It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dodd facing fresh political firestorm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) looks like he may be facing a fresh political firestorm. Dodd just admitted on CNN that he inserted a loophole in the stimulus legislation that allowed million-dollar bonuses to insurance giant AIG to go forward – after previously denying any involvement in writing the controversial provision. .

news.yahoo.com...

And he finally admits it...

His ass is fried.

Way to go buddy.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well since Dodd admitted it, what do you think Obama and McCain are going to have to say about this? Are they going to man up and say that they were also a part of the scheme? "Lets just act like we are going to come down hard on these people, while meanwhile recieving money for our troubles of having to deal with them". (*cking politicians, they are all scum. I would be willing to overlook this all if they take cigarettes to $2 a pack. =). But that aint gunna happen now is it? So why should we give a damn about their problems if they dont give a damn about ours? Oh they say that they do, but their actions prove otherwise.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
These people should be impeached for their obvious crimes.
Will it happen? I think it's hard to say, as things seem to be reaching a fever pitch across the country right now. There's no way that they can all continue to just dodge this until the crap cloud floats on by, I think they are screwed. At least I hope so, we really need to hold members of the federal government to a higher standard, it's time to hold their butts to the fire!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Its over, folks. Dodd just tossed Obama under the bus. The Obama administration is toast.

Obama Officials Sought to Keep AIG Bonuses: Dodd.

In a stunning development, Sen. Christopher Dodd said that Obama administration officials asked him to add language to last month's federal stimulus bill to make sure the controversial AIG bonuses remained in place

Get your popcorn ready. This is going to get awfully interesting.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

HOLY !@:L@K#J!!!!!!

What in the world is Obama's administration doing?

We are all being played!

What a bombshell.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It looks like Dodd knew his butt was cooked so he's taking people down with him?!?!

WOW

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Holy crap thanks for the update!
This is going to get ugly...I hope.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I been saying Dodd was one of the true evils in America for over a year now. Finally, the rest of you believe me.

MAYBE people will NOW look around and realize... Caliente(sp?) was right. GAME OVER.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is getting good, where are you guys gettibg updates from?

Or is this all played out in the news already?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

LOL !!!! Even after Stewart took him on, Cramer is celebrating how awesome the economy is recouping...

I have no idea what he is getting at with his talk of Obama being lightyears ahead of his predecessor... "Bush and Paulson never once changed direction. The Obama team is different."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
2 questions

Why the fake outrage by our politicians if they were aware these bonuses would be paid?

Will this turn out to be Obama's first real scandal since Dodd says the administration lobbied for this change?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Obama's statements about the outrage toward AIG being justified are about to come back to bite him in the *** as hard as is possible.

I just can't believe the administration thought this would never come to light. I guess he was expecting Dodd to keep his mouth shut, but like any politician, he squealed once the pressure got turned up too high.

This is going to be ugly.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They will say he is trying to turn the blame off of himself eventhough what he is saying is most likely true.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Obama's credibility just went down the drain.

Guess he thought America would just go along with the show because of his charisma.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Just wait till the Spin Doctors do there "magic"

Obama will come out smelling like a rose

Remember this post

Your anger will be misplaced again

Welcome to THE LAND OF THE FREE

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Its over, folks. Dodd just tossed Obama under the bus. The Obama administration is toast.

Obama Officials Sought to Keep AIG Bonuses: Dodd.

In a stunning development, Sen. Christopher Dodd said that Obama administration officials asked him to add language to last month's federal stimulus bill to make sure the controversial AIG bonuses remained in place

Get your popcorn ready. This is going to get awfully interesting.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by vor78]

Holeeeeeeeee CRAP!!!!! What in the world is Dodd trying to accomplish by going on record like that??

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Gotta love youtube.
It's up and running folks, this is big time!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Thanx m8, very fast , Star, but I see ole Bama getting outta this np, some staffer will get 1 million in a off shore acc and take the fall, this is over

Ed sp

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Seany]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

This will not be good for Obama. He publicly expressed outrage on Monday and today Dodd throws him under the bus and admits that the Obama administration knew about it. Obama knew all along and faked anger. What a rookie mistake. Let the backpedaling begin.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That doesn't make sense.

If AIG is gonna get 160 million dollar bonuses. And they knew they were scheduled to get 160 million dollar bonuses, I dont' think they thought it would never come to light.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join