It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

My my. I at no time said that it was ok to treat people as you have been treated.

But now that you brought it up forget getting even with white anybody about anything. Reparations and much of the thrust of social justice movement is simply revenge no?

And, I dont have to start my own tread thank you. Maybe someday you libs can pull the plug on Rush but I dont think so.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Maybe someday you libs can pull the plug on Rush but I dont think so.

Conservatives will be the ones to pull the plug themselves.

The youth of this country are heading in a much more progressive manner, we dont' stick to our discriminatory roots like Rush babies and the likes, and condone it as "okay" because "We're Americans damnit"

all the proof you need of what i say is found in the RNC having Mr. Steele be the official spokesman with his agenda to "change the RNC"

The RNC has seen that progressive has it's advantages
The DNC has seen that progressive has it's advantages
most of the youth of this country has seen that progressive has it's advantages

infact, the only people who really haven't seen it is Rush Limbaugh and his most devout followers who cling to every word he speaks like it's their last breathe.

The majority of Rush Limbaugh listeners are not loyal undying followers. The fact that he has such strict call screening is proof enough of that.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
The RNC has seen that progressive has it's advantages

Umm...no they have not.
Are you blind or even pay attention or do you just spew liberal talking points in order to try and make a lame point.

It's just the opposite goofball. I am a Conservative and not a Republican but after hearing Steele speak, I believe they finally get that the reason they lost was because they had lost their conservative roots and started acting more like progressives/liberals. Republicans lost because they were acting like spend happy liberals instead of sticking to the core of smaller government and less spending.

The DNC has seen that progressive has it's advantages

Again wrong!
Yes, the dems seem to embrace and be moving towards the left at a fast pace but that is NOT because they see the advantages of liberalism, it's because they realize how gullible and naive liberals are and they see easy targets to keep them in power. They realize these liberls believe their garbage with proof to the contrary and keep following them even as their situation gets worse because of their policies. It's not because of advantages, it's because of people being gullible and naive. I'm sure there is a large chunk of these people who are just plain ignorant or stupid because we all know the public education system is bad.

most of the youth of this country has seen that progressive has it's advantages

Again wrong. Wow, this is three for three. Not looking good for you.

No, the youth does not have the experience to understand what is going on plus as stated above, the dems have been running the education system into the ground for the past 40 years, hence the youth of today barely learns U.S. history but damn, they know how to put on a condom.

Let's not forget the famous quote by Winston Churchhill:

If you're not a liberal at 20 you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at 40 you have no brain.”

Also, it seems that the youth of today also have a "me, me , me, now, now, now" attitude. They believe they deserve things and just want everything handed to them without doing any hard work to earn it. Again, I blame the education system and their liberal parents.

infact, the only people who really haven't seen it is Rush Limbaugh and his most devout followers who cling to every word he speaks like it's their last breathe.

You are really showing your ignorance and I am embarrassed for you.
People don't listen to Rush in order to be told how to think. This is always what liberals say because that is how their system works. Liberals need to get their talking points and marching orders from their talking heads and media or they will not know what to say or think.

It's just the opposite for Rush listeners. People listen to Rush because he says what they believe and think. Where else should these people turn to since most of the MSM is totally biased and liberal?

BTW, after looking at your avatar, I see that you have some sort of issue about Rush being addicted to pain meds.
Let's see.......Rush got addicted because he some back problems and needed to take pain medicine. This happens a lot to people.

Now your Messiah Obama used to snort coke, so what was his excuse? Do you see your hypocracy?

You seem to have a problem with a radio personality, a entertainer, having been addicted to pain meds at one time, yet ignore the President having had a drug problem by snorting coke up his nose.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
He reminds me of the chubby school bully in elementary school.

I agree. I don't personally like him, but he makes good points that are time proven over and over again. He's like the strict high school teacher that every student hates, but years later they can't deny that he was right and are grateful for what they've learned from him.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

He has the biggest tallk radio show in the United States. Yes he is going to have a strict screening process. He does let those who don't like him call in and rant and rave for 5 minutes or so.

Most who call in that agree with him don't even get through. So its not like he is just screening those who disagree with him.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Most who call in that agree with him don't even get through. So its not like he is just screening those who disagree with him.

Oh, really?

Then why is it when a caller "tricks" the screeners in order to tell Rush what they REALLY think, he gets flustered and pissed off?

It's because in order for Rush Limbaugh to live on, he must live in a world that is completely void of criticism of himself.

He can't stand what he's become, so he must remove himself of all the reminders.

If his call screeners weren't there to rid the airwaves of someone trying to question him on where he stands, then why does he get so pissed off when they trick the screeners to get on?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

The same reason why when Babba Booey tricked the screeners of all the shows he called into they all got flustered and hung up on him.

Its a live show. They have to be very careful who they allow on there. One little slip could cost them alot of money.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Then why is it when a caller "tricks" the screeners in order to tell Rush what they REALLY think, he gets flustered and pissed off?

Again proof that you don't listen and have never listened to the show and only spew liberal talking points.

Rush allows lots of callers to be on the air who disagree with him and who are liberals. I've never heard him get flustered or pissed at these callers. Why would he when he allow them air time plus their message is so easily countered?

Try getting some actual facts before posting liberal talking points because you are really embarrassing yourself with your ignorance or perhaps your disingenuous is intentional.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Rush allows lots of callers to be on the air who disagree with him and who are liberals. I've never heard him get flustered or pissed at these callers. Why would he when he allow them air time plus their message is so easily countered?

Rush Limbaugh gets pwned by caller: "You, Hannity, Hewitt, and Levin are all brainwashed and you know it."

Audio Clip & transcript:

Rush Limbaugh Gets Pwned

You were saying?

EDIT TO ADD:

This refutes RL's claim that no one died in torture. Note Source just for fun!

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Its a live show. They have to be very careful who they allow on there. One little slip could cost them alot of money.

obviously you are unaware that all live events are on a 3-5 second delay with someone who sets at a desk with their hand on the "kill feed" button so that no more janet jackson events can happen...

Even Rush Limbaugh...*sigh*

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

He's like the strict high school teacher that every student hates, but years later they can't deny that he was right and are grateful for what they've learned from him

Except in the case of Rush Limbaugh he's more like the high school teacher who should fired but can't because he has tenure.

Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too

Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society

Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well." --on Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, while working as a commentator on ESPN

and one of my personal favorites:

"There are more acres of forestland in America today than when Columbus discovered the continent in 1492."

Rush Limbaugh subscribes to the idea that in order to be an intelligent, well rounded man, you have to

A.) Be a man
B.) Be white
C.) Act white

And while he may not say these things verbatim, he is very gracious to reveal them so abundantly every time he lets his anger get carried away and starts shooting from the hip (read all my quotes above)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
You were saying?

I sure hope you were not trying to make a point with that.

First of all, the video in the link does not work.

Secondly, IF the transcript is accurate then it just looks like a rambling caller who would not shut up. It's great that Rush gave him the opportunity to speak. It just proves my point about him allowing callers who disagree with him on the air. But this by no means even remotely shows a caller owning Rush with logical thoughts, all it shows is a caller who would not shut up and even give Rush a chance to respond. If this is what you call owned, then I would hate to see the opposite because it must really be a mess.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

obviously you are unaware that all live events are on a 3-5 second delay with someone who sets at a desk with their hand on the "kill feed" button so that no more janet jackson events can happen...

Even Rush Limbaugh...*sigh*

Yet that still isn't fool proof.

As seen by Bobba Booey from Howerd Stern fame.

Check out his prank calls to radio and television stations and you will see the need to screen the way Rush does.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

First of all, the video in the link does not work.

First, it is an audio clip Sherlock.

Secondly, IF the transcript is accurate then it just looks like a rambling caller who would not shut up.

Listen to the clip. It might take a while to stream if you don't have an adequate internet connection or a crummy computer.

Pwned was term used on source website, but I concur.

Please review my added link, Just for youski!

Regards...KK

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
First, it is an audio clip Sherlock.

Of course it's an audio clip. My video comment was used as a general statement but thanks for being anal genious.

It might take a while to stream if you don't have an adequate internet connection or a crummy computer.

Or just a crummy website because my computer is fast with a superfast fiber connection. I waited two minutes and that is long enough.

but I concur.

If you concur with me then why mention it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why we listen....Rush quotes 5/5/09

"Obama won't release photos of Air Force One buzzing Manhattan, but he will release photos of so-called abuse at Abu Ghraib and Gitmo."

"I think if the truth be known, it's that a lot of elected Republicans wish I would just go away because they buy into this notion that I'm polarizing and making it tough on them."

"I don't want to make people afraid of me -- don't misunderstand -- but the fact that some people are is simply a measure of success. I'm a harmless, lovable little fuzzball. I'm a guy on the radio. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, or Barack Obama -- they are scared of me? I'm honored!"

"Moderates, by definition, folks, are without a core belief system. They float, they meander, they wander, they settle wherever a majority happens to be. Theirs is the path of lease resistance because they don't like confrontation."

"Jim DeMint said (paraphrase), 'I'd rather have 30 strong conservatives in the Senate than 60 wishy-washy moderates' -- and I agree a hundred percent with him."

"The Reagan tax cuts didn't come about through a listening tour, and they didn't come about by preaching a big tent (as if anybody knows what the hell that means). They came about because people had a firm belief in the principle that served as the foundation for the policy."

"E-mail question: 'Rush, are you really saying that Obama is out to destroy prosperity?' My friends, read his books. Barack Obama's primary objective is undoing Ronald Reagan's tax cuts."

"They're filing ethics complaints against Sarah Palin every week, forcing her to have a legal defense fund. They're trying to break her, trying to make her go broke so she won't have a political future. Just shows that they're scared to death of her. If they weren't, they'd leave her alone and let her go moose hunting."

"I'm wondering how many average, ordinary, run-of-the-mill Democrats are beginning to say, 'What the hell did we do?' I just don't know how many of them actually want a totalitarian government."

Very nice quote day! Rush must have been on a roll.....as usual!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just to keep things in perspective:

In the bigger NWO/Illuminati scheme of things, it doesn't matter if you're pro-Democrat or pro-Republican. We're all brainwashed, all racists, and all dysfunctional low-lifes. And the same goes for the NWO/Illuminati. Nobody knows what's going on because we're stuck in our dumbed-down human bodies with 97% of our DNA blocked and 95% of our brains unused. Yet, we're designed to be smarter than we are. What's up with that?

Rush isn't the problem. We all are the problem. Nobody is exempt.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

thanks for being anal genious.

Sorry, I just wanted to savor your typo in the context of your accusation. ROFLMAO
Nice spelling Einstein.

Back On Topic:

"Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?"

I don't know why. But point to the reality that if he is truly as influential as many proclaim and is the spokesman for the Republican Party isn't it ironic that despite all of his "influence peddling" and despite his best efforts Barack Obama was still elected?
I mean if he is so "powerful" why didn't he thwart the power shift to the Democrats?

I suspect he'd have no one to bash and further his sorry excuse for a career.

KK

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
"Moderates, by definition, folks, are without a core belief system. They float, they meander, they wander, they settle wherever a majority happens to be. Theirs is the path of lease resistance because they don't like confrontation."

Utter nonsense. Most moderates I know have just as strong a core belief system as anyone else on either extreme... they just don't make that big of a deal about it... more often than not they feel that that the truth lies somewhere in the middle of any argument... especially political and in this they are far more truthful and on the money than either extreme would like you to think.

There are certainly things to take strong stands on... but it usually isn't political and it's certainly not the distinctions in party politics.

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join