It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Test Site Runway ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well, I found in GoogleEarth a small portion of lands near the NTS and Nellis AFB, and that seems to be barracks, some hangars and one runway. Do any of you know exactly what area is?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I honestly don't know mate, there are planes on the floor and its an obvious hanger but to its written purpose im stumped, i did a little google search and nothing of worth came back, hope some one else knows.

edit - If it is the Mercury section than this link should be helpful... LINK

Fox

[edit on 17-3-2009 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If you look to the north of the runway, you can see all of the craters left by nuclear testing.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

Yes, if you look carefully you will see the runways leading to a mountain. these are only practice target areas. Mostly simulated. I know someone who used to work there.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

Also Nelllis can be ruled out as a Fema Concentration camp. No trains or barbed wire fences there.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is the Industrial complex, showing simulated target areas by the mountain and other places. and one of the airfield.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope these links t the pics work.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I cant seem to get the photo on the page you can view the larger images in my photos folder. I've never tried attching them before. The industrial complex is the large rectangle building in the center of the photo.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The runway in the first picture in the new airfield at Yucca Lake (Area 6). The old, unpaved airstrip on the west edge of the dry lakebed has been there since the early days of nuclear testing but the paved runway and hangar complex was built recently.

Lockheed Martin used the lakebed runway and older hangar for flight-test operations during initial trials of the P-175 Polecat UAV in 2005.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
No one works at this industrial complex, there is no people in the town, there are no real airplanes on the airfields. They are all simulated and only look real from the air where fighter pilots shoot 'em up and blow 'em up. After they attack the targets we are hired to go back to these sites and rebuild them. The simulated towns and targets do not have names. Yes, several targets go into the base of a mountain like the real enemy would do. They will dig tunnels into the mountain for safety. Pilots are then trained how to attack those tunnels and seal the enemy inside. All enemy tactics are trained for by the pilots.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

The satellite caught a PC-12 and B190. Obviously the LMCO and Groom Lake planes, respectively.

I spent at least an hour with the PAO for the DOE regarding this new runway. No environmental reports were filed, clearly a no-no. Think of the desert tortoises!

You may recall I caught one of the LMCO PC-12s landing at Groom Lake with the "Booty" callsign on the Groom tower frequency. The LCMO PC-12s are based out of KVGT.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That is Area 51.

I used to travel to las vegas frequently.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Lockheed Martin run the Yucca Lake (Área 6) airfield?
Look this interesting article: www.shundahai.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The Department of Energy operates the airfield at Yucca Lake (Area 6). Customers, such as Lockheed Martin, can make arrangements through DoE to use it for various projects. The original unpaved lakebed runway was built to support nuclear explosives testing.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

I'm not so sure the LMCO project comes under "use of the facilities." I think you are referring to the chemical spill area much further north of this new runway, though still in the same general area.

Given how little information there was about the construction of this new runway, I'd bet LMCO paid the cost of construction, or set up some restricted lease or leaseback deal.

While easy to see from the NTS itself, you need to go pretty high up Mt. Sterling to snoop on this airspace.

Speaking of the NTS, I was monitoring Groom Tower and heard a pilot instructed to use "Media Day Approach". [Sorry, no recording.] Now since Groom Lake never had a media day, I have to assume this meant Media Day at the NTS. However, hope springs eternal that their will someday be a Media Day at Groom Lake, and the ATC is just being proactive.

top topics

join