It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thank you admin and advice well taken!
I appologize to all here for my snarkyness.
I get a little upset when I think of the future our
children wont have basically because of greed and indifference.
I wont answer insignificant and twisted questions that
dont pertain to this thread, its not mine.

All I am still trying to say is,(again and still)we are in trouble whether
mickey mouse is president or rush is.(not the group) Although.....
If that is not understood clearly, go back to school.
Learn grammar, geography(for those pesky wars)and some spelling
while you're at it.

Rosh has admitted his addiction, thats the first step! Good for him!

Thanks ATS for the time out. We needed it!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Limbaugh drives liberals crazy! Before Rush who criticized these people? Who called them out? Who informed the people? Liberals work better when people, especially their supporters, are kept in the dark. Limbaugh makes it harder for liberals to inact their agenda and they hate him for it.

Who criticized liberals before Rush?
I suggest you listen to some Spiro T. Agnew speeches.

Rush is an entertainer. A clown. I have a feeling that he doesn't really believe what he is saying. He found an angle and a niche that he has generously profited from using his oratory gift.

He contradicts himself fairly regularly.

He claims to want people of all genders and ethnicities to succeed, yet he will turn around and make a racist remark or sexist comment two sentences later.

He makes sweeping generalizations that at their best, should be considered pandering. Especially his generalizations of different ethnic communities. How can he speak with any kind of authority on communities that he has spent little to no time in? ie: mainly the African American community. Hey Rush, when was the last time you hung out in Compton or Liberty City?

Rush also takes an unrealistic view on life where everything is black and white or can be boiled down to A or B. Life is not like that. Only a crazy person truly believes in that kind of rational.... Life is a series of gray areas. You can't put every situation or event into some kind of neat little box. Maybe if you were dealing with robots, but not people or situations based in actual reality.

I'm know fan of politicians or pundits or either side of the scale, but I still can't believe the lengths people will go to defend Mr. Limbaugh.

I respect Rush's right to say what he thinks (or what he thinks people want to hear)
but I do not respect the venom he peppers his comments with or the hate and intolerance that he knowingly inspires.

I have found through the years that the people who do the most finger pointing usually have the most to hide. And Rush, like Sen. McCarthy & J. Edgar Hoover, probably has a lot of skeletons in his closet glaring at him.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

To keep on topic and to appease the mods, I will keep this brief and this will be the last word on this subject since it is not related to Rush Limbaugh. Although sometimes the thread being discussed will take a logical tangent from the original topic and should be encouraged. The war in A-stan was brought on directly from 911. However, since we had lots of equipment and resources already in the region, it did make sense to finish off Saddam while we were there since we thought he had WMD.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just some stuff I thought I'd share:

Born on January 12, 1951 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri), Limbaugh started out in radio as a teenager in the late 1960s in his hometown of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, using the name Rusty Sharpe. His father, a judge whose wealth and power gave him considerable influence in Southeastern Missouri, had once owned the radio station where Limbaugh started his career.
www.dkosopedia.com...

A SPIN DOCTORATE IN REAGANOMICS Limbaugh: "Don't let the liberals deceive you into believing that a decade of sustained growth without inflation in America (in the '80s) resulted in a bigger gap between the have and the have-nots. Figures compiled by the Congressional Budget Office dispel that myth" (Limbaugh, The Way Things Ought to Be, p. 70).
Reality: CBO numbers for after-tax incomes show that in 1980 the richest fifth of our country had eight times the income of the poorest fifth. By 1989, the ratio was more than 20-to-1.

Limbaugh: On the official poverty line: "$14,400 for a family of four. That's not so bad" (radio, Nov. 9, 1993). Versus Limbaugh: A few months earlier, Limbaugh was talking about how tough it was to live on more than 10 times that: "I know families that make $180,000 a year and they don't consider themselves rich. Why, it costs them $20,000 a year to send their kids to school" (radio, Aug. 3, 1993).

"I don't give a hoot that [Columbus] gave some Indians a disease that they didn't have immunity against" (Ought to Be, p. 45).

Is it any wonder why Rush is so addicted to pain pills and a divorced man when he spends his whole day lying and being a hate monger. He is one that proves money does not buy you happiness! Submitted by Republican Against Rush

Some of his quotes are outrageous, but that's what keeps him going in his bombastic style. But to be called a dittohead is not a compliment, and the fact there are twenty million of them shows us where the country really is politically. One friend who wanted to rant about Obama didn't even know the Council on Foreign Relations existed, so it's hard to get through to these folks in many cases. Anonymous

www.motherjones.com...

This kind of sloppiness, ignorance and/or fabrication is run of the mill in Limbaugh's commentary, both broadcast and print. From dioxin to Whitewater, from Rodney King to Reaganomics, Rush Limbaugh has a finely honed ability to twist and distort reality. Limbaugh's facts are almost never challenged on his programs. A hostile caller hardly ever gets through the screeners on his radio show, and his TV show is just him doing a monologue in front of his cheering audience. No one in the history of national television has had such a political platform. He has almost never corrected anything he's said--although he did apologize once to the aerosol industry for implying that spray cans still had CFCs in them. Limbaugh's chronic inaccuracy, and his lack of accountability, wouldn't be such a problem if Limbaugh were just a cranky entertainer, like Howard Stern. But Limbaugh is taken seriously by "serious" media...He's also taken seriously as a political figure

www.fair.org...

“These polls on how one-third of blue-collar white Democrats won’t vote for Obama because he’s black, and — but he’s not black,” asserted Limbaugh. Instead, Limbaugh declared, “He’s Arab“:

paleolib Says: So Limprod is back on Oxycontin. Big deal. Nothing to see here people. satirev Says:A known drug addict has ANY credibility? Witch1 Says: This dirt bag isn't worth our time to post a comment....Blessings

thinkprogress.org...

Limbaugh invented modern hate radio, radio for the stupid and insane, radio the paranoid and ignorant, radio for those fearful of change and longong for a return to the imaginary “values” of a past America, and radio that liberals love to listen to – because Rush is just one big comedy act.... Dark humor it’s called. Yet he isn’t at all stupid. Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer – a clown, a Bozo of bluster, a hate-filled puppet who does a great job of it.
I would wager he is close to genius on that scale – but then, so are a lot of serial killers.

knol.google.com...#

"Maybe Rush Limbaugh hasn't heard, but there's a new sheriff in town -- America's troops and veterans, who are not going to sit idle while he and his ilk demean the service of those who oppose the president's failed policy in Iraq," said Jon Soltz, chair of VoteVets.org and an Iraq War veteran. "More and more troops and veterans of Iraq believe George Bush's military policy has been a disaster," wounded Iraq veteran Brian McGough says in the ad. "I am one of them. Rush Limbaugh called vets like me 'phony soldiers' for telling the truth about Iraq."
www.abcnews.go.com...
www.youtube.com...
To answer both questions, why does he pander to the people and why do they listen? Because it pays.

In a "controversial profile," the Gray Lady is reporting that Limbaugh is buying a new G550 jet and is making an estimated $38 million a year.
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

These guys do manage to slip up a lot though. When the anti-war crowd claims that all this business is being done to further the interests of the oil companies and expand Israeli territory, Limbaugh and his coterie indignantly refuse this. Later, when they have a caller or guest on who is a fellow-traveler in support of the war, they talk seriously about how we have to “stand by our only ally in the Middle East,” Israel, at all costs, and as well how important it is to secure the oil wells in a country that has the 2nd largest reserves in the world. So which is it fellas?
dissidentvoice.org...

Rush Limbaugh is a traitor to our country. He has said on his radio show and in interviews that he not only hopes that the Obama administration will fail, but that he will work for that failure.... Thus, Limbaugh is saying he is working for the destruction of our country.
chronicle.augusta.com...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Rush Limbaugh is a traitor to our country. He has said on his radio show and in interviews that he not only hopes that the Obama administration will fail, but that he will work for that failure.... Thus, Limbaugh is saying he is working for the destruction of our country.
chronicle.augusta.com...

If any of us liberals said the same about bush minor or criticized him in any way according to mush loosebowels we were traitors... ya know the knife cuts both ways.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Obama is working towards the destruction of America. Rush opposes the destruction of America, and hence he opposes Obama.

Rush Limbaugh is a patriot. He opposes the traitors that seek the destruction of America.

Pretty simple, really.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

That is the hard right wing opinion... if you check the polls you will find most people disagree.

You guys say that about every liberal and Democratic president... after awhile it just sounds like crying wolf.

Remember you guys said some pretty foul things about Clinton and after $60 million+ dollars Starr's replacement had to admit that there was nothing to Whitewater or any of the other so called scandals... in the end the only thing you could peg on him was that he was a horny dog... and that he lied about it. Even the case in which he lied during the deposition of was thrown out.

I still wouldn't be surprised if it ever came out that Monica was a plant in order to entrap him.

I will say it once again... if the powers that be in this nation had felt that Obama (or any candidate for that matter) was an actual threat to their interests he would not have made it out of the primaries, much less win the candidacy... much less win the presidency.

Just look what happened to Howard Dean... do you really think that little pep rally scream was all that big of a deal? No it wasn't... but allowing it into the news cycles over and over and over again effectively killed his chances.

They don't have to shoot candidates anymore... they assassinate them on the news.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You are wrong becky, obama is trying to save the country from bush's profit war, wealthy tax cuts and corporate giveaway snowball already a'rolling.
He has little choice thanks to the train wreck which is upon us now. Thanks.
You think HE is destroying the country? Wow. Your just a tad late and a dollar short.
We're doing that very well on our own due to our self righteous greed and
arrogant indifference to others. How nice. Get used to it. (check my sig)
Rosh is so naive and self deluded, facts are optional, apparently.
Is it any wonder his listeners act just like him?
If we didnt have to bailout the rich(and pay for cheneys haliburton war)we may have had a chance. If you want our country to fail you are a traitor. Simple really....
To fail would not be very nice for ANY of us. Who is the traitor again?
Obama is making the tough decisions and hard choices the repubs would never dare make for fear of looking like they actually have a heart.
And they still fight progress every step. They have no ideas anymore, only more bs.
They would rather be at war(with anyone). After the last dictator I am surprised when someone will even admit they belong to the whiner party.
Once again the party of NO at work, Whaaaaaaa, we lost!
Rush is a traitor, and like his followers cant stand to lose. Or ever be wrong.
Btw, you forgot to bash on the rest of my post

...while Limbaugh – with his 20 million listeners and recent $400 million contract – could very well be the most popular Republican since Ronald Reagan. When he announced recently that is praying that Barack Obama “fails” in his agenda to reform the U.S. economy and transform American politics, Limbaugh stunned the broader public –
www.bet.com...

Gallup Thursday reported that 60% of Republicans nationally have a "favorable" opinion of the 58-year old conservative talk radio host who said that unless Obama, in the midst of the recession, maintained Bush's tax cuts and acted more like Ronald Reagan, he hoped that Obama would be unsuccessful. The data was collected from Jan. 30 through Feb. 1, just weeks after Limbaugh declared in his radio show that he didn't need 400 words (as was the request from an American press outlet in regards to Limbaugh's "hope for the Obama presidency") to describe his feelings, he only needed four: "I hope he fails."
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

… Are you really going to be proud to say that the leadership of your party, the Republican party, was turned over to a radio host during our darkest hour? Rush Limbaugh is a self interested money mad TRAITOR to this country. We are at war twice over, in danger, in an economic tailspin in which many will die and Rush's answer is to hope we fail.
ftmackinc.newsvine.com... blackstarnews.com...
crooksandliars.com... Sorry for the long posts and thanks for the space!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
If any of us liberals said the same about bush minor or criticized him in any way according to mush loosebowels we were traitors... ya know the knife cuts both ways.

'If' was the wrong word to use. Liberals DID call Bush every name under the sun from stupid to a Nazi. It's the typical liberal name calling strategy since liberals cannot win an argument with logicial facts.

Rush and most other conservatives do NOT make personal name calling attacks against Obama but instead say his policies are dangerous which is a totally different thing. So it appears liberals can dish it out but cannot take it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

After the last dictator I am surprised when someone will even admit they belong to the whiner party.
Once again the party of NO at work, Whaaaaaaa, we lost!

Like the Dems? Since Bush took office, we had to listen to them whine and mew like babies. "Bush stole the elections!!! Gore (or Kerry, when he ran and lost) should be president!!"

And the Dems have been in power since 2006. How much have the accomplished?

Nothing.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You are wrong becky, obama is trying to save the country from bush's profit war, wealthy tax cuts and corporate giveaway snowball already a'rolling.
He has little choice thanks to the train wreck which is upon us now. Thanks.
You think HE is destroying the country? Wow. Your just a tad late and a dollar short.

Obama is simply running a huge money laundering deal? Are you saying your sharp enough to be on to Bush but buying Obamas hook? Maybe there some money in it for you somewhere.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Rush is not hate radio. I have to believe that people who say these things are simply trolling or Rush invades their fantasy world. You know the kind that can stand no opposition. Imagine their world in full swing! Air America and PBS? Wow what a world.

Give me Rush all day!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Shoes on the other foot now isnt it logarock?

The supreme court decided that first fiasco called an election.

Ever watched "how ohio did it" btw? Fascinating and should
be a wake up call, no matter which side of the tracks your on.
Whats funny is obamy won this one fair and square, the repubs couldnt
pull a fast one this time! Nor can they seem to handle it. Seems they can stand a(smart)black man being president almost as much as they can a (smart)woman being president. Not very well.

Old news anyway, deal with it now! Haha! How does it feel to be in the minority anyway? Dont worry both sides are out to screw us in the end,
anyway.
If your gonna throw a hissy all over, be mad at the right fellers please!
Like the real owners of this country who are stealing us blind.
I'm paying less taxes and getting more on my paycheck every week,
so ya I guess I am being paid more. With my own money! Haha
I never did get squat from bush, except my country used as a profit machine and hated the world over just by being american.
I'm going by my personal observation here. With bush you also
paid for big oils big profits all the time. At least the dems are trying
to fix the country instead of giving more tax breaks to the rich
like the republicans would do. I agree they suck too.
Sorry if I was lured off topic....however if we replace every repub
word with rush it would mean the same, since he is the voice of the no party!
Hear that everyone? He must be paying YOU, or at least
giving you rides round the world in that fancy jet of his!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by grover

'If' was the wrong word to use. Liberals DID call Bush every name under the sun from stupid to a Nazi. It's the typical liberal name calling strategy since liberals cannot win an argument with logicial facts.

Rush and most other conservatives do NOT make personal name calling attacks against Obama but instead say his policies are dangerous which is a totally different thing. So it appears liberals can dish it out but cannot take it.

Really?

The same Rush that mocked a dying man's illness? Actually accused Michael J. Fox of exaggerating his symptoms to gain the pity vote?

The same Rush that was blasted out of his mind on Oxy while delivering his hate filled rants?

The same Rush that giggled when one of his toothless listeners said Obama looked like Curious George?

The same Rush Limbaugh that plays "Barack The Magic Negro" on his radio show?

Who exactly is stooping to name calling here?

And of course Bush was mocked! What did you expect? You have a man that claims to be Christian but gives the ok to go to war which has resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths. Which part of "thou shall not kill" did Bush not understand?

Check your facts

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Rush Limbaugh is a patriot.

Using this logic, Colonel Sanders has many pet chickens.

On Topic:

I suppose because he is the last bastion, he speaks for the dying relic that was once the Republican Party. Largely in part due to the ranks of under 35 voters, the Republican Party now trails the number of Democrats. (With Independents, like myself on the rise.)

Source: pewresearch.org...

They hide behind his ample shade from the bright hopeful sunshine of change and a promising future, preferring to remain in the dark gloom of an unfulfilled nostalgia of what once was or might have been.

Because he is the poster child for an obese hate monger who can only point fingers and shuns accountability of his own misdeeds. (drug addiction, divorce, making fun of disabled people.)

Because they somehow feel that they uniquely "get" him and that his ramblings serve some lofty grand scheme rather than the actual veiled guise of bigotry they truly are.

Because from his hate pulpit, he can spew vitriol and attack people without facts on a personal basis. Which is why he could NEVER enjoy membership on this forum as he would be summarily banned.

KK

[edit on 4-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

you took the words right out of my mouth...

If i could give you a million stars for that post i most certainly would.

The only other thing i can add:

Why do people listen to Rush Limbaugh?

Because, as Rush Limbaugh himself says from time to time:

Ignorance is this country's most expensive commodity

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

It's the typical liberal name calling strategy since liberals cannot win an argument with logicial facts.

So saying that invading a country that did nothing to us on the premise of lies and deceit - completely tricking the American public into backing an invasion.....thats not a logical fact?

....or how about one of many occurrences like this one:

....seriously....someone get him a teleprompter.....or a sense of logic and common sense....

If Rush Limbaugh backs this idiot....WHY would anyone listen to rush limbaugh???

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Fremd]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Shoes on the other foot now isnt it logarock?

The supreme court decided that first fiasco called an election.

Ever watched "how ohio did it" btw?

You are so talking to the wrong person.

I lived one block at the time from the voting station in Columbus Ohio that came into controversy. Did I watch? I was there. The whole thing was planed and contrived before the election. There were even folks there with out of state tags "working" the thing. The story was written months in advance. (Voting station at the corner of Fairwood and Watkins rd, a Methodist church in Columbus OH) Voted there before and there were plenty of Voting machines.

I also lived in that neighborhood for almost 10 years and as it has only a 5% white population I would say that I have a far greater understanding of what it feels like to be a minority than you. My problem is that I refuse to fall in line like a tool. Although able and willing to touch some bases on common ground my revelations and flow would not be what is expected from someone that lived it for years. I have not been assimilated by the Borg.

Anyway why dont you cut the race and sex baiting? You just assume things based on the fact that someone would support Rush. Paint him and anyone listing to him as a racist and sexist so your work is a lot easier. Like Rush once told me, they have to discredit guys like me becouse we know the truth about sex and race leverage types that want to bring in all sorts of schemes behind the smoke screen of "suffrage" and "social justice".

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

they have to discredit guys like me becouse we know the truth about sex and race leverage types that want to bring in all sorts of schemes behind the smoke screen of "suffrage" and "social justice".

First off, anything Rush Limbaugh gives you should be taken with a shot of penicillin.

Secondly, i find it hilarious and morbidly disappointing that you mock suffrage and social injustice.

Do you honestly feel that well-to-do white people do not discriminate against racial minorities?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Dude get a grip. I said that a lot of bullcrap has attached itself to suffrage and social justice. Forgive me if I chew my food before swallowing. And if you must know I give Rush the same treatment and have disagreed with him in the past. Generally there remains a 99% rate of agreement however.
(dittos)

Besides, we all know that the sins of each party are laid open by the sinners of the other. John Stewart just shows what you can spin off of nothing and hes very good at it. You probably turn your brain off when he comes on and get some popcorn. With Rush one does have to put on a thinking cap what ever the persuasion. Most I fear of late have been putting on the tin foil hat.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Logarock]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Logarock]

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join