It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been grossed out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Warning - this is totally tasteless.

I used to have an elderly employer and one of the problems that comes with old age is trouble with the waterworks.

Well, she need 'internal' medication and it was bad enough that she sent me to the chemist - with an explanatory note - to get the applicator. But then she kept losing it.

One day she had me and our cleaning lady turn the house upside down trying to find it, all to no avail. Finally, exasperated, she said "Well I just can't understand where it's got to. The last time I saw it, it was in the dish-washer'.

Another time, I was sitting at my desk eating my lunch, absorbed in the newspaper when she came breezing into the office saying 'I hope you don't mind, I've got no knickers on'. I've never, neither before nor since, found a newspaper so fascinating.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yeah, when I watched this...
Description: Uhm... huge human tongue doing weird things... really gross. Funny thing is, I have a strong stomach in general, but this just about did me in for some reason.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Yikes! And to think he put that back in his mouth...........

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
once was I grossed out by another human. (loads of times by my dogs) But this human encounter, is not for the weak stomached.

here was this young girl, a bit of a drop out "free spirit" (see :- Hippy) But her lack of personal hygene took a step back the day she popped a massive boil on her foot and ATE the puss that came out. She even got the attention of everyone in the room and said "look, custard" before licking it off her fingers.

I have never, nor have i ever been again, so grossed out by someone as that.

And yes, I saw 2girls1cup and all the sequels. They had nothing on this girl.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

2girls1cup?
Do I even want to know?

Have I been grossed out? sure. I work for the health department.

We helped a christmas in april project clean out an old lady's house that didn't throw anything out for 40 years. She lost power 3 years earlier.

We went to remove the fridge. When the power went out, she never emptied the fridge. Teh freezer door opened and all the conjeled liquid of bygone meat poured out.

They didn't have water so they were going in buckets and leaving them in the bathroom.

When WNV was a big issue, I had to collect the birds for testing. They had to be recently deceased, and we told people that. They would say they were. But a few times I woudl get there to see a squirming pile of maggots and tried to pick it up and it fell apart. I almost vomitted on their lawn.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It's on a much smaller scale, but I sympathize with the fridge thing because my recently ex-housemate had some filthy habits.

Once when he was away we had to have a phone engineer in and he had to check out some wiring under the eaves in my h/m's room. There we found two saucepans with a mould in them about three inches deep. Yeurgggh!

What made it worse was that I voluntarily do all the washing up (to make sure it's done properly) and all he ever had to do was bring his stuff to the kitchen and leave it on the counter. And he was too lazy even to do that.

Acidtastic - 2girls1cup? I might want to know........

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Grossed out you say?.. well I'd suggest watching any of the following movies if you're looking to get grossed-out;

The Hills Have Eyes (part 2 especially)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (can't remember which one..)
Hostel (only saw part 1)

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
Acidtastic - 2girls1cup? I might want to know........

nah.....it is pretty vile

I worked in the nursing field for six years.
Two of those years were in labor and delivery and nothing is more nauseating and beautiful as a baby coming into this world. I love the smell of afterbirth in the morning...LOL. Not to mention all the bedpans and bed baths I ever gave.

On a lighter note... my dog did leave an eviscerated opossum in the backyard once.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
[
On a lighter note... my dog did leave an eviscerated opossum in the backyard once.
My dog must have eaten some poo somewhere, cos he puked it up all over my bed at 4am saturday morning. I was trying to pretend to be too drunk to care, but the stench over powered me. That's what I call a rude awakening.

edit to say nixi- I'd leave 2girls1cup well alone. It's the kind of thing you can't unwatch. You'll be scrubbing your eyeballs for weeks trying to erase the image of 2 ladies eating sick and poo off eachother.

[edit on 18/3/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'll have to say that the episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe pops an internal goat zit is nasty.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

oh oh oh, that reminds me of a recent one.

Watching Bear Grylls eat a large larvae that pops and sends stringy goo all over him and the camera.

And when he drank urine out of a snake skin. My husband and I were litterally gagging watching this.

I love dirty jobs. Mike Rowe is awesome, and very brave.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Lord knows I would never do half the... no 90% of the jobs he tries.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

LOL I have had those roommates. A very lazy roommate kept ticking me off. So finally I got a hard plastic plate, wrote his name on it in permenant marker. Such and such plate. I said if he is not going to do dishes, he could only use that plate. Sure enough he did.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

And when he drank urine out of a snake skin. My husband and I were litterally gagging watching this.

That was one of those things you hope it is staged and he is really not drinking pee out of a snake skin.

Yes Yes... I love Mike Rowe

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

My housemate gave me so much ammunition I almost started a thread on lazy people.

Prime example, he had a piece of paper in his pocket with a phone number on it and I needed the number. So I asked for it while he was sitting at the computer. And he actually told me he was too lazy to stand up and take it out of his pocket. So he googled the company on the internet and read out the number from the computer screen.

If I had a magic marker it wouldn't have been the plate that got a name written on it

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A really nice, pathetically continual drunk neighbor really had been bugging me to 'come up'-have a beer. 'come up'-have a beer. He was quite the character. Being in the habit of defaulting to a nervous reflex of smiling civility until I find my out by stepping through the fire (?); I went up. It was a building I was interested in seeing the inside of for future tenancy, maybe, I dunno.

Anyways, I walk into his room and through the course of chatter, spy a bowl filled with pink stuff on the floor next to the bed which doubled as a couch.

Pink stuff splayed around the edges of the bowl. Stomach contents basically. And as I held back my gag, gag, gagging...I asked him in the utmost politically correct diplomacy.. "Is that your flem cup?"

Which it was, right out there in the open, as it was often used as matter a factly as anything.

He goes, "Oh my gosh, is that bugging you?" and goes and picks it up--which places it in elevation closer to my nose and eyes, granted I was as far from it as possible.

blah! heh hee. Ah the reasons I don't alcohol-ize as a purpose.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Actually this thread has grossed me out much more then anything I have encountered in real life.

And I might add, I certainly am not the sensitive type.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My Brother has schizophrenia & stays with me at weekends.

One of the side effects of his meds is chronic constipation. He gets meds for that too, obviously, but they don't always work as intended. When I cook for him I ensure he gets his veggies, bran & orange juice to "help him along".

3 weekends in a row he's blocked my lavatory. His last "motion" stuck at least 6 or 7 inches above the waterline (that's in feminine inches, gentlemen, inches based on real internationally recognised standards, not the inches you Men make up).

This thing was so vast it was physically unable to make its way around the U bend as God intended. It must have hurt, there's no way it possibly couldn't. Must've been like crapping a cactus.

He never mentions it, of course, oh no he's a Man. The only inkling is the sound of repeated flushing and his general sheepishness.

The only way to remove it is with a quick spray of perfume under the nostrils, eyes closed, quickly followed by disposable rubber gloves & a black bin liner. And another to wrap the first in.

Karen Sunde once said "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.".

Heaven must be a really sh*tty place

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

actually, I can sympathize with a lot of it. I have done a lot of jobs involving disgusting things.

When I worked at the local park service, I had this supervisor I had a fatherly daughter relationship with. We got along well. But like a father, he trhew me into things feet first. He would let me slave over something for hours before telling me how to fix it.

We had this bathroom, miles from anything, on a hillside. So it had to have sub pump for the waste. it stopped working. No one could figure out why.the floor drain backed up and there was 6 inches of dirty water on the floor. I was sent to agonize over this bathroom for days. Could not find out what was wrong. I begged the boss to look. We stood there adn stared, trying to figure out this floor. He said wait a second. He went to the maintenance room. I heard a loud bang and a suction noise.(I imagine that is how the titanic sounded when it sunk) and strike me down if I am lying....

the sewage, that has been gathering for days, shot out of every toilet, every sink and the floor drain about 5 feet into the air.

I have never seen anything like it since.

My jaw dropped. There was like an inche of mud and sewage on teh floor. My boss turns to me and goes. Well, get the hose out of the truck. And walks away.

Ends up a person not knowing the system had turned off the circuit breaker for the sub pump instead of the lights. My boss had checked the circuit breaker. Would of been really nice if someone had mentioned that option.

Other delightful duties include getting the deer parts that were hit by the trains. (park responsibilty, it was our deer, lol)

dirty diapers in the woods.

cleaning the scum off the fishing pond. (that was interesting, includes skimmers and canoes)

my favorite was the crab feasts people left reeking in the son for a few days.

public bathrooms. enough said. people are gross.

A ranger told me a story once that a crazy guy took his own poo around easter time and drew a bunny on the wall of the bathroom and stuck jelly beans in it.

actually what would freak me out most was opening a bathroom that had been closed for any duration, for there were dead wolf spiders everywhere.

appreciate your park personal folks!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I always make sure not to be eating when I check in here.

I'm really grateful for the replies. When I started this thread I'd been on my own with my dog for four days in the country and lovely as he is he's not much of a conversationalist.

I thought this might be a bit of a laugh and I've not been disappointed.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join