It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrible Dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ever few months I have a really horrible dream, like make you want to vomit horrible. Its very real and very detailed. the worst part is its so bad it sticks in your head for weeks, like seeing a violent car wreck. The last dream like this was there was a guy in a suit who was tortured but still alive. The dream just popped up but I had a feeling like there was a search going for some sort of bad people, I guess I was part of the group hunting them down.

Anyways in the dream I was out in the woods in the middle of nowhere. It had been raining and there was a guy in a suit still alive sitting up with both legs chopped off at the wasit. The left side of his face was paralized I was thinking the people were were hunting were torturing people by injecting chemicals in them and the stroke was a effect of it. There was also a chuck of somones face floating in a puddle of bloody water where the guy with no legs was.

Anyone else have dreams like this?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I had a dream that I set my cats on fire.
They were laying all burnt up but 2 were not dead.
They were moaning so pitifully.
I picked one up and choked it to death.
I hit another one with a hammer.

I really have a hard time describing this because I love my cats, even thought the bug the heck out of me sometimes.
I love them so much.
especially my Big girl, the one that was moaning and I choked.
I woke up crying and screaming to my girlfriend, who in turn began to cry at the thought of what I described.
I Hated that dream and wish I wished I was dead, because I really felt like I just did it.
I never have dreams like this as an adult.
I did have a glass of tap water that night before I went to bed.
We ran out of bottled and I was really thirsty.
I believe tap water is uber contaminated. You can smell it.
That is the only time I have ever drank tap water since 1993.

The only other time I ever had a dream that terrified me so was when I was a child. I must have been younger than 5.
In the dream someone was standing out side my bedroom window with their face pushed against the screen, laughing and screaming maniacally.
The eyes were red like red LED's.
I pissed myself and was paralyzed for 4 hours.
I would not move or make a sound when I woke up, because I was so terrified.
When the sun came up is when I ran out of bed and went into the living room where there was no window nearby and fell back to sleep.

[edit on 14/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Michaeljp86

This is very interesting to me. I have always been an extremely vivid dreamer myself, and have had dreams that depict horrific events. Have you noticed being under any sort of stress when you have this dream? Is it always the same, or does it simply follow the same "theme"?

I've never had recurring dreams, though I have a few different themes that pop up pretty consistently. I've never been able to put my finger on any triggers for this (stress, change in diet, etc.), however I am prone to bouts of insomnia and do have occasional sleep paralysis.

Hope your dreams get better!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I would the psychological stresses of everyday life are a major contributing factor.
There is also, in the back of everyone's mind, the worries of what is happening in the world.
This world is going to hell in a hand basket and we all know it and feel it.
All of us are not as disconnected as we think we are.
This all plays game with our subconscious mind, of which we are most attune to when asleep.
It is said that "Anything is possible in a dream."
I believe this is not limited to mere conjecture.
We "LIVE" these moments and it has a "REAL" impact on our lives.
I cannot have a window open at night since my childhood dream.
These dreams have tangible and long lasting if not permanent impacts on our life.
I would liken the effects of such dreams to post traumatic stress disorder, if not worse.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
First, please know I am in no way minimizing your experience.

I just want to make a note to you and everyone that certain medications can truly change your dreaming experience. Blood pressure medication and some antidepressants, even smoking cessation medications have compounds in them that change your Beta waves creating some often distrubing dreams.

I don't expect you to share that personal information with the group
Just wanted to put it out there.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Whisper, Im on no medication, I do no drugs, dont smoke or drink, I dont even drink pop.

Im not saying my bad dreams are not caused by something but it can be medication or anything like that.

I dont have the same dream, I never have had the same dream twice.

I dream all the time but never have a bad dream very often. But these few bad dreams I have had were always of a human being slaughtered and still alive. Ive been talking to recuiters about joining the military so maybe the idea of all the guys in iraq getting arms and legs blown off have something to do with it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sometimes chocolate can affect peoples dreams and sleep regimens but anxiety and psychological issues no doubt trigger some wild REMs. For a couple years after I finished college I would have this nightmare that I had forgotten to go to a math class for weeks and had to pass the final exam. I don't like flying and I can have some very vivid dreams about airplanes. When I've had anxiety about relationships I can get dreams in which different scenarios play out. Lately I've been having wonderful dreams that are sexual and loving in nature. Those dreams are awesome.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Legless could be a pun on not having a leg to stand on in some situation in your life,

Forest, profundity of life, growth, peace, plenty,

mysticism, getting back to nature

or could mean you can't see the forest for the trees, so then this takes me back to the no legs to stand on theme.

What do you see?

Blood in a dream signifies your life force.

paralyzed, feeling powerless unable to move to cope or to do anything about a situation

The man is you, paralyzed by fear and indecision.

The face signifies, losing face, or something you don't want to face.

now put the pieces together.

Your dream is very significant, it is sending you a message, it will help you understand you, and a certain situation you find yourself at this point in your life.

[edit on 103131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Hi Michaeljp86

We have all had strange dreams of horror.

In my last bad dream, which was about a week ago, I went exploring under a bridge where I used to live. The upstream side of the bridge was almost plugged up with sand dune sand for some strange reason (this area is common farming ground, and there is never any sand dune sand within two to three miles of this place on the surface).

Since I noticed that the sand dunes had almost plugged up the upstream side of the bridge, I decided I would go under the downstream side of the bridge and take a look at the whole situation and see what was going on (there is no water anywhere in sight).

I climb down the embankment of the downstream side of the bridge and I see a lot of cattle off in the far distance farther down stream (no water there either). The embankment seems deeper to climb down, and I notice that there is a lot of blown sand dune sand surrounding the downstream side of the bridge as I finally descend to the bottom so I can go under the bridge and see what the other side looks like.

Just as I get to the bottom, I hear a rumbling sound and I dismiss the thought, thinking that the rumbling sound is the cattle running over to see me.

I start walking to the other side of the bridge while I'm underneath of the bridge and it seems like its 20 or 30 yards away to get to the other side. That seems a little strange at the time, because the bridge is a one lane bridge, meaning it can't be more that 10 feet wide above me.

I finally get to the other side and I find out that the other side is completely filled in and there isn't any light. So, I walk casually back towards the side that I came in at.

While I'm walking along I look up at the center of the bridge and I see that the hole in the bridge that usually is open during high water is completely plugged, and is hard as rock. Usually the water washes the sand away and leaves a hole about a foot in diameter up on the bridge for things to fall down through the hole.

Then I continue on, and it seems like the other end is even farther away than it was before, and I keep walking and walking towards the side of the bridge where I entered. I keep hearing that rumbling sound though and it gets louder and louder as I get nearer the other end.

When I finally can see the other end, I notice that the sand dune sand is now pouring in at the other side, and I rush to make my escape before it plugs the other side of the bridge, but it is too late. I'm trapped under the bridge and the sand was pouring in at a rate that I could never dig myself out of.

The end.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've been a lucid dreamer for about 30 years, meaning that I'm always aware that I'm dreaming, every time I dream. This allows me to experience some pretty horrendous dreams, sometimes, without fear and without anxiety. In short, I enjoy all of my dreams, even those that you might call nightmares, because I'm aware that it's just a dream.

Probably the most frightening dream I've had in the last 10 years was a dismemberment dream. In this dream, I was with my wife, offshore aboard a yacht, enjoying one of the most beautiful sunsets ever — half the sky was bronze and crimson, and half was indigo blue with brilliant stars. Fantastic scenery.

Suddenly there was a sickening lurch, a loud ripping sound, and dozens of voices screaming in horror. I could smell fuel and smoke, and when I got my bearings, I realized that our yacht had plowed bow-first into the side of a cruise ship. The liner was ripped open from the waterline to about the fourth deck, a really enormous gash. I could see lights flickering inside the cruise ship, injured people screaming in the darkness. Then I turned and realized that my wife was missing.

With our yacht sinking fast by the bow, I ran aft to the transom and looked out upon the dark water, which was glittering with the last dull red rays of sunset. And there, just below the surface, pale and white and quite obviously dismembered in the collision, was my wife. She was slowly sinking into the depths and I dove in after her, but I couldn't lay hands on her and she vanished into the deep.

Now, I knew I was dreaming this, and I found it gruesomely fascinating. When I woke up later, my wife asked me if I was having a nightmare. I asked her How did you know? She said that I was sobbing "No, no, no!" in my sleep.

This was an amazing development. I mean, I knew that I was dreaming, I knew that the shipwreck and carnage weren't real, and for that reason I didn't feel threatened or frightened by the imagery. But some part of my subconscious must have been intensely frightened, to call out in my sleep as I did.

Just goes to show that the human mind functions on many, many, many different levels concurrently. If you were actually aware of all the stuff going on in your head at any given moment, you'd probably freak out.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
bridge blocked
symbolic of crossing a barrier, crossing over,

see what the other side looks like.

the other side is completely filled in and there isn't any light.

I rush to make my escape before it plugs the other side of the bridge, but it is too late.

You are blocked and unable to go on to new and different things or understanding of things

I hear a rumbling sound and I dismiss the thought, thinking that the rumbling sound is the cattle running over to see me.

Herd mentality, you are trying to break free of herd mentality

domesticated, attempt to control our animal nature

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

large scale death and destruction could be ESP, symbolic of death or destruction of a project or business venture

many people dreamed of the Titanic and canceled,

To see yourself or another drowning, is to be way in over your head, deeply involved inundated.

what happened 10 years ago?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's an interesting dream, that's for sure.

It could just be related to fears of what could happen if you join the military.

Paraplegia is a recurring theme in my (infrequent, thank god) nightmares too, though. And I think it may either be what Stormdancer777 said: a pun on "not having a leg to stand on", or have to do with paralysis and helplessness -- being trapped in a situation.

I once had a dream that involved a sort of assembly-line setup with three huge trucks parked next to it and a conveyor belt running alongside them. Workers were grabbing things off the conveyor belt and tossing them into the trucks, and when I got closer I realized they were living humans; one truck was full of people whose arms had been chopped off, one with people whose legs had been chopped off, and one with people whose arms and legs had all been chopped off.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I got married.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Oh, I understood the dream for what it was. It was about our marriage. We had just gotten married, and I discovered my wife had a bunch of flaky friends, some of whom had cautioned her against hooking up with this dashing stranger that she met on the Internet.

So, our marriage was the yacht that plowed into the cruise ship (representing her flaky friends). Her dismembered body undoubtedly symbolized everyone trying to get a piece of her with their disingenuous concern, and her sinking beneath the waves symbolized that she was in over her head. Very good.

Incidentally, we're the happiest married couple in the world.

But the OP is a much more serious dream. If, as you say, the dream is recurring, haunting you, if it's causing you distress, then it may be an astral attack.

Any enemies?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

I got married.

— Doc Velocity

LOL, that's funny, oh the humanity.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Stormdancer777 I'd say that you are pretty much right in your conclusions of that dream, Thanks. What you have stated seems to match up with the way I'm thinking at this moment in my life.

Here is another one for you my friend. I used to have a reoccurring dream for four consecutive mornings about a year ago that occurred right before I woke up. In those four consecutive mornings, the Grim Reaper would come out of nowhere and walk up to me in a couple of steps and just stand there looking at me; big bold and ominous, I couldn't see his face because it was shrouded and then he would turn to his right, my left, and walk a few steps and disappear.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Legless could be a pun on not having a leg to stand on in some situation in your life,

Forest, profundity of life, growth, peace, plenty,

mysticism, getting back to nature

or could mean you can't see the forest for the trees, so then this takes me back to the no legs to stand on theme.

What do you see?

Blood in a dream signifies your life force.

paralyzed, feeling powerless unable to move to cope or to do anything about a situation

The man is you, paralyzed by fear and indecision.

The face signifies, losing face, or something you don't want to face.

now put the pieces together.

Your dream is very significant, it is sending you a message, it will help you understand you, and a certain situation you find yourself at this point in your life.

[edit on 103131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Stormdancer777, you could very well be right, one reason why I was thinking about joining the military is where Im at in my life is pretty much going no where. I had some huge medical bills and pretty much lost every penny I have. So Im tring to decide to try to stick with the self employed construction thing or join the military and go back to collage and get into something else since teh construction thing isnt really working out.

A few years ago I had a dream and I had a real nice huge pole barn just put up. I was alone inside sitting on a bucket under a huge frontendloader. I was pounding a pin out where it pivots in the center and right when the pin was about out I thought if I pull that out the machines goin to. Thats where my thoughts ended and I was crushed instantly. As I floated away and out the door I was thinking I wonder whos going to find me.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
To Russian,

Confront and conquer your fear,

Right is the right decision, left unwise decision or direction.

The end, completion of a cycle.

god bless

four mornings in a row, the number four is the number of the material world, hard work

[edit on 053131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 053131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

A few years ago I had a dream and I had a real nice huge pole barn just put up. I was alone inside sitting on a bucket under a huge frontendloader. I was pounding a pin out where it pivots in the center and right when the pin was about out I thought if I pull that out the machines goin to. Thats where my thoughts ended and I was crushed instantly. As I floated away and out the door I was thinking I wonder whos going to find me.

A barn can be a place of shelter, or protection, or confinement!

Which one fits.

vehicle can represent you body and its condition, construction equipment , hard work, major changes ,new paths to be made, whole new way to go, new outlook.

I think you are afraid of the consequences of change,

Floating, you need to rise above the situation, a desire to move on to something higher.

Who's going to find me?

You may be afraid of losing who you are, or how you think people may see you, if you move on or change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join