It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

What we have here is a continuation of bush's policies.
Or should I say the REAL puppetmasters who run the show....
I'm not going to answer a twisted question. Except with a twisted answer.
I mean what I said in the first line of this post and thats it.
Cool, thanks for noticing! But also notice how cordial we are also!
Like I say, I can say I screwed up, can you guys? Ever?
Bush had no reason to go into iraq and dont make excuses for a half million dead people. You really want me to dig out the numbers and show ya?
It at least sounds like we agree on it being a clustermess that took BOTH sides(once again)to get us into.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Plus, I guess you forgot that Bush also inherited a declining economy plus 2 wars brought on by 911.

It appears that you are inferring that the two wars were reactions to 911. Afghanistan I will concede, but Iraq? Are you saying the Iraq war was the result of 911? It has been admitted by the former Bush regime that there was no link between 911 and Iraq.

Unless you are promoting Revisionist history, I request you clarify or retract for the sake of factual accuracy.

Thanks...KK

[edit on 1-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i]reply to post by kinda kurious

Thats okay, we gotta cut 'em some slack on here.
The way we spell, write and read I am surprised
we know the difference between iraq and afganistan.
We sure dont know where it is. Mostly.

nearly two-thirds of Americans aged 18 to 24 still cannot find Iraq on a map,
[
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 1-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Where Roosevelt was born into wealth and fomented class hatred, Reagan, born and raised in very humble circumstances, believed a rising tide would lift all boats.

I was merely stating that I remembered the "rising tide" quote being used a lot during the Reagan era. My wife even backs me up on it so there! But there is your link.

It was used during the Kennedy era when Kennedy lowered the top tax rates from an outrageous 90% down to 72%. That was thought to be a bold step and started the ball rolling because of its success in generating new tax dollars.

As you recall, Bush II took it further after Reagan and gave across the board tax cuts to all and took most lower income people off the tax rolls entirely! For that he was resented and hated by liberals and blamed for most everything. However from where we now stand the prosperity we had back in the GW era is looking better every day of the Obama admisistration! LOL!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Despite a less than erudite source. (Newsmax op ed) I'll accept your link. Thanks.
( As I previously noted, JFK famously used it in 1964.)

Glad your spousal unit backs you up, mine rarely does.

Regards....KK

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Theory....Bush "inherited" two wars??

The logical reaction to the attacks of 9/11 were to go after Al Q'aeda, of course. Were Al Q'aeda in Iraq?? No. Your idol, Bush (and his handlers by default, Cheney and Rummy) diverted attention from the true target, for entirely different reasons, and on entirely manufactured 'evidence' to attempt a "Slam Dunk" in Iraq.

We already had bases in Kuwait, to stage into Afghanistan. We already had Saddam contained, remember the "No Fly Zones"???

The intent of the IRAQ invasion, under the pretense of the WMD, was to intimidate Iran. Now, they are laughing at the USA.

THIS is the legacy of the 'hero', GWB.

Of course, you'll never hear this kind of sanity, nor clarity of thought, from the racist pill-popping Rush Limbaugh. Instead, the buffoon delights in 'entertaining'...as a bombastic right-wing 'commentator'...which is, as one of his most recent "quotes" makes quite clear, his true mark on society. As compared to other commentators, he is exceeded only by the likes of Mike Savage and Laura Ingraham. (Just sticking to Radio 'personalities', at the moment).

Following on, the 'talking points' that come down from "On High", as in, from the Murdoch Overseers to the rest of the conservative 'news' sources that he (Murdoch) currently controls (over 140 media outlets, at latest count) it isn't surprising that everyone from Hannity to O'Reilly, and Limbaugh in-between jump to keep the juggernaut rolling........

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Theory....Bush "inherited" two wars??

Huh? I never said such a thing. I think you misread what I wrote.

Your idol, Bush (and his handlers by default, Cheney and Rummy) diverted attention from the true target, for entirely different reasons, and on entirely manufactured 'evidence' to attempt a "Slam Dunk" in Iraq.

Talk about revisionist history.

To start with, Bush is not my idol. I don't know where you got that from. In fact, that is the same lame comment most uninformed, liberal talking point spewing people make which has no basis in reality because most conservatives I know criticized Bush constantly for numerous reasons. You dems or liberals should try some criticism within your own group.
Secondly, the U.S. intelligence and that from other countries also thought Saddam had WMD. It's NOT a lie when you are given possible wrong info. You do know the difference between intentionally telling a lie and being wrong don't you?
Anyway, this is not the thread to get into this discussion further.

Of course, you'll never hear this kind of sanity, nor clarity of thought, from the racist pill-popping Rush Limbaugh.

There you liberals go again with the name calling because nothing you say is based in reality. You are so angry and hateful for no reason except for the fact you cannot take a counter argument. You believe that what you think is gospel and everyone else is ignorant. Sad, just sad.

If I wanted to throw garbage around, I could say the same about your Messiah, the coke snorting President.

Following on, the 'talking points' that come down from "On High", as in, from the Murdoch Overseers to the rest of the conservative 'news' sources that he (Murdoch) currently controls (over 140 media outlets, at latest count) it isn't surprising that everyone from Hannity to O'Reilly, and Limbaugh in-between jump to keep the juggernaut rolling........

That is funny considering every other media source is totally biased to the left.
**COUGH.....hypocrite***

[edit on 5/1/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

reply to post by dodadoom

Thanks for NOT answering any one of my questions and for spewing the usual liberal talking points.

Typical
You cannot compete with actual facts so you just make up crap to let yourself feel better.

Oh, and how did the Bush administration run the country into the ground? You do realize the economy did not start to tank until the Democrats took over Congress in 2006 right? Plus, I guess you forgot that Bush also inherited a declining economy plus 2 wars brought on by 911.

I also don't know why you think that conservatives thought Bush did no wrong. Conservatives criticized Bush on many occassions like immigration and the first bailout. This is unlike the dems who will agree and NOT criticize their man even when it's obvious how bad they are or are doing.

I apologize to mods for the large quote....I brought the entire post by 'whattheory' because I was specfically asked to say where the poster said "2 wars". It's up there....I have not yet learned how to parse and pick apart others' posts, as so many are wont to do.....

It is in the middle paragraph.

So, sorry again. My honor was at stake.....

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I'm sure you wasn't thinking the Thomas pick was based on race. Were you?

I most certainly am and it was widely considered to be the case when he was chosen to replace Throgood Marshall... whom Thomas doesn't rise to the heights of his knees in stature.

and btw I do not hate mush loosebowels... I would have to care something about him for that... I do however hate the lies and poison he spreads.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks Weedwhacker! You can sure tell who the sore losers are!

Funny how they want to distance themselves from bush now when they
probably voted for him(twice and his posse from h***)!

Someone votes for these people and I can tell ya, it ain't me.
Its the party of a totally different perceived reality!

A reality that war, indifference to others not like you and plain
ol' greed and hate are considered cool, a way of life and something to be pursued regardless of anything or anyone else. The party is now just a party of washed up, has been curmudgeons with no ideas and apparently still hell bent on maintaining this destructive path we're on at any cost.
These war monger types will drag the entire world into another war
sooner or later. Happens every time. We're lucky now.
We could easily be in a THIRD war if the dems hadn't won this time.

These repub types of the world want even more for them and less for you,
by scaring you with the tax boogey man or a scary dude in a cave or anthrax or just the flu!
(google tim osman sometime) Works everytime btw.
They cant help it, its an inherent need to feel more important than you.
A country club party full of fat arrogant racist greedy 'people' with no compassion for others unless you are a fat, arrogant, racist, greedy 'person' yourself. Or, like you know who is we're talking about.
Sorry for the potty talk but when around two year olds you must write to be understood by same.......
We are a nation of children who think we are entitled to everything we want, and a reality check just showed up on the door of our foreclosed playhouse.
We're scared always. The peeps are waking up and mad, finally.
Congrats all around!
The party of no, just like a two year old. NO! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
The're still crying because they lost and not everyone will buy their bs.
Btw, got any oxy? I need my perceived reality fix!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

As my doppleganger Grover Maxwell Underfoot the great, Prince of dogs likes to point out... there is no such thing as too much love and affection.

And I cannot argue with him. Its a lesson a lot of us could stand to learn.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I was going to bring up the word "humble" but it may be a little early
in our awakening yet for that!

Of course I'm wondering if rash limburger has that trait...

judge not lest ye be judged

Good one. I dont think its possible but you never know.
Humility is cool. I still struggle with that and sounding judgemental.
I come from a disgust at the blatant arrogancy of man sometimes is all.
This arrogancy is indeed ruining our world and threatening our very existence!
The sheep dont know the're sheep after all!
I'm done, I wont rant

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I apologize to mods for the large quote....I brought the entire post by 'whattheory' because I was specfically asked to say where the poster said "2 wars". It's up there....I have not yet learned how to parse and pick apart others' posts, as so many are wont to do.....

It is in the middle paragraph.

So, sorry again. My honor was at stake.....

I guess you don't know how to parse posts, but you know how to parse words. I said he inherited a declining economy. It was not to mean that he inherited two wars and I think you knew that. To make it clear, I guess I should have added the word 'fought' making, "he inherited a declining economy plus fought two wars". Instead of parsing words, why not try and have a conversation about the substance.

[edit on 5/2/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
DP

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Thanks Weedwhacker! You can sure tell who the sore losers are!

Funny how they want to distance themselves from bush now

Yeah, you do need help since you never debate about any of the substance of the posts. All you do is name call and spew liberal talking points.

Your comment about distancing from Bush shows your ignorance since myself and everyone I know would always jump on Bush when he did something we did not agree with. For instance when he wanted immigration amnesty. I guess you just forgot about how they tried to push that through but it was thwarted due to citizen outrage.

Btw, got any oxy? I need my perceived reality fix!

No, but I'm sure Obama can get you some coke to snort.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Dear What Theory, I am reposting this request since you have apparently missed it or avoided answering. My issue with your post is not the same as WW's. Thanks.

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Plus, I guess you forgot that Bush also inherited a declining economy plus 2 wars brought on by 911.

It appears that you are inferring that the two wars were reactions to 911. Afghanistan I will concede, but Iraq? Are you saying the Iraq war was the result of 911? It has been admitted by the former Bush regime that there was no link between 911 and Iraq.

Unless you are promoting Revisionist history, I request you clarify or retract for the sake of factual accuracy.

Thanks...KK

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

ADMIN NOTICE

Please discuss the topic, not each other.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There has been more then enough attacking each other.

It will stop right now.

Discuss the topic which is Rush Limbaugh not each other.

Thank you

gallopinghordes
member and mod

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join