It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been grossed out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

I don't know whether or not you'd consider this, or if it would be the right thing for your brother, but have you heard of colon cleansing tablets?

They liquidise all the impacted matter in your system. You just take them at night and be sure to stay near the loo the next day.

It takes several 'goes' to completely clear your system, either on consecutive days or at weekends when you have the free time.

It's a bit more drastic than a laxative but has the benefit that once your system is clean you are better able to digest food. That could give your brother a head start, as it were, since his medication is causing him constipation.

Anyway, it might be worth investigating. It's easy to find more information about them on the internet.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Thanks so much for that, I'll certainly mention that to him. I'll figure out a way to work it into the conversation !

He's sitting beside me watching "Worlds Worst Police Chases" or some such thing, watching that and eating chocolate profiteroles ! We've had a lovely day, he's been really well too which is great, this afternoon we went for a walk a few miles along the River Clyde walkway to the hydro power station at Bonnington, beautiful sunny Spring day.

I'm so content tonight. All seems right in our own little world

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

I just want to say what a great sister you are. Your brother is lucky to have you. I work with "challenged" high school students and most of them are thrown away by their parents.

KUDDOS to you.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass

I'm so content tonight. All seems right in our own little world

I hope it stays that way - isn't spring wonderful? It seems to be working its magic for you.

fishneedh20 is right - your brother is lucky to have you.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well it wasn't me but I took part in doing it.

On board a US Navy ship I was on we had a massive CHT spill in the engineering berthing head which happens quite a lot, people get trapped in their racks as sewage flows around, its quite awful.

As engineers it is unfortunately our job to clean this up as it is supposedly our fault that these things happen. After awhile you get used to these things and they no longer bother you and you start to have fun with it.

The new DCA (Damage Control Assistant) was due down in the head to check on the status so we had someone run up to the vending machine and bought a bunch of Snickers and we smeared them all over our hands and faces and stood around playing "Toss the Turd" with a pretty realistic looking Snicker bar creation. When he came in we threw it in his general direction. He looked at it and then us and threw up in the sink.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

Ok that is so mean but so funny at the same time. Did you eventually tell him the truth?

Reminds me of a story my friend did when he and his buddy were out drinking and the friend passed out drunk in the car. It was night time so the friend pulled up to a big tree, parked the car and put it in neutral and gunned the engine and grabbed the steering wheel and started screaming. Of course the passenger looks up and starts screaming and peed his pants.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah we told him after we licked our fingers

That is mean on your story too, no wonder he peed his pants lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh wow!!
I have not been able to laugh all day and then I came to this thread this evening and have been all giggles and "ewww" left and right! For the person who posted about being a ranger and seeing a bunny...ermm.... painted on the wall with jellybeans- thank you for the best laugh I had all day.

There are some pretty nasty things out there!!!!

I have a very weak stomach and a serious case of emitphobia (sic???) and for some reason lately everytime I go to the shopping mall, Target, Walmart and even the restaurant parking lots someone always decides to get sick near my car! It has all been within this month of March as well! What on earth is up with that??? Each time, I break out into a full panic attack, luckily I have not been alone as whoever I am with usually has a bit of an iron stomach and is able to get in and move my vehicle so I don't have to go near it! I know things like that are random and can't be helped but goodness gracious- people- these are bodily fluids and its just so not sanitary! I once became ill in the parking lot of a hospital on my way to the ER as my appendics were about to rupture. As I went in with my sister, my dad was out there pouring sand so the poor parking lot attendant didnt have to!

Cringe!!!!
My hat goes off to all who have dealt with this and have had to provide maintenance for everything they have encountered, park rangers, nurses, home health care aid workers, janitors... I can handle mouldy dishes anyday, but I could not do the work ya'll do as I would surely faint!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Way back when.....when I was a senior in highschool I started dating a freshman. I was not well accepted by her family being a senior, so I was supprised when I was invited to her house for Thanksgiving dinner. My own parents were upset I would not be there for the Holiday and I had to do a lot of convincing in that I could not refuse due to the situation with the Parents. Soooo Thanksgiving rolls around and there I am at her house seated at the table with her family plus grandparents and some aunts and uncles. Everything is going fine until her mother is approaching the table with the turkey, which of course was already sliced from the bird and piled high on the platter. Not more than two feet from the table her mother sneezes directly on the turkey! A big wet sneeze! The family says bless you, she places the platter on the table and takes her seat. I know I made a gagging sound because my girlfriend asked me if I was okay. When I bypassed the turkey her father looked incredulous and asked if I didn't like it. Before I could think I blurted out "I'm allergic to poultry!" This of course brought all sorts of looks my way. I could not enjoy my dinner watching all these people consume her nose splatter. In fact I was so creeped out and shallow that I soon broke it off with that girl.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have seen many things around this world of ours which could be described as "gross" but I would have to say that among the most horrifically gruesome sights I have ever had the displeasure of beholding was back when I lived in Jamaica and was returning home one evening and happened upon a terrible auto accident which had just occurred on the dark winding 2 lane mountain road.

A guy in a compact car had run into the back of a sugarcane truck at a very high speed. When I got out and approached with some other motorists who had freshly arrived on the scene we were astounded to see that the driver (who was wearing no seat belt) was completely wedged in seemingly impossible contortion under the dashboard and steering wheel from the force of the impact. He was still alive(unbelievably) but there was nothing we could do to extract him.

Emergency services in Jamaica (at least when I lived there) were exceedingly deficient in skill and slow in their response times. No Jamaicans I spoke with that night had ever even heard of any of their emergency response teams possessing the "jaws of life" and were in fact oblivious to the concept of such a device.

There was basically no viable recourse for us rescuing the victim and it haunts me to this day that I was unable to administer any first-aid or meaningful assistance whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

I haven't seen anyone in the sort of situation you describe, but I have been in situations where I have been unable to be of much use to someone who is suffering.

I know it can feel like a terrible burden, being so willing to help but powerless to do anything really meaningful.

I hope you are not trying to shoulder any blame for the situation you found yourself in. It's unfortunate that the man involved had brought about the accident and awful that the emergency services weren't up to the task of rescuing him.

At least you were there to show him some compassion. I hope he felt your support and that it gave him some comfort.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bruce
I was not well accepted by her family being a senior,

Not more than two feet from the table her mother sneezes directly on the turkey! A big wet sneeze!

In fact I was so creeped out and shallow that I soon broke it off with that girl.

You sure it wasn't deliberate?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

WOW - that is an amazing tongue vid. That did not gross me out at all, but dang! I can't believe he was able to bring his jaw up to his nose too!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Hmmmmmmm.....I never put that together before, touche mother of my girlfriend, touche.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join