It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whispers/Voices- The Mystery of The Forest/Jungle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

Do you have any pictures of the foot prints? The creatures? The shadow people? Anything so that I can visually see it? And maybe be able to help ya.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Regrettably, I do not. I've never owned a presentable camera, and due to the chaotic and unpredicatable nature of the sightings, I've not had any luck when actively trying to find one.
I've been trying to get one of my friends who was present for a sighting to come with me into those woods again, but there has been a recent rise in crime in the area; the woods are fenced off and watched by a patrolman who is not very friendly.

If I can manage to trespass without getting caught, I may be able to acquire photographic evidence, but I make no promises. If you have Google Earth, however, I can pinpoint the locations of the sightings for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

Sorry for the late response, you may never and will probably neevr see this..lol... but I would be interested in seeing the coordinates for google earth.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

In relation to your plants crying out to you to feed them, yes I have experienced this myself when I have failed to water or feed the many house plants I did have, it;s not a physically audible sound but I think the sound 'appears' in my 'heart-area', not sure how to explain it so it makes sense. Its like when you have a 'knowing', when your heart/ body tells you something is going to happen before it does, or when you know something is happening somewhere else but it affects your life and you don't know why your heart/ body is reacting to something that hasn't occurred in the physical yet. Then the next day you find out what was happening at that time that was going to be affecting your life in the future and why your heart/ body was reacting.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Just giving my old thread a brief bump for new eyes to look upon it and add new ideas/theories. Lets hear it people!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here is a cool thing in which they state that voices can be heard at this place called Masada. (Start at around 6:30- the end.)

And here is some history of Masada:

In 72, the Roman governor of Iudaea Lucius Flavius Silva marched against Masada with the Roman legion X Fretensis and laid siege to the fortress. After failed attempts to breach the wall, they built a circumvallation wall and then a rampart against the western face of the plateau, using thousands of tons of stones and beaten earth.

Josephus does not record any attempts by the Sicarii to counterattack the besiegers during this process, a significant difference from his accounts of other sieges against Jewish fortresses. He did record a raid on a nearby Jewish settlement called Ein-Gedi during the siege, where the Sicarii killed 700 of its inhabitants.

Some historians also believe that Romans may have used Jewish slaves to build the rampart. According to Dan Gill,[4] geological observations in the early 1990s revealed that the 375-foot (114 m) high assault ramp consisted mostly of a natural spur of bedrock that required a ramp only 30 feet (9.1 m) high built atop it in order to reach the Masada defenses. This discovery would diminish both the scope of the construction and of the conflict between the Sicarii and Romans, relative to the previous perspective in which the ramp was an epic feat of construction.

The rampart was complete in the spring of 73, after approximately two to three months of siege, allowing the Romans to finally breach the wall of the fortress with a battering ram on April 16.[citation needed] When they entered the fortress, however,

the Romans discovered that its 960 inhabitants had set all the buildings but the food storerooms ablaze and committed mass suicide rather than face certain capture, defeat, slavery or execution by their enemies.

Wiki

Visitors have reported hearing moaning, voices, wailing and whistling.
Voices

Archaeologists studying the site have reported the sounds of voices and echoes of the epic siege on the wind.
Voices

[edit on Apr 15th 2010 by TheMythLives]

[edit on Apr 15th 2010 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
And here is another video with Voices being reported in the jungle along with a strange occurrence.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I rather like this thread and the varied opinions on the possible causes which likely vary from area to area based on local customs and history. The theories that I most back are those that these are likely the voices of disgruntled spirits or olden rituals that permeated the local area with dense enough energies that we still stumble upon them accidentally these days. I also believe that these voices could be scare tactics used by spirits preying on passerby's for energy.

I would like to mention a case that I remember watching on 'a haunting' in which two boys were exploring the woods near and around a newly purchased property which happened to be dense forests. A few miles from the home they came upon an area in which everything went dead silent, no animal life, no movement of trees or leaves, nothing made a sound. They began to hear whispers all around them which intensified into old Gregorian chanting, like that of many druids coming from every direction. Freaked out, they high tailed it out of the area and back home where abundant paranormal activity began to terrorize their whole family for the next few months if I remember correctly. They had not experienced anything of the sort before that, but had literally just moved in, so that may be attributed to their home rather than the encounter which seemed to set everything off.

I would also like to add the idea, while on the topic of forests, of will-o'-the-wisp's. They are notorious when speaking of spirits in forests, and supposedly appear to those lost or wandering. The individual spots the moving light and attributes it to someone nearby, someone who can help them for whatever reason. Being lost or having wandered astray, they follow but notice it is seemingly always just out of sight no matter how hurriedly or slowly they make their way. Finding themselves stranded further and further in the woods they end up following the light out of sheer desperation. I have heard accounts in which the light helps people find their way out of the woods, once the individual is safely out, it would float about merrily as it made its way deeper into the woods as if happy with its good deed. I have also heard the exact opposite, where they had followed it for miles even, until it seemed to extinguish and they are left alone in the darkness. They have been known to create a variety of sounds and I would not put whispers past this mischievous spirit.

There are places in the world where from vantage points above they can be seen moving about the woods almost on a nightly basis, up to three of them at times.

Thanks for the great read guys, the shadow figure accounts are very intriguing. It seems that there may be as many causes to these whispers as there are trees in a forest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join