It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Google Maps, WTF?

page: 19
54
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford
 


I was hoping you found my map Intriguing .If you want you can come visit me on my thread. I dont think I have permission to name it here. I get a kick out of evryone getting mad at each other, including me.
This thread has had a few more bites, not dead yet.




posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld
 


This last one?
It doesnt look like theres much there.
Am i missing something?
I am a man, so sometimes i have to be held by the hand and walked into it...
What i see is a few craters on the side of the road, and a "x" that was "erased" in the middle? or maybe it was hit dead center, and was filled back in.
This is kinda like a Rorscach test for the conspiracy-minded, no?
There, i stuck my tounge back out at you!



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The one symbol to the top of that "swastika" thing, looks like a battleship or destroyer as viewed top down. And that square with the 6 circles to the right of the swastika is perhaps a building/factory viewed top down.

Im guessing maybe these were used to simulate the actual target size of a real battleship/factory at a certain altitude. These could be used train pilots in accurately dropping their ordnance during ww2 or Vietnam; or perhaps to quickly identify shapes like that during an actual engagement.

Just a theory, but it is a little weird....



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BabyTeaLeaf
The one symbol to the top of that "swastika" thing, looks like a battleship or destroyer as viewed top down. And that square with the 6 circles to the right of the swastika is perhaps a building/factory viewed top down.

Im guessing maybe these were used to simulate the actual target size of a real battleship/factory at a certain altitude. These could be used train pilots in accurately dropping their ordnance during ww2 or Vietnam; or perhaps to quickly identify shapes like that during an actual engagement.

Justhome.comcast.net... a theory, but it is a little weird....

home.comcast.net... lets try this....
Again!
Nothing personal, i promise....



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I got to this post late. If anyone reads David Hatcher Childress, in his Lost Cities.. series, there are references to stone fences built in the middle of the syrian desert between Iraq and Jordan, well actually they are located in east Jordan, and for a long time people scratched their heads what they could be. There was a whole spectrum of opinions. Eventually everyone settled on them being ancient tools for hunters. They would chase game on horseback and chase them into the stone fenced area. The stone fences were situated in such a way that they had a cross shape, so the game could be herded in from any angle and it would "hook" the game into a smaller area where they could not escape, thus giving the hunters the needed edge to take down the game.

When I first saw what people are calling the swastika, my first thought was this is a cattle herding tool. This part of New Mexico is cowboy country. There are more actual cowboys in this part of New Mexico than there are in Texas. So, this could be fencing that was established a long time ago when the historic yearly cattle drives occured from Mexico to Canada and back.

This swastika is not a ditch, its a raised wall. Look at the topology map. It will confirm what I'm saying.

I don't think the swastika is anything supernatural or spooky. don't have any opnions about the other objects.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by archangelbot
I got to this post late. If anyone reads David Hatcher Childress, in his Lost Cities.. series, there are references to stone fences built in the middle of the syrian desert between Iraq and Jordan, well actually they are located in east Jordan, and for a long time people scratched their heads what they could be. There was a whole spectrum of opinions. Eventually everyone settled on them being ancient tools for hunters. They would chase game on horseback and chase them into the stone fenced area. The stone fences were situated in such a way that they had a cross shape, so the game could be herded in from any angle and it would "hook" the game into a smaller area where they could not escape, thus giving the hunters the needed edge to take down the game.

When I first saw what people are calling the swastika, my first thought was this is a cattle herding tool. This part of New Mexico is cowboy country. There are more actual cowboys in this part of New Mexico than there are in Texas. So, this could be fencing that was established a long time ago when the historic yearly cattle drives occured from Mexico to Canada and back.

This swastika is not a ditch, its a raised wall. Look at the topology map. It will confirm what I'm saying.

I don't think the swastika is anything supernatural or spooky. don't have any opnions about the other objects.

home.comcast.net... Here, try this link.
Itll tell you what they are.
We have moved past that and are now discussing the motivation, and artistic views of the mechanics of these structures, for lack of better terms.
Or maybe, what they were thinkin when they made em, would work too.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by archangelbot
 


Hey archangelbot
This may be a a simulated Surface to Air Missile (SAM) site. Fighter pilots use that as a target to bomb. I'm open to other opinions??



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
oops I load a picture of an undergrounb bom sire in a sec.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Underground bomb test site in Nevada




It looks like a flat cake.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
home.comcast.net... Here, try this link.
Itll tell you what they are.
We have moved past that and are now discussing the motivation, and artistic views of the mechanics of these structures, for lack of better terms.
Or maybe, what they were thinkin when they made em, would work too.


Are you reading your posts? You've mentioned "here, try this link" and no link is there.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by archangelbot
 


Oh boy, i look like an idiot! I copied and pasted, and it aint there. let me try again.
Sorry!
And its a link to all the active and inactive bombing ranges, i forget who originally posted them.
Sorry girls and guys!!!



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Whiteone posted the link back on page four.
home.comcast.net...

ATS trims down links over a certain length.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by RuneSpider]



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
home.comcast.net...
Ok, i hope this one works.
Wonderworld, this pic looks a bit more closer to the civilized world.
If we can call it that?
This is a s.a.m. site you were talking about?
Is it where they are just tested, or are they launched there too?
I see something resembling an area of "traffic", where the scrub-brush and ground is worn, in the upper right?



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider
 


Thanks Rune.
Man, i feel like a tool.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford
 


Don't worry about it, if I'd have thought for a sec, I'd have figured you'd be reposting the link.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford
 


Hey friend,
I think you need to firtst upload you image to the member media center first then copy the url in to the tab. This is a fun thread. Good concepts!



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld
 


Yeah, i figured out how i messed up.
Sorry for droppin the ball here.
So this new one is a s.a.m. site, rite?



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford
 


If you are talking about the flat cake looking pic. No that is an Underground atomic bomb test site. The real thing. Not a Sam site. I had a question for you but cant find my u2u after deleting my messages.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here are some jets on the Nellis airfield . If you look on google earth you can follow the road and airfield to the base of a mountain. It's veiled over but this is where they hit and attack th opening of the mountain.





posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Cripes, it only put half on the picure on there, usually you can click on it to make it larger. I'll try a different method.



new topics

top topics



 
54
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join