is what happens with the wizard behind the curtain. The wizard presses a button and WALA problem gone!

And Dodd better watch his back....he may start "feeling suicidal" soon.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Appreciate the star.

Sad but true. I'm also sure Coach K will be investigated for something as well after the dig on Obama and his bracket picks instead of working on the economy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join